corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  22    23    24    25    26    27    28  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
Leighton

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 10 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep the hired stuff is always a pain in the arse, and last time round it was even more of a pain in the arse becuase it broke down and we needed to rush and get a new van
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Mar 10 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
Maybe 2 or 3 of them would be a worthwhile investment for this year???
We've got gazebos already but I don't love them, they're hard work to erect and a bit of a liability if the wind gets up. Will certainly give it some thought re the coverage comments.
Ste
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe Olly would like to erect the gazebo then. Would be a great help.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ojc

23rd Mar 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only if I can lay a brick in the toilet.
Ste
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was being serious. If you think we need more undercover room then I will bring my 8 x 4 metre gazebo but I won't have the time to erect it. So you can volunteer if you like.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Marc

24th Mar 10 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see both side of the argument.

Number 1's should be fine, but maybe their should be some ground rules for number 2's? I'm not sure what but definately some sort of rota to clean the thing out?
jr

24th Mar 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I can see both side of the argument.

Number 1's should be fine, but maybe their should be some ground rules for number 2's? I'm not sure what but definately some sort of rota to clean the thing out?

as said we go to places that have toilets 500yeard in every direction usally, best option is just not to use the van one IMHO
Ojc

24th Mar 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree. But what if say someone who is disabled by a chronic bowel disease and shows a variation of this card

I'm jesting of course
AK

24th Mar 10 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the point of that card?! Cant you just say - 'move, i'm away to shit myself' rather than digging out the wallet to get the card to show them.
3CorsaMeal

24th Mar 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think ollie has it stuck to his pants, so when he turns up at your front door in his pants, its the first thing you notice
Ojc

24th Mar 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
what is the point of that card?! Cant you just say - 'move, i'm away to shit myself' rather than digging out the wallet to get the card to show them.

The card we get in the UK is different, I don't actually have one but it's for when Asian petrol station owners tell people that they can't use their toilet as they have family members living in there.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

24th Mar 10 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Paul_J

24th Mar 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got to say, the standard of work inside looks great... Have you guys considered doing this full time? you both seem to have a talent for it.

I look forward to seeing it / the work that has gone into it.
Fad

24th Mar 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great work as always kitchen looks excellent.
stu_c

24th Mar 10 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'm not going over this old ground again, but what benefit is this truck to anyone but admin?

If there is no awning then the stands with gazebos have more for the average member than Weekend Racer

well for me even tho im not even going to be on the corsasport stand this year and i dont even own a corsa i still contributed to the truck because i will still be coming over at pvs for a free burger or maybe even two

i think its a cracking idea even if you dont but if thats the case then keep it to yourself ffs

cant wait to see it
antnee

24th Mar 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its an awesome project, and I can totally see the benefits of the financial side! Its going to cost just the fuel now to take this to shows/events so many more shows can be done. WR can even have its own track days and have this truck there!
Ojc

24th Mar 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh do be quiet you child.
Marc

24th Mar 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you could deficate in the toilet would you help clean it out Oliveira?
ed

24th Mar 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it might do something toward trying to improve offline presence and try to make CS into more of a club than a forum?
Ojc

24th Mar 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I want Ste to clean it out and enjoy the moist texture and the delicate smell of a freshly squeezed log.
3CorsaMeal

24th Mar 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would you apply graphics to the outside?

i imagine it would make a good advertising oppurtunity for car related companies.
Marc

24th Mar 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was just about to say! Maybe soem Corsasport window stickers?
3CorsaMeal

24th Mar 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might get a sponser deal
TheSmurfinator

24th Mar 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm new here but I feel I have to say just a couple of things.
I've been on numerous forums over the years, cars, bikes, hobbies of all kinds, and most of them have some kind of premium membership available.
What do most members of most forums get for their money??? Nothing, zilch, zip, nada, zero....or maybe if they are lucky a little picture under their name or something.
The funds go toward keeping the site running and that is good enough for most people.
This is the best use of club funds I've ever seen and I really can't understand why it isn't seen as such by everyone.
I'd be happy to pay the prem fee just for somewhere to sit for five minutes at some of the shows, or to get out of the rain/sun.
The fact that it is a good meeting place is another plus point, "yeah mate I'll be at PVS, I'll be on the corsa sport stand, just look for the truck, you can't miss it".
And how good are you going feel chillin' around this with your club when all the rest are chasing their "wilkinsons" gazeebo's across the field while you watch and laugh, chomping on your free burger?

Second point - OJC - I don't know you and you are entitled to your opinion, but as far as first impressions go, you have not done yourself any favours on this thread. You have chosen not to upgrade your membership to show your dislike of this project, that's fine. Mention it, so the admin know why, that's fine. But it seems that you are trying to make everyone else's opinion change to yours and because they haven't all jumped on the bandwagon, you are sulking.
If you don't like the project why are you still glued to the thread? Just ignore it if it displeases you.

[Edited on 24-03-2010 by TheSmurfinator]

[Edited on 24-03-2010 by TheSmurfinator]
Ojc

24th Mar 10 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any favours? I've been here 10 years, do you honestly think I care what someone I've never met thinks of me having a difference of opinion on a wagon full of appliances?

The message I have in my u2u inbox sums up my thoughts quite well on this entire project but I won't post it.

You can read it if you want Ian, I know you do anyway.

<<  22    23    24    25    26    27    28  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 0.1105630 seconds