corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 10 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The truck is for use by everyone, obviously within the limits of its size and current specification.

The specification will change over time.

I also need to upgrade my licence to tow the car with it, which I'm going to do. If it's just as easy to go for category C+E then I will do.

If I then decide to sell the current vehicle for twice what it cost to make it, that money will go back in to something even bigger.

Or alternatively we could spend the money on ourselves and not the club, or continue hiring stuff and throwing money away. I appreciate you've no idea about the reasons behind my decision but crucially, I've made it. I'm happy to justify myself to you but please don't be under any illusion that this was not done entirely for the benefit of both clubs.
Ojc

23rd Mar 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For two shows a year, would be better to hire.

The reasons behind your decision? God only knows.

I still won't agree it's more of a benefit to what you had previously.

You're in charge, you do what you like but not with my money hence the lack of membership renewal on my part.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Mar 10 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had hoped to increase the number of shows. The cost to attend comes down considerably when you don't hire.

That was the main reason. Then there is the fact that it's there and can be packed up in advance rather than needed time off work to be collected and packed, unpacked and returned as per the hired vans.

Plus its actually better specified and somewhat safer in terms of food hygene to have proper facilities.

You're welcome to not agree, I would question how well informed your decision is. I appreciate you're not party to most of the important factors which influence the decision.

And regarding your money, I'm disappointed that you feel that you need to withdraw support but I'll say to you what I said to Paul, this isn't some co-operative mutual arrangement in which everyone is in for the same amount and gets an equal say. I've spent more today on fuse holders and crimps than you would have contributed in a years worth of Prem and I'll be spending more on wire tomorrow than you've ever contributed in five years. And that is just for one job of getting power to the fridge which costs more than I paid for the Puma which will ensure we have enough capacity to cook for 100 people. So don't give me the 'I'm moving my money' talk.

[Edited on 23-03-2010 by Ian]
Ojc

23rd Mar 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We don't get a say, so my way of having a say is to not pay.

Don't take it personally, I just don't agree with the direction you have taken this and didn't from the start.

It's a fantastic project which looks absolutely quality, but it's not what I would have expected for the use of the members.
Ste
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
You're in charge, you do what you like

Nail on head.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Come and laugh in our faces when you are queuing for your 'free' food at Combe. See how far that gets you.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ojc

23rd Mar 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
You're in charge, you do what you like

Nail on head.

What a fantastic attitude to have after members have donated so much.
Ste
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is, in the grand scheme of things they haven't. Donations were about £500. Ian put in £13000. Who gets the bigger say?

[Edited on 23-03-2010 by Ste W]

Ojc

23rd Mar 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Come and laugh in our faces when you are queuing for your 'free' food at Combe. See how far that gets you.

Sorry, I can't eat red meat, gives me terrible pains in my ileum.

Your food isn't the reason I attend Castle Coombe, not sure if you had worked that one out yet.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Mar 10 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not taking it personally, my primary reason to respond was to try and explain the thinking behind it. I know it's smaller than the Mobex unit for internal space, and I'm not 100% happy with that aspect of it, but we're not talking manufacturer-backed expenditure here. We've got to compromise somewhere, and that is in extending the room size using an awning not actual vehicle size.

It's actually massive and when you see it, you'll see that. I'm happy we've done the right thing and I see the member benefits, hopefully you will when you continue attending the events we staff. If that is slightly less in some aspects then so be it, it still poons most other outfits and crucially, it's the best we can do in within our current parameters. And considering we all have full time jobs and very little cash in the hand, it's actually far more than I could have hoped for.
Ste
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You give me terrible pains with your attitude. Unlike you who just has to turn up, some of us spend a lot of our personal time preparing for shows. Hiring stuff may seem sensible to you, but then you don't have to waste 10 days of your annual leave collecting, cleaning and returning hired equipment before and after each show.

You are fighting a losing battle and making yourself out to be more of a leech with each reply.

Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Mar 10 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It also limits how many events you can get to.

I only hope that when this is fully up and running the doubts can be put aside.
Phil W

23rd Mar 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This debate is spoiling what is an otherwise interesting thread, can a separate discussion thread be set up so it doesn't spoil this one?
FAZ
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh guys ignore him, i can see the benfit, i know i havent cotibuted yet, but im a student :\ lame excuse but meh, make him stand in the rain instead of in cover of the truck soon be sorry, though i can appreciate the other side of the arguement

[Edited on 23-03-2010 by FAZ]
Ojc

23rd Mar 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Attitude? This isn't anything to do with attitude Ste, this is a difference in opinion from which you take offence for some reason.

Ian doesn't take offence, you get your knickers in a twist and tell me I can't have a burger, you sound like the kid throwing his toys out the pram because someone dare voice a difference of opinion to yours.

I was looking forward to saving a massive turd within my Crohns ridden bowel and leaving a huge torpedo that would require you breaking it down with a hacksaw.

Thats the only reason I'm disapointed.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Sorry, I can't eat red meat, gives me terrible pains in my ileum.

quote:
You give me terrible pains with your attitude.

Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Mar 10 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only cable that is getting laid is the 20 metres of 10AWG twin core I'm buying tomorrow.
Ste
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Faz, you can clearly see the time and money that has gone into this project with the sole interest being gaining maximum benefit to Corsa Sport as a whole. It is hard not to snap when a little scrote with no idea about the running of a successful club comes along and tries to belittle your work.

Ste
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I was looking forward to saving a massive turd within my Crohns ridden bowel and leaving a huge torpedo that would require you breaking it down with a hacksaw.

Would be funny if it wasn't true.

Ojc

23rd Mar 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Faz, you can clearly see the time and money that has gone into this project with the sole interest being gaining maximum benefit to Corsa Sport as a whole. It is hard not to snap when a little scrote with no idea about the running of a successful club comes along and tries to belittle your work.

Fuck me, for an intelligent bloke you really are dumb. I suggest you read a few posts up where I say it's a "fantastic project, really good quality"

You need to lay off the 'roids.
3CorsaMeal

23rd Mar 10 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with use of toilet, i wouldn't of even let people know its there.

any show/event with toilets even just a day long, the toilets are alway disgusting. Seems 99% of men can't piss properly, how does all that piss get on the floor?
gtitim

23rd Mar 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian - as an offside and possible suggestion regarding the awning/gazebo debate - Halfords had some decent sized pop-up ally framed gazebos in at the weekend - £50 without sides, £70 with. Maybe 2 or 3 of them would be a worthwhile investment for this year??? Look decent quality and size and would solve the undercover/outdoor problems for the meantime.
jr

23rd Mar 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they allready have some of those tim and proberly a higher quality version
Leighton

23rd Mar 10 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer we have some big Marque's if we needed something like that.
Chris
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speaking personally i drove some of the hired stuff and to get it back i personally have to take a days leave to drive up and down the country to drop off.

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 0.2067661 seconds