corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
Chris
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Mar 10 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like i had best get cracking with the door fronts.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

10th Mar 10 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't read this since before Christmas, so I've just caught up with it - so much progress!

Guys, I'll do my best to come up and help with some work at some point if you want it, as I don't have any cash spare at the moment. Is it still on target for 24th April?
Ste
Premium Member

10th Mar 10 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
Is it still on target for 24th April?

I'd like to think so. Most of the interior construction is done. the outside still needs work but I think we can make it. By no means will it be finished, but it should be habitable.

We do need some hands to help with the outside bodywork so if you are offering, then get in touch one weekend

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

21st Mar 10 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a few days worth of updates.

Finished the top cupboards during the day on Friday.

Shopping trip Friday night to Ikea, got that all fitted last weekend

Next job, take advantage of the 20% discount on B&Q and install this loveliness.

Gratuitous plumbing shot.

Shower room started today, need the shower tray in order to continue.

Little picture of the work area while we had pile of wood to climb on

Coming on, still got loads more interior to do then the outside prep for paint but we're still on track for the 24th.

[Edited on 21-03-2010 by Ste W]

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
jr

21st Mar 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant lads
Dale

21st Mar 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks great, best project
Liam

21st Mar 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks epic, great job! Like I mentioned before any stuff you want from argos/homebase and i'll see if I can get some discount (10%)

[Edited on 21-03-2010 by Liam]
Cole

21st Mar 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant beleove how quickly this has been done and to the standard it is i take it you are going to remove what was the old bulkhead supports from what is now the rear of the wagon
Ste
Premium Member

21st Mar 10 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't sure about removing them, they are offering some support to the back wall. Was going to knock up a bike rack so they won't look out of place.

jibjob

21st Mar 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wagons going to look better than my house Can i move into it when its not being used? On a serious note i dont think ive ever seen such attention to detail and high build quality on anything else ever! Cant wait to be served my premium butties from this
Cole

21st Mar 10 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those supports are really only there for when the lorry would of been loaded so if a pallet was rammed against it it wouldnt push the bulkhead out but now they wouldnt make much difference at all if you removed them but to use them as a bike rack is a very good idea
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

22nd Mar 10 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fantastic work as usual guys
3CorsaMeal

22nd Mar 10 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it have disabled access?

only kidding, who cares about them? they don't drive anyway

looks amazing, top effort!
16vKarlos

22nd Mar 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
Cant wait to be served my premium butties from this

Exactly that at PVS

Edit : also just noticed your easy access to the bin

[Edited on 22-03-2010 by 16vKarlos]
Marc

22nd Mar 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that all looks really good! Standard looks good too
Nick-S

22nd Mar 10 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good chaps
AK

22nd Mar 10 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kitchen looks great
SetH

22nd Mar 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whos going to christen the comode with a serious fuck off dump then?
protek

22nd Mar 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant explain how awesome you guys are for doing this build, i think its actually amazing.. well done guys
DaveyLC

23rd Mar 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Whos going to christen the comode with a serious fuck off dump then?

BAGSY!
Leighton

23rd Mar 10 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be locked at the meet so you badgers cannot do that
its for whoever is sleeping in it only. there are public loos to use during the day
Conway563

23rd Mar 10 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
fantastic work as usual guys
Ojc

23rd Mar 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Leighton
it will be locked at the meet so you badgers cannot do that
its for whoever is sleeping in it only. there are public loos to use during the day

O RLY.

Looks like there is loads of room for people to shelter from the rain as well, money well invested IMO

For those that aren't allowed inside do you want to go halfs on a gazebo and a potty? Would have been better off with it.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Mar 10 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't be a funny fucker. If I could have bought a 40ft wagon and trailer I would have done but this is already maxing out the licence.

It's never been the policy to lock the toilet at any event.

However it is not there to replace a walk to the on-site toilets 100 yards away, particularly as has been the case if you can't be arsed giving it a quick clean after you're done. I would ask that everyone who uses it remembers that it needs emptying and cleaning, usually by me. You're also welcome to do the maths on how quickly it will fill up, shouldn't be too difficult to have a search about and get the spec, then find out the average volume of piss that you can muster up. I think I emptied the one at PVS three times during the day, despite the public toilets being literally behind the stand opposite to us. One of those occasions, the toilet was full after people continue filling it even though the light was on indicating it was full. As you'll be aware if you've ever emptied a toilet in this state, you get covered in piss when you pull the cartridge out and you have a pool of piss to clean in the cartridge locker underneath the toilet bowl. Thankfully, I cleaned all that and saved CS a £100 cleaning fee for such slovenliness by the CS members.

So if you don't mind filling my day with trips carrying your piss, carry on.

If you would prefer a gazebo and a potty there are plenty of other clubs who will offer you exactly that, while spending your membership money on an extension on their house.

When money allows, there will be an awning added to this unit which will significantly increase the amount of covered space available but this won't be this year.

[Edited on 23-03-2010 by Ian]
Ojc

23rd Mar 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not going over this old ground again, but what benefit is this truck to anyone but admin?

If there is no awning then the stands with gazebos have more for the average member than Weekend Racer

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 0.3342690 seconds