corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught speeding 102mph in a 70, HELP!

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caught speeding 102mph in a 70, HELP!
SVM 286

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 09 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I got 3 for being in a bus lane (llpm at night) and 3 for being 8mph over the limit. I had to retake mine, such a ballache.
andy1868

2nd Nov 09 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
When I did a project in collaboration with the police at uni, they said as a rule of thumb, upto 80 years old they're not interested. 85-90 they might "make you aware of their presence as a warning", but over 90 you can expect a tug

[/faints]
CorsAsh

2nd Nov 09 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that kind of tug.
andy1868

2nd Nov 09 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is a real shame
CorsAsh

2nd Nov 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Good evening Sir, we've stopped you as you were travelling at an average of 102mph. Pants off please, hands where we can see them."

MarkSport

2nd Nov 09 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
bye bye license.
SVM 286

2nd Nov 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
"Good evening Sir, we've stopped you as you were travelling at an average of 102mph. Pants off please, hands where we can see them."

If only.
chrisritch

2nd Nov 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
there was a lad on traffic cops who got pulled in a lupo gti iirc doing 124mph by one of those laser things.

he went to court and got a 52 day ban or something and didn't have to retake his test. he was a new driver, 18 i think.

remember that episode lol, the narrating prick was saying that Lupo is Wolf in italian or something lol
also the lad was bricking it wasnt he lol
Andrew

2nd Nov 09 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're doing over a 100MPH after a few months road experience. Very silly! We all break the rules and know there is always the risk of being caught.

Wish you luck with your court case!!

However, wanting someone to die with cancer. If you had seen your farther fight to live for 2 yrs with lung cancer you would not have said this. Dam right childish comment not called for.
nall1608

2nd Nov 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake_rob
was on way home from anglesey circuit on Saturday afternoon and i got pulled by a 3 series estate marked traffic car, he showed me the laser thing which said 102 and told me ill have to go to court and it will probably be a ban.
will be devoed if it does come to that as ive only just got my licence 2-3months ago so obviously i cant even afford to have 6 points or i lose it aswell.

whats the best thing i can say when i go to court?

does that laser thing actually tell him my reg?

could i argue that he got the wrong person cause he got me from 450 yards away traveling away from him so (hes got to of booted it to catch up lol)

thanks in advance for any replys

if you have a job try get your employer to write you a letter saying you will lose your job if you dont have your car and lisence, thats what i did and i got away with 5 points, also write a letter from yourself to, as this also helps. brings the letters to court with you and lick there arses and you might have a good chance of keeping your lisence.
Ash_EP3

3rd Nov 09 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More than likely going to be a ban im afraid... go to court say you were sorry for driving like a nob (perhaps you were in a hurry for something important? )

As others have said, explain that you need your car for job/college etc and that might help in keeping your license...
jake_rob

3rd Nov 09 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3
More than likely going to be a ban im afraid... go to court say you were sorry for driving like a nob (perhaps you were in a hurry for something important? )

As others have said, explain that you need your car for job/college etc and that might help in keeping your license...

will it though? everyone keeps saying this to me but i thought i would be better arguing that the speedo on my car must have been faulty or something like that :/ looked on parkers and they say that the car i was in (58 plate punto 1.4 8v) does 103mph. I was hoping it said less than 102mph, so i could use that to say it wasnt capable?

the job i was ment to be starting is delevering pizzas reckon that will help?
GF-91
Banned

3rd Nov 09 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it would help. They don't want someone to speed, even if the pizza was that important :/ .
djmattyh

3rd Nov 09 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nobody knows for sure what will happen to you. it is up to the law now i'm afraid. depending on the evidence, you could get just a speeding ticket or a ban.

good luck
Rick Draper

3rd Nov 09 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake_robthe job i was ment to be starting is delevering pizzas reckon that will help?

Yep that will help, you will be delivering them on a pushbike now
jake_rob

3rd Nov 09 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is though i need to either say im sorry and admit it or argue that i wasnt :/ stuck on what to say lol thnks for the help anyway
GF-91
Banned

3rd Nov 09 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can try and get away with it, then do.
It's not like you crashed.
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Nov 09 at 02:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're best to hold your hands up, say you were a twat, and are extremely remourseful for your actions. Walking in and saying "prove it" will get you a lengthy ban, and a big fine.
whitter45

3rd Nov 09 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love these threads

Wil be interesting to see the outcome of this

A guy who works for me got cuaght last week doing 103 mph. He put his hand up pulled over and the screen in the traffic car had 2 speeds - 103 and 96. Basically he was offered 3 points or argue the cause
. He took 3 points

Another guy got caught cmoing off the toll at 107 and again got offered the points

I think they will ban you as it will make a point in court

However I drive in excess of 90 everyday on the motorways and ride the luck. All these cunts who say hope you get banned need to back off. As if you have never exceeded the speed limit by some margin in your life

I hope it goes as well as can be for you - but expect a ban and heavy fine

good luck

[Edited on 03-11-2009 by whitter45]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

3rd Nov 09 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky mate

Millions of people drive at a ton on the motorway.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
roybacer5

3rd Nov 09 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_

BradG

3rd Nov 09 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
I've always wondered about the test resit thing, as my brother hadn't been driving 2yrs and got banned for drink driving then simply had to pay £90 (i think) to reapply for his license after the 12months. No re-test required.

Speeding bans are usually a month or two are they not?

[Edited on 01-11-2009 by loafofbrett]

I got £100 fine, 12 month ban and a DR10 endorsement on my license which i have to declare for the next 7 years to the insurance company, Didn't recieve any points and didn't have to do a re-test! But for some reason on exactly the same type of car, same insurance company 12 months later my insurance for £118 cheaper?

Best off just showing remorse for your actions and admitting to the offence, dress smart and treat them with respect and they will hopefully be leniant!

Good luck to you mate let me know the outcome
craig_s

3rd Nov 09 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people on this site need to grow up saying things like hope you get banned ect.

I regularly break speed limits and often take my car off the clocks,but theres a time and a place for everything,whats the point having a quick car if you don't use it?

At least he wasn't doing it in built up areas or by schools ffs !

Just to add i have a clean license and have never had any points.
DizzyRebel

3rd Nov 09 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant be arsed to sift through the bullshit but i had the same sort of experience.

When you go into court, make sure you tell them you are sorry etc and was only keeping up with traffic. If they ask what your excuse is for speeding, tell them there is no excuse - they like that.

Also make sure you say you need your licence for your job, and put into your plea that you have only had it for 2-3 months so 6 points will result in you needing to take your test again.

I told them all this, and they gave me a 6 month ban and a bigger fine instead of the 6 points that would have made me take my test again.

6 months and £400 later i re-applied for my licence and because i was smart and polite in the court room and explained my circumstances i didnt have to take my test again.

You might be really lucky depending on the magistrates on duty too, i had the cunt bunch and they were stern on me but a mate of mine had some soft ones a couple of weeks previous and got let off with a £120 fine for the same offence.
Jordan C

3rd Nov 09 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got done for 101 in a 70 end result was a £200 fine and 4points

I went in and told them that i understood that i knew i could be banned and needed my lincence for my job etc

Depends on the judge tbh

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught speeding 102mph in a 70, HELP! 23 database queries in 0.1064329 seconds