corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion

New Poll
  <<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion
N16K

User status: Offline
8th Apr 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming along well. Is the area above the driver an other bed?
Ste
Premium Member

8th Apr 10 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah a double bed up there.

My arm is covered in glue from doing that front end today. I'm slowly pulling it off with a load of hairs. Ouch.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Leighton

9th Apr 10 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You must of been doing it wrong !! didnt get any glue on me yesterday when we did the big wall.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Apr 10 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah all the stuff you were spraying landed on me
Leighton

9th Apr 10 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the best way! apart from i was giving you a lift home !!! DAM IT
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Apr 10 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Locker boxes are a good way towards being completed. They're getting hung tomorrow. Cheers to Mike B for coming up and lending a hand.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Apr 10 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Friday night, more carpet.

Wardrobe door, awaiting handle.

Lap times go here.

Saturday, locker box fabrication.

Start with five of these.

This is the little one that goes in front of the wheel on the near side.

Other bits will be pieced together to form an L shape that goes across the back of the wagon and far forward to meet the wheel on the offside but leave space for steps on the nearside.

That job continues today, more updates later.

Simon

11th Apr 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good, what's the practical reason for flocking/carpeting in caravans? Sounds absorption?
antnee

11th Apr 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also screens for laptimes? Lap timing is forbidden on track days

Looking good though, all the cosmetic stuff so looks like loads of progress now
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

11th Apr 10 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry I couldn't make it again today, had a bit too much on but if I can get some free time next week I'll give you a shout again.

We're starting getting some interesting plans on the go for our new van after your suggestions yesterday
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Apr 10 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carpet is the easiest and cheapest way to finish the walls, plus it's warmer and quieter than other options.

Lap times was the abridged comment, it's actually going to be a data feed back from the car which will plot its position, heading and speed, from which you can derive a time. That assumes we finish everything else though so it won't be available just yet. I logged the data last time, only difference is that it will be available live when we sort that out.

Sprinter conversion in time for PVS is it Mike

[Edited on 11-04-2010 by Ian]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

11th Apr 10 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're actually thinking Transit this time but we'll just see what comes up. Definitely should have it sorted for PVS tho

Might need a project thread for that too
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Apr 10 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll put you in touch with our man for ply and carpet, job done
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

11th Apr 10 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only just clicked to this project thread you guys have done fantastic work
antnee

11th Apr 10 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Lap times was the abridged comment, it's actually going to be a data feed back from the car which will plot its position, heading and speed, from which you can derive a time. That assumes we finish everything else though so it won't be available just yet. I logged the data last time, only difference is that it will be available live when we sort that out.

Ahhh, thats cool then! Would it be hard to rig up live camera feeds?
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Apr 10 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very easy but the problem is bandwidth, that's a lot of data and that is expensive. If we can sort something with a suitable mobile tariff we will do but they're normally contract for data deals.
antnee

11th Apr 10 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At a track like mallory you could probably just use a good wireless router!!
Chris
Premium Member

12th Apr 10 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.qik.com

Strap an old N95 to the bumper for realtime stream from the track.

Unlimted data on phone and usb stick.

Will be running www.racechrono.com for laptimes and OBD data.

Then van runs bluetooth to download data on handshake with the puma, once per lap.

Range of 100m, at 70mph which is 31.2861 metres per second, giving 3 seconds to tranfer data

Given that 2m is only 3mbits (384 kps), closest pass of the car is 33 metres this means at best transfer would be 128kps, as the whole log is less than 100k it might just be possible to transfer the data via bluetooth.
Leighton

12th Apr 10 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee

Not a chance they just wont get the range!
probably max is about 20 meters maybe 30 if you are lucky so you probably wont even get to the track from the van with that distance.
Butler

12th Apr 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should get some sort of promotional video going on one of the screens for prospective club members to see.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

12th Apr 10 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah reminds me, I may well have a spare wireless router you chaps can have so we can geek out in the camper
Leighton

12th Apr 10 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Willay are you comming up on for next week?

And i think i have sorced us what we need to transmit live date looks promicing anyway
DaveyLC

12th Apr 10 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Leighton
quote:
Originally posted by antnee

Not a chance they just wont get the range!
probably max is about 20 meters maybe 30 if you are lucky so you probably wont even get to the track from the van with that distance.

Not true

http://www.solwise.co.uk/wireless-outdoor-bridging-eoc-2610.htm

500mW client with a mag mount on the roof and you'll cover the whole track at 50mb's +

[Edited on 12-04-2010 by DaveyLC]
Leighton

12th Apr 10 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last time i looked at my wireless router it didnt have one of them antenas attached to it !!!
dont wory we have looked at them before and got 2 for testing.
were not new to the game here my boy
DaveyLC

12th Apr 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had those EOC's running over silly distances I had one mounted up 20' on the back of the house and I could sit almost 1/2 mile away in the car with my laptop and a 500mW dongle on the roof and thats in a built up area

<<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project X - DAF LF 7.5t Hospitality/Camper conversion 24 database queries in 0.0910170 seconds