corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Internet speed.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Internet speed.
saj_123

User status: Offline
30th May 10 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently I am with Virgin media and the internet speed is slow, so I was wondering was there any methods that I could use to increase my internet speed? Thanks.
noshua

30th May 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is nothing you can do.

How slow is slow? Are on the cable service or the phone line one?

Dom

30th May 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as no one mentions that they have virgin media fibre optic we'll be alright*

If it's the cable service and it's seriously shite, then give tech support and get an engineer out to have a look at it. But its worth doing a number of speed tests at different times of the day, over a period of a few days, as that'll tell you if it's a constant issue or whether it's happening during peak times. If it is the latter then it's most likely a over scribed UBR and there isn't a lot that can be done.
It could also be an issue with your cable modem or a fault down at the 'green cab', in which case i would have a look on the cableforum.co.uk forums and look into reading your downstream/upstream levels (hot spells can cause issues with fluctuating levels which cause drop outs, lag etc).

If it's the ADSL service then tech support!

*It's not FTTH, the last 100m+ is coax. It's FTTC!

New Poll