corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 09 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of my dads cars had a similar problem and it turned out to be the fuel pump.
FAZ
Premium Member

23rd Nov 09 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

afm?
Paul W
Premium Member

24th Nov 09 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have a check of those then if the electricals don't solve it

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
.dean.

24th Nov 09 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you drive now does it feel restricted?
Paul W
Premium Member

26th Nov 09 at 00:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, hadn't really noticed a difference until tonight. Seemed to be playing up a bit. Seemed very sluggish and un-responsive. Was driving home from a local Tesco, after being parked up for a while and had my foot to the floor, took a while to even get to 60. Picked up a bit after it'd been running for a while.

FAZ
Premium Member

26th Nov 09 at 08:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it cough and splutter and generally sound pathetic? and not being able to rev even with foot planted to the floor - indeed the revs may drop even ?
Paul W
Premium Member

26th Nov 09 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naw, doesn't seem to splutter or anything. Just seems unresponsive on the throttle

Paul W
Premium Member

27th Nov 09 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changed the plugs today. Old ones seemed fine but it can't hurt to change 'em anyway. Gonna have a proper look tomorrow in the light hopefully to check all connections etc. possibly buy a new knock sensor and maybe check the EGR valve as those are the fault codes coming up.

Also hopefully gonna fit my post 97 bumper which i got sprayed up this week and fit my pressed plates to go with.

[Edited on 27-11-2009 by Paul W]

am4nf

27th Nov 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the wheels staying? or do you have other plans?
Paul W
Premium Member

27th Nov 09 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels will be staying for now, may end up doing something crazy with them if i get bored. Still not a fan of the SXI's then? . Do have plans for other wheels though once i get everything else exterior kinda sorted and get a bit more money

FAZ
Premium Member

28th Nov 09 at 01:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheels suit it mate
*JonnyG*

28th Nov 09 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine use to cut out, was crank shaft sensor..
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Nov 09 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A little tease of todays progress

Splitter's not been stuck on yet, that was just a trial fit, may be being sprayed a different colour, i'm unsure at the minute, gotta work out some more overall plans.

Minty_Fresh

28th Nov 09 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice that..
Mark.W

28th Nov 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep the splitter green it looks smart matey
am4nf

28th Nov 09 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what I was gona do

Nah sxi's dont look good on anything imo mate, I might have a set of wheels the same as your bro's winters for sale at some point
marklawton

29th Nov 09 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks really nice, just need a proper de-badged grill and spray the top of the bumpers and arches the same colour as your wheels
Corsa_Scotty

29th Nov 09 at 02:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice indeed
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

29th Nov 09 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great progress Bro, plans are coming together really well. I do like the grill & the splitter C/C like you was a little unsure at first but i think it looks spot on

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Jamie-C

29th Nov 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep it colour coded

Looks good
Paul W
Premium Member

29th Nov 09 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the comments fellas It's always good to hear what people think of my progress and the like. Have decided i'm gonna run the splitter colour coded, now i have access to a unit i can always spray it up again if plans change or anything, cos knowing me the plans may change depending on skirts and stuff . Was gonna try and get the splitter fitted today but weather's rather miserable to say the least, will have to wait i spose.

Adam C
Premium Member

29th Nov 09 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep the splitter colour coded, does look great

Considering Danny has the Irmscher splitter and skirts I think it would be cool if you had the Steinmetz splitter and skirts just an idea

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Paul W
Premium Member

29th Nov 09 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers dude Yeah, been keeping an eye out for a set of steiny skirts in good condition and for a good price

Paul W
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gave the car a quick wash today, was getting quite dirty. Hopefully will be fitting the splitter tomorrow and getting some better pictures, weather permitting of course. Also tempted to order myself a nice exhaust, want a nice oval tip but most oval's are huge. Smallest i can find is the sportex 4.5x3" one, anyone know what these are like?

spankyjames

4th Dec 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a sportex one on my car

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0205739 seconds