corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught speeding 102mph in a 70, HELP!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caught speeding 102mph in a 70, HELP!
jake_rob

User status: Offline
1st Nov 09 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can they prove that was my car he got with the laser though?
grez12

1st Nov 09 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake_rob

can u prove it wasnt is more the question ! ! !
jake_rob

1st Nov 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by grez12
quote:

fair comment lol

gun to head i think lol
Kevxx

1st Nov 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

no it isn't, if they can't prove it was his car..they are fucked.

Personally if you admitted on the spot, you're fucked.
Try get a lawyer, claim you weren't speeding, and the gun musta been wrong, but you felt pressured into saying yes.
Shell
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ren
I hope you get banned.

I hope you die of cancer you miserable cunt

Come on to fuck
We've ALL broke the speed limit but honestly, I hope you don't value the current size of your arsehole too much.
Cosmo

1st Nov 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police arent stupid, you cant just argue you a. werent speeding or b. it wasnt your car

You'll get at least 6 points, or a full ban, either will result in you having to retake your test all over again.
jake_rob

1st Nov 09 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kevxx
quote:
quote:

no it isn't, if they can't prove it was his car..they are fucked.

Personally if you admitted on the spot, you're fucked.
Try get a lawyer, claim you weren't speeding, and the gun musta been wrong, but you felt pressured into saying yes.

never admitted it tbh, he just showed me the laser thing with the speed etc. but they will have no hard evidence of me speeding because he got me from a bridge with the hand held laser and then nailed it after me at which point id clocked him and pulled in a lane and slowed off to 60-70 before he could get behind me.
Ren

1st Nov 09 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bla bla bla, he got his licence two months ago and he was caught speeding on the motorway. I'm not going to give the shite sob story about seeing people close to me in speeding related deaths, so if you think I'm being a prick then fair dos.

A ban will teach you that speeding isn't cool, and I know everyone speeds, but to speed on the motorway after just two months of passing your test is outrageous to me. Sorry to everyone who thinks I'm being an old fogey, lost a good mate because of an inexperienced driver. Nothing personal to the topic creator.
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was young and stupid once, I got 6 points in 2 years and had to retake my test. It was a pain in the arse but I value my license more now.
Ren

1st Nov 09 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ren
I hope you get banned.

Mature
Brett
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wanted to point out this thread of Ren's being an "F1 Driver"

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=394908

quote:
But i remember what I was like when I passed (18) and driving at 35mph on a 30mph road made me feel like an F1 driver then gradually this speed started rising, and then I started having races to see who could beat me in a 1.Shit corsa... and generally act like a 'badman'.

Seems he's no angel himself. Nobhead.
jake_rob

1st Nov 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ren
I hope you get banned.

Mature

nob head

you think i put this thread up just so i got replys like that? I want a bit of advice not stupid comments, lesson is learnt, and the only thing taking my licence off me is going to achieve is more money out of my pocket that i havent got. the only reason i was speeding was to get back to start my new job last night which i now havent got because i was 20 minutes late, i spent 30 minutes with the police officer... i also stuck to the limit for the rest of the journey...
Nic Barnes

1st Nov 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well said loaf
Kevxx

1st Nov 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

classic
jake_rob

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I was young and stupid once, I got 6 points in 2 years and had to retake my test. It was a pain in the arse but I value my license more now.

when you get it back do you then have points?
Ren

For starters, that was a post from November 2007. I admit it, I was a dick, and I never got caught speeding. 35mph in a 30mph zone isn't what I'd class as dangerous.

Over 100mph on the motorway when you've just passed your test (without any motorway tuition might I add) is a completely different story. I must of really rubbed you up the wrong way for you to search through my post history though.
Nic Barnes

1st Nov 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren
For starters, that was a post from November 2007. I admit it, I was a dick, and I never got caught speeding. 35mph in a 30mph zone isn't what I'd class as dangerous.

wtf? well more likely to kill some school kids at 35 than 30. its a 30 zone for a reason not a public race track. grow up.
Rich H

1st Nov 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the only thing taking my licence off me is going to achieve is more money out of my pocket that i havent got.

You do like to dig yourself holes don't you.

Sure, near enough 100% of us on here aren't angels and stick to every speed limit all the time, but you seem to have a very immature attitude towards it all. Maybe when you have to catch the bus to your new job you will then actually realise that you need to slow down a bit and that your license is valuable after all
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Yes, the points remain until the time is up. It's usually 3 or 4 years depending on what you got banned for.
jake_rob

1st Nov 09 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren

Over 100mph on the motorway when you've just passed your test (without any motorway tuition might I add) is a completely different story. I must of really rubbed you up the wrong way for you to search through my post history though.

id class 35 in a 30 more dangerous than 100 on an empty motorway.
jake_rob

1st Nov 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes, the points remain until the time is up. It's usually 3 or 4 years depending on what you got banned for.

all 6 points?
Shell
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not going to be part of the high horse brigade, but lesson will be learnt until next week when you have to get somewhere quick. Unfortunately, if you get caught, you have to live with this consequence. That's life. Doesn't sound like there's anyway to wiggle out of it either. I think you realise that you've been stupid and that's fair doo's, but you'll have to live with it.
Brett
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Point is Ren, you were young once too and you're no saint. If you're telling me you don't ever go over the limit then you're full of shit, end of.

Also, he's going to learn his lesson the hard way. He didn't ask for comments from some internet lone rider.

[Edited on 01-11-2009 by loafofbrett]
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes jake, all the points you get.
Nic Barnes

1st Nov 09 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett

Also, he's going to learn his lesson the hard way. He didn't ask for comments from some internet lone rider.

[Edited on 01-11-2009 by loafofbrett]

well put loaf

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught speeding 102mph in a 70, HELP! 22 database queries in 0.1074610 seconds