corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Mar 10 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who cares whats in your inbox man
Marc

24th Mar 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably semi naked pics of Stcheven
Ojc

24th Mar 10 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
who cares whats in your inbox man

Ian quite evidently.
willay
Premium Member

24th Mar 10 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paranoid mate.
Ojc

24th Mar 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. Too many 'roids.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Mar 10 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post it in here and I'll gladly debate each point in turn.
Phil W

24th Mar 10 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should invest in some of these Gazebo's, they are pop up ones and you literally just pull each corner away from each other and extend the legs, takes less than 10mins to erect one.
Ste
Premium Member

24th Mar 10 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been there and done that. it takes even less time for the wind to catch them and turn them over. Ian really doesn't want the hassle of ne of those blowing over on someone's car. The one we will have on the truck in the future will be attached to the truck and be big enough to fit loads of people in. just no time or funds for this year tbh

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
AK

24th Mar 10 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is it going to look externally? Any plans or ideas yet?

WR or CS, or both?

Not dissing CS but if there is a corsasport truck at a trackday (MSV open pit or something, not a show track session day) I'm not sure it would receive the same welcome response as a WR one. No idea on the response of either mind you and prob not much at a normal track as most folk are there to drive or passenger.

ramble ramble ramble.
AK

24th Mar 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pity its not metal bodied.... You could get some magnetic signs pick and choose!
antnee

24th Mar 10 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
pity its not metal bodied.... You could get some magnetic signs pick and choose!

I was going to suggest that, but remembered!

How about velco backed signage? Get some metal backed signs made, and whack them on when you get to the show/track?
Ste
Premium Member

25th Mar 10 at 00:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have the WR signs. it just needs the inserts on the truck.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
DaveyLC

28th Mar 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We need updates
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Mar 10 at 00:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saturdays job -

Got loads more done today but no pics.

Loom and switching relays are in for the 12/24 fridge.

Bit of exterior roof light loom is run.

Double top cupboard now has end caps and doors.

Worktop has another coat of oil, half way through that job, two more to do.

Bit more work on the bench seat but that needs more wood buying.

Ste might have more pics, not sure. Sure there was other stuff as well I've forgotten.

[Edited on 29-03-2010 by Ian]
am4nf

29th Mar 10 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Van is looking amazing

I can see both sides of the arguement

From ojc's side of things, yes its not going to be as good as a cabin but this way costs will be kept to a minimum and from the savings made from not having to pay for vans and hire stuff could buy said awnings to be attatched in the future
Ste
Premium Member

29th Mar 10 at 01:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
From ojc's side of things, yes its not going to be as good as a cabin

I'd like someone to explain how it isn't as good as the hired trailer. It has more floor space, more seating area, the facilities to cook food an store the uncooked food ( and at the correct temperature). It will save many thousands of pounds which will in tun be invested into more cool stuff for members. It will be equipped with more technology like live video streaming from track cars. There are other things too but I don't need to list them as I'm still waiting for a valid reason why this isn't better all round.

willay
Premium Member

29th Mar 10 at 07:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome stuff
Marc

29th Mar 10 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who gets to use the shower?
DaveyLC

29th Mar 10 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Invest in wifi router with 3G and you can resell net access at the track side
Graeme
Premium Member

29th Mar 10 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just one thing? Have you checked with the places that you intend to take it to that your allowed it on the stands? As at pod I'm sure they would make you park it out the way and may even make you pay more?
willay
Premium Member

29th Mar 10 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVS wont be an issue, neither will be Trax as we almost had a coach coming for one event. Combe are sweet, PPC might need some advance notice.

The normal issue is space, and all you have to do is compensate a certain amount of stand space for it. So say it takes up 4-5 show passes worth of space, you ensure you order that extra space
jr

29th Mar 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
Just one thing? Have you checked with the places that you intend to take it to that your allowed it on the stands? As at pod I'm sure they would make you park it out the way and may even make you pay more?

never been an issue with the motorhome before
am4nf

29th Mar 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
From ojc's side of things, yes its not going to be as good as a cabin

I'd like someone to explain how it isn't as good as the hired trailer. It has more floor space, more seating area, the facilities to cook food an store the uncooked food ( and at the correct temperature). It will save many thousands of pounds which will in tun be invested into more cool stuff for members. It will be equipped with more technology like live video streaming from track cars. There are other things too but I don't need to list them as I'm still waiting for a valid reason why this isn't better all round.

By that I ment purely size wise, I was under the impression from previous comments that it was much smaller inside than the trailer?

My bad

Oh and I completely agree with the money it will save
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Mar 10 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not as long as the hired on we had last year but it's laid out a bit better as there are no wheel projections in to the rear cabin.

The upper section by the hitch on the articulated unit did offer additional seating but the only people I saw sat in there was Paul_J filling in track passes. Not sure anyone else used it.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

29th Mar 10 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've actually been down and seen the truck and I'd say it's pretty much the same size as the space that's actually used in the artic. As Ian said the additional seating has rarely been used, I've seen it used for storing stuff but the truck has got more storage anyway.

The facilties are better and obviously the money. Hiring vehicles is dead money, iirc the costs going into the truck equate to roughly 2 years worth of hiring vehicles/units for the shows we did last year but the truck allows the flexibility to go to more shows/trackdays etc.

I fail to see how people can think it's a bad thing

[Edited on 29-03-2010 by Mike B]

<<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 0.1929250 seconds