corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught speeding 102mph in a 70, HELP!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caught speeding 102mph in a 70, HELP!
Ben G

User status: Offline
1st Nov 09 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was a lad on traffic cops who got pulled in a lupo gti iirc doing 124mph by one of those laser things.

he went to court and got a 52 day ban or something and didn't have to retake his test. he was a new driver, 18 i think.
Brett
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, like I said, my bro didn't even have to retake test after a drink driving ban and he'd been driving less than 2yrs.
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got 3 for being in a bus lane (llpm at night) and 3 for being 8mph over the limit. I had to retake mine, such a ballache.
Brett
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe it's up to the court then? God knows.
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure, maybe so. This was 7 years ago and the police and courts round my old area weren't the nicest.
l15ter

1st Nov 09 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
I'd of said you deserva a ban tbh.
jake_rob

1st Nov 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
there was a lad on traffic cops who got pulled in a lupo gti iirc doing 124mph by one of those laser things.

he went to court and got a 52 day ban or something and didn't have to retake his test. he was a new driver, 18 i think.

best comment ive heard yet lol very reasuring
Kevxx

1st Nov 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I got 3 for being in a bus lane (llpm at night) and 3 for being 8mph over the limit. I had to retake mine, such a ballache.

ouch!
I'm in court next month, for having an uninsured car parked outside my house(not driving it!) for 16 hours, trying to give me 6 points :/.
hope the courts don't pull my pants down
.Matt

1st Nov 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will be very lucky to get away with it in court, if you was gonna get away with the officer would of had a nice little chat when he pulled you, in all fairness the majority of people speed some people do it by just going with the traffic flow and some do it for the fun, but it isnt fun when you kill someone.

you will more than likely get 6 points and that means a ban for you sir, you will prob have to resit prov test and a special test which is more in depth than a normal one
Ren

1st Nov 09 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett

Also, he's going to learn his lesson the hard way. He didn't ask for comments from some internet lone rider.

[Edited on 01-11-2009 by loafofbrett]

well put loaf

Lone Rider? What the hell gave you that impression? Fuck me, you write something on these boards that someone disagrees with and suddenly you're a toffee nosed twat. Look, I'm sorry that you feel like I'm on my high horse, but I have my reasons and fair enough you disagree with them.

I just stated my opinion, which was that I hoped he'd get banned to teach him a lesson, not out of spite. I used to speed when I passed my test but I never got caught, and stopped speeding when my mate died in a car accident. I learned the hard way to be honest. The fact that I want him to get banned just to teach him a lesson is different from me saying I want him banned because he's a disgrace on the roads. I'm not saying I don't speed now, as I do creep up every now and again - but whether you believe me or not, nowadays I wouldn't even do 35mph in a 30 zone intentionally. I know I never used to stick to the limits, as I was young and I'm not arguing with you there.

Look I'm not really bothered what you think of me and my opinion, but I know everyone speeds at some point. I can honestly say I never once did 35mph on a school road, and that's with my hand on my heart so don't give me that shit Nic. I appreciate you think I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth, but I was just stating my opinion and that was it. There's no point even arguing, since all I've done is just state my opinion without calling anyone names, and yet I've been called a nobhead and other profanities on at least 2 occasions

[Edited on 01-11-2009 by Ren]
_Allan_

1st Nov 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I can remember you can get a ban without points on your license but you will have endorsements put on that will remain for the 4 years. These will make insurance a bit more of a pain and will more than likely increase premium costs.

[Edited on 01-11-2009 by _Allan_]
jake_rob

1st Nov 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

harsh, the thing that really annoys me is all the people that drive round with no licence/insurance etc and get away with it when we spend all that money and put all that effort in for passing our test, then insuring our cars, MOTing them, Taxing them etc etc and then get banned for silly mistakes
_Allan_

1st Nov 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also tear around everywhere, aim for new borns in prams and kittens.

I hope I get a ban soon to get me off the roads tbh.
Shell
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The lad says he hopes he gets banned and you all dive on him like a pack of wolves. The OP tells ren he hopes he dives of cancer and no one says a word. You lot confuse me!

And I'm sorry but driving at 100mph is not a silly mistake, come off it. At least accept responsibility and not act like you are somehow a victim because you got caught.
jake_rob

1st Nov 09 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
The lad says he hopes he gets banned and you all dive on him like a pack of wolves. The OP tells ren he hopes he dives of cancer and no one says a word. You lot confuse me!

And I'm sorry but driving at 100mph is not a silly mistake, come off it. At least accept responsibility and not act like you are somehow a victim because you got caught.

tbf everybody speeds, wether its on the motorway or in a 30 limit, and i was'nt going any faster than the very few cars around me, no it wasnt a mistake but i wasnt nailing it around for the fun of it and unfortunately got caught.

I replied in that manner because there was no need for his comment, i clearly didnt post the topic so everyone could slag me off because im a young driver, its almost as if hes justifying doing 100mph if your experienced.
ste_p23

1st Nov 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it wasnt a mistake

Yes it was s your going to get banned
Shell
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh I agree that everyone speeds. However, I can say in all honesty that if I was caught doing 100mph, I wouldn't be calling it a silly mistake. What I will say though is that regardless of "everyone speeds" and "everyone around me was doing it", that is not justification. It is unfortunate you got caught but trying to make excuses won't make it go away.

I agree that experienced drivers are no more justified in speeding than inexperienced drivers. But I think the point he was making is that having been driving for 2 months, you're not as aware at let alone 70mph as someone who has been driving 2-3 years.

[Edited on 01-11-2009 by Shelley]
Ren

1st Nov 09 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really. I never slagged you off at all, you're the one who wanted me to die of cancer

And if you read what I wrote properly, without all that angst running through your blood because I said something that upset you, you'd realise that I'm not saying only experienced drivers are allowed to drive over 100mph. No-one should drive over 100mph, that's why there's a 70mph limit. The fact that you're inexperienced is just startling to me. If experienced drivers crash on the motorway, it's just very lucky you didn't. Would you know how to handle a blowout at 100mph?

Simple fact is, I'm not bothered how you want me to die mate. You've already proven you're quite immature anyway, so I'm not gonna argue with you anymore and just repeat what Shelley said.

You did the crime, now don't try and act like it wasn't your fault.
jake_rob

1st Nov 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren
Not really. I never slagged you off at all, you're the one who wanted me to die of cancer

And if you read what I wrote properly, without all that angst running through your blood because I said something that upset you, you'd realise that I'm not saying only experienced drivers are allowed to drive over 100mph. No-one should drive over 100mph, that's why there's a 70mph limit. The fact that you're inexperienced is just startling to me. If experienced drivers crash on the motorway, it's just very lucky you didn't. Would you know how to handle a blowout at 100mph?

Simple fact is, I'm not bothered how you want me to die mate. You've already proven you're quite immature anyway, so I'm not gonna argue with you anymore and just repeat what Shelley said.

would love to meet you...
ste_p23

1st Nov 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren

Yep man the fuck up and take responsibility for your mistakes!
richc

1st Nov 09 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont see the problem with people doing 90-100 on a motorway tbh
richc

1st Nov 09 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BRB, Flame suit
mattk

1st Nov 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:
Originally posted by Ren
I hope you get banned.

Get off your fucking horse gay ass
Ben G

1st Nov 09 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RenWould you know how to handle a blowout at 100mph?

tbh that comment is irrelevant. probably only a few people could actualy handle a blowout at those speeds.

funnily enough, experience or any amount of lessons don't involve stopping a car from even 70mph after just having a blowout. the only thing you're taught is how to emergency stop from 30mph.
Shell
Premium Member

1st Nov 09 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and my friend just got banned for 3 months after being caught at 112. He's been driving for 3 years, has had two accidents at fault and has six points. You might come off not to bad.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Caught speeding 102mph in a 70, HELP! 22 database queries in 0.1805029 seconds