corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  46    47    48    49    50    51    52  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
strick206

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 09 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i am going to try PHD stuff next order, i been using MP for around 8 months but has no added BCAA's so going to give it a go. I must say i even tried the maximuscle stuff one month as it was on offer and if im being honest it gave very very good results, shame its so expensive.

PHD stuff is very very good in my experience of it
Cosmo

4th Nov 09 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Craig W
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Pop
Cosmo - Do you mix the L-Glutamine in with your whey protein?

Yeah, just add about 10mg as CraigW was saying he has to my shake.

10g

my bad, Ive actually been doing 10g so not sure why I said 10mg
Wrighty

4th Nov 09 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this really that good then lads?
Paul_J

4th Nov 09 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm awaiting cosmo's 30 day pics...

Tissues at the ready.

Reality is, my 30 day pics are going to be nothing but disapointing... especially to you guys who want size.

In reality its done what it says the phase 1 should do... i've definately shed fat, my beer belly has practically almost all gone now and my sides of my torso have definately got thinner.. it's entirely possible that i've not been gaining much muscle mass as I've been having a very lean diet.

However, this will all change as i'm about to start phase 2.

So I'm going to be having wholegrain rice with my dinner every night and upping the amount of protein I eat (I struggle to eat pure protein without a carb side, like rice)...

I'm looking forward to peanut butter too which was recommended to me by an ex p90x grad... Basically you can buy the ones without sugar, and there are a lot of good fats in there with protein. I'm going to add it to chicken to give a satay style flavour.

I'm still positive that it can work and I feel the 60 day results are definately going to be the one to watch for with me! I've noticed on vids of people similar shape / size to me, that the 30 days don't seem to notice much, but 60 -> 90 you see substaintial differences.

Either way, my fitness has increased, my body shape has changed for the better and overall I've been more positive / happy / confident.

Recommend giving p90x a crack!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Nov 09 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my body is fucking killing me!

ab ripper is solid
strick206

4th Nov 09 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done plyometrics, i'm slightly behind on the week because of work and football last night, will be doing two tomorrow though

arms and shoulder and shitty yoga

sweating like a mother fucker, actually enjoy plyo
Dan
Premium Member

4th Nov 09 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i am going to try PHD stuff next order, i been using MP for around 8 months but has no added BCAA's so going to give it a go. I must say i even tried the maximuscle stuff one month as it was on offer and if im being honest it gave very very good results, shame its so expensive.

Phd is the best thing since sliced bread, like i told u other day, the taste is awesome, and so much nicer than my protein stuff, which is still quite nice.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
allza

4th Nov 09 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phd is good but I think gaspari myofusion is definitely the best I've found. I did an arm and shoulder workout today and it was knackering but the ab ripper x actually had my stomach muscles cramping!
Whittie

4th Nov 09 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How are you lot getting on with it all? Benefits?

What has this got over the gym? Looking at the youtube vids paul put up at the start and theres some pretty impressive results.
Cosmo

5th Nov 09 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul - Ive still no idea how dramatic my 30 day (well, will actually be 37 day) pics will be, as although I know Ive lost weight, I havent really compared my 0 day to looking in the mirror now. So will have to see.

As you said though, 0-30 is more about cutting the crap out of your diet, shedding some excess weight and preparing you for the 2nd and 3rd phase which as you say is where you notice the most changes in people going by the vids and pics knocking about.
Whittie

6th Nov 09 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

What has this got over the gym? Looking at the youtube vids paul put up at the start and theres some pretty impressive results.
ashleh

6th Nov 09 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't really looked into it, but I thought it's because your doing such a variety of workouts (ie. different parts of the body) all in one, which makes it work the way it does? Correct me if I'm wrong lol.
Cosmo

6th Nov 09 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Im 26 days in, repeated the 3rd week instead of going into what should of been my Phase 1 'rest' week.

Can certainly notice the difference, havent taken the next set of pics yet but think it'll be fairly visable. My shoulders/arms/chester feel bigger if that makes sense, and Im certainly lifting more than I was at the start by a long way.

Over a gym its easier (can do most of it in your house without too much hassle) and everything is set out for you right there on the DVDs so easy to follow.
Voyto

6th Nov 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For all you P90Xers looking for some resistance bands.....

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/521105/york-core-strength-kit-save-over-13

Any good for you?
Whittie

6th Nov 09 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Im 26 days in, repeated the 3rd week instead of going into what should of been my Phase 1 'rest' week.

Can certainly notice the difference, havent taken the next set of pics yet but think it'll be fairly visable. My shoulders/arms/chester feel bigger if that makes sense, and Im certainly lifting more than I was at the start by a long way.

Over a gym its easier (can do most of it in your house without too much hassle) and everything is set out for you right there on the DVDs so easy to follow.

Fair play! I've got the dvd etc, and printed out the work sheets Just not got round to looking at them yet.

Is it literally something you do infront of the TV? Would gym & p90x be ott?
Cosmo

6th Nov 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can do p90x workouts fully putting everything in to them and still manage to go the gym and workout properly then fair play to you - you'll probably reconsider after doing some of the days though

Dont forget, your muscles need time to repair themselves.
Dan
Premium Member

6th Nov 09 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, overtraining is worse than under training!

Andy Stocker

7th Nov 09 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread but can one of you guys burn me the dvds for my mate please? Will obviously cover the costs of dvds and p&p, as he was gonna buy them
ashleh

7th Nov 09 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my DVD through today, cheers dan! Hopefully be able to pick up equipment next week and start.
J da Silva

7th Nov 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been talking to my sisters boyfriend about this today, let have him have a look at this thread and the clips on youtube etc... and he's wanting a cd, any chance Paul?
Cosmo

7th Nov 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends which sister.
J da Silva

7th Nov 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one you've not tried raping yet.

Edit: silly comment above, you've only vented an interest in one.

[Edited on 07-11-2009 by J da Silva]
Dan
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can still do dvd's u2u if your wanting.

Cosmo

8th Nov 09 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
The one you've not tried raping yet.

Edit: silly comment above, you've only vented an interest in one.

[Edited on 07-11-2009 by J da Silva]

And Ive not tried to rape her yet.
Dan
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long till 30days pics cosmo, im excited to see

<<  46    47    48    49    50    51    52  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 24 database queries in 0.2221329 seconds