corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught speeding 102mph in a 70, HELP!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caught speeding 102mph in a 70, HELP!
jake_rob

User status: Offline
1st Nov 09 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren
quote:
Originally posted by jake_rob
would love to meet you...

I'm quaking, seriously.

Look, being caught at 100mph normally starts the penalty from disqualification rather than points. Normally they would issue you a fixed penalty notice by the roadside, so the fact that it's going to court is a big deal. Just because it's going to court though it doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get a ban. The courts decision is final, and if you can sway it to just points then hopefully for you, that's all you should get.

Admitting it would be the best thing you can do, not only that, but showing that you actually are sorry for speeding. Don't try and make any excuses or blame the officer as this will never go in your favour. If you're truthful and believable enough, or you can prove that you need your car for work/other commitments, you might get let off with points.

This is what the officer said.

He said because it was over 100mph he has to report me. but he contridicted himself really because ive just found out that my mate who left around an hour after me got caught of the same guy at 92 with the laser and then he followed him at 105mph for 2 miles and he got 3 points at the roadside, but hes 23 so im guessing thats why, young driver, inexperienced etc...
jake_rob

1st Nov 09 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by RenWould you know how to handle a blowout at 100mph?

tbh that comment is irrelevant. probably only a few people could actualy handle a blowout at those speeds.

funnily enough, experience or any amount of lessons don't involve stopping a car from even 70mph after just having a blowout. the only thing you're taught is how to emergency stop from 30mph.

ture, i think everyone should have to drive in one of those 'skidpans' so people actually know how to handle a skid etc, cause my mum and step dad wouldn't have a clue whereas my dad does and the only reason he does is through driving like a nob and teaching himself
Matt L

2nd Nov 09 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ren
quote:
would love to meet you...

I'm quaking, seriously.

Look, being caught at 100mph normally starts the penalty from disqualification rather than points. Normally they would issue you a fixed penalty notice by the roadside, so the fact that it's going to court is a big deal. Just because it's going to court though it doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get a ban. The courts decision is final, and if you can sway it to just points then hopefully for you, that's all you should get.

Admitting it would be the best thing you can do, not only that, but showing that you actually are sorry for speeding. Don't try and make any excuses or blame the officer as this will never go in your favour. If you're truthful and believable enough, or you can prove that you need your car for work/other commitments, you might get let off with points.

This is what the officer said.

He said because it was over 100mph he has to report me. but he contridicted himself really because ive just found out that my mate who left around an hour after me got caught of the same guy at 92 with the laser and then he followed him at 105mph for 2 miles and he got 3 points at the roadside, but hes 23 so im guessing thats why, young driver, inexperienced etc...

That could be because the car has no hard proof like video evidence of doing the 105 so he could only prove the 92 (at a guess).

as people have said quite possibly a ban and if thats the case i would of thought retaking your theory + a longer practical test, but again totally depends on the court/judge as there are so many different outscomes that come from such things, like all them things you hear on roadwars compared to people off places like here everyone seems to get a different outcome.

One of my friends got arrested after writing his car off (on a straight road) when drunk, he got banned for 2 years (i assume points and fine but dont actually know for sure as i dont very often speak to him) but he had to retake his tests as it was under 2 years.
djgritt
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 00:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got 5 Points for being caught doing 98 on a 70. That was via a handheld laser device and being stopped by the operating officer.

That was a court jobbie for me too.

30mph + over the Limit means you will be facing a very possible Disqualification at the Courts discretion.

The 30mph above the limit is the threshold for instantaneous Disqualification by the way too.... The fact you will receive court summons is a bit of a bonus in that sense, but for your offence, the guidelines for your punishment will be Disqualification, though the final decision will be with the court.

[Edited on 02-11-2009 by djgritt]
djgritt
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 00:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a little researching session...

Under Magistrates Guidelines, for being caught speeding on a Motorway you face the following...

Maximum Fine of £2,500
3-6 Penalty Points
OR Disqualification
C2RL R

2nd Nov 09 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always thought that if you double a speed limit or do over 100mph on any road you get an instant ban?
djgritt
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 00:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what I found;

I have been caught speeding. Is an instant driving ban likely?
Generally speaking, the higher the speed, the greater the risk of an instant ban and as a general rule of thumb, when the speeding offence is in excess of 45% of the speed limit, there is a risk of an instant driving ban:

Speed Limit; Speed Alleged
30 mph - In excess of 51 mph
40 mph - In excess of 66 mph
50 mph - In excess of 75 mph
60 mph - In excess of 85 mph
70 mph - In excess of 100 mph
sand-eel

2nd Nov 09 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH everyone speeds, its just bad luck if you get caught, I have never been caught speeding and I probably go over the limit everyday. Its not as if I am a shit driver or being a twat showing off to girls and then crashing.
djgritt
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 00:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To the OP;

Link to a useful information list using your details provided in this thread...

http://www.drivingban.co.uk/drivingban/free_legal_advice_help/calculator.php?dl=1&pp=0&sp=70+Motorway&sa=102&Submit=Calculate

Lynny

2nd Nov 09 at 02:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Maybe it's up to the court then? God knows.

it's the offence that determins whether or not a retest is needed rather than the outcome. Drink driving doesn't require a retake, speeding does
Whittie

2nd Nov 09 at 03:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should stick to 99 tbh

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=370332&page=1
Twiggy

2nd Nov 09 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
You should stick to 99 tbh

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=370332&page=1

Amen! 99mph from blackpool to North Wales last night

jake_rob - was it by Caerwys you got pulled by any chance??
bigjim172000

2nd Nov 09 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will get what is coming. I dont know why youve asked on here for help when going so fast over the limit.
Daimo B

2nd Nov 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren
A ban will teach you that speeding isn't cool, and I know everyone speeds, but to speed on the motorway after just two months of passing your test is outrageous to me. Sorry to everyone who thinks I'm being an old fogey, lost a good mate because of an inexperienced driver. Nothing personal to the topic creator.

You spotty teenager, are a little gimp.

Speeding is not dangerous on a motorway.

102mph is not dangerous.

Speeding is cool, especially when you see 160mph

Maybe yor ex dead friend died becuase he was driving like a tit, which doesn't always mean excessive speed. Driving too fast for what he could handle. Driving fast on a motorway is simplez (apart from your dead ex mate)...

RE post creator, yup sorry our gonna loose it im afraid. If you had been driving a few years, you "could" argue it, but your a new driver so u'll have the book thrown at you. Sorry to say but you'll be using public transport for a while.

Theres a lesson to be learned, if your going to speed, be weary of whats around you, including cars parked up, and un-marked cars in mirrors. Do this properly and you won't get caught. You've learnt a vital lesson in driving fast on the road which is observation.

I aint gonna take the p1ss, we've all been there an done it Just you got caught...
Daimo B

2nd Nov 09 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and generally, stick UNDER 100mph. 98 is my usual crusing speed.

Ohs noes, im a killer :Lol:

Gotta love a monday morning chuckle.
mwg

2nd Nov 09 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its fine to speed as long as its not in a residential area. That bit of information is not going to help you keep your license though
Haimsey
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
will_doyle
Banned

2nd Nov 09 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
was on way home from anglesey circuit on Saturday afternoon and i got pulled by a 3 series estate marked traffic car, he showed me the laser thing which said 102 and told me ill have to go to court and it will probably be a ban.
will be devoed if it does come to that as ive only just got my licence 2-3months ago so obviously i cant even afford to have 6 points or i lose it aswell.

whats the best thing i can say when i go to court?

does that laser thing actually tell him my reg?

could i argue that he got the wrong person cause he got me from 450 yards away traveling away from him so (hes got to of booted it to catch up lol)

thanks in advance for any replys

Tell the court you were in a hurry for the X Factor
Jakey
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always do between 80-90 on a motorway. Police don't usually bother with you unless you go beasting past at 100+.
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
was on way home from anglesey circuit on Saturday afternoon and i got pulled by a 3 series estate marked traffic car, he showed me the laser thing which said 102 and told me ill have to go to court and it will probably be a ban.
will be devoed if it does come to that as ive only just got my licence 2-3months ago so obviously i cant even afford to have 6 points or i lose it aswell.

whats the best thing i can say when i go to court?

does that laser thing actually tell him my reg?

could i argue that he got the wrong person cause he got me from 450 yards away traveling away from him so (hes got to of booted it to catch up lol)

thanks in advance for any replys

TBH you fucked up and you will now have to suffer the consequences of your actions. Perhaps the ban and fine will make you think about driving more sensibly in future?
Half Pint

2nd Nov 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soap on a rope.....
danbear

2nd Nov 09 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i got caught doing 76 in a 40 mph zone, i got a 21 day ban and £150 fine plus costs. i had only been driving 4 months at the time. Didn't even have to do a re test. Jesus...5 years goes quick
SVM 286

2nd Nov 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett

Speeding bans are usually a month or two are they not?

[Edited on 01-11-2009 by loafofbrett]

anyone know for sure?

Mine was three weeks. Ended up about a month by the time all processed.
SVM 286

2nd Nov 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
can they prove that was my car he got with the laser though?

They don't need to.

A policeman's word is gospel in court.

He can be quite obviously to all those in attendance, the worst liar in Christendom, yet the prosecution WILL believe ANYTHING he says.

You are up shit street i'm afraid Jake. You will get banned for at least three weeks and fined at least the thick end of four hundred quid I would have thought.
CorsAsh

2nd Nov 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jakey
I always do between 80-90 on a motorway. Police don't usually bother with you unless you go beasting past at 100+.

When I did a project in collaboration with the motorway police at uni, they said as a rule of thumb, upto 80mph they're not interested. 85-90 they might "make you aware of their presence as a warning", but over 90 you can expect a tug.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught speeding 102mph in a 70, HELP! 23 database queries in 0.2047460 seconds