corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Sep 09 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well updates have been put on hold for a bit. Had a bit of a smash lol. Lucky that my dad used to be a panel beater so the damage is pretty much sorted now, just need to spray the new boot (faded flame red :lol and it'll be all good. It had had a previous repair on the back anyway which was a bit of a bodge i think as it didn't have a rear bumper bar and stuff so at least now i know it's a decent job. Gonna fill and smooth the wiper hole whilst the new boots being prepped and gotta re-fit the spoiler.

Went to the scrappies the other day and got a right haul. Post 97 front bumper and grill, tigra scuttle and cav illuminated sunvisors all for £15 . Gonna get the bumper sprayed up and fitted along with the boot, might also fit my steinmetz splitter while i'm at it. Gonna try something a bit different with the front grill too i think. Have fitted the scuttle and sunvisors but they still need to be wired up yet. Anyone know if you can get the connectors to wire them up with easily?

Anyway, here's a few pics.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
stu_c

30th Sep 09 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

absolutley love this

just a shame i dont have my 5 door anymore otherwise it would have been good pics with the more door boys

oh well

keep up the good work tho mate
Paul W
Premium Member

30th Sep 09 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers stu . Tis a shame, definately would have been good to have a more door meet and photoshoot. Really liked yours, but as you say, oh wells, moving on and all that.

More updates should be on the way soon .

Just thought i'd post my favourite pic of it at the minute.

Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

1st Oct 09 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did that post come from aye Paul? and where's the pics of the back end?
At least she's fixed and back on the road though, ghetto driveway repairs FTW

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
FAZ
Premium Member

1st Oct 09 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was wondering, no pics of damage

hope you two are keeping well

[Edited on 01-10-2009 by FAZ]
Paul W
Premium Member

1st Oct 09 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha very funny

I'll see if i can get some pics just for shits and giggles tomorrow but it's all good and i'm all good, that's the main thing.

Richardhhha

2nd Oct 09 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you do...?

your taking tips from my car now arnt you lol
Paul W
Premium Member

2nd Oct 09 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long story short, a small post attacked me so i had no choice but to run into it . Naw, Was reversing and just couldn't see it >.<. And yeah rich, red boot crew FTW!

Here's a few pics for shits and giggles -

Old boot

New boot

Couldn't get any pictures of the actual damage and repairs to the boot as i was in bed most of the next day, heh.

Richardhhha

3rd Oct 09 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol you numpty

loking like mine now

how long till you get it sprayed?
Danny W
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes in bed most of the day while we worked to get it all straight and true haha it must have looked like i stole the bloody thing driving it home with a smashed back end no lights etc.

* blues & two's
* officer: is this your car
* Me: urm ... no
* Officer: do you know anything about the crash the car was involved in?
* Me: urm .. no .. i'm just the driver
* Officer: have you had a drink tonight?

TBH it looked a lot worse than it was damage wise, no iron behind the bumper meant the boot floor simply folded up along an old repair, the tailgate took a lot of the impact too and split along the seam.

we spent a full day Knocking and pulling the boot floor out, plenishing it till it was straight and true, fibreglass, filled and sprayed the rear end & boot so it looked 100%
Fitted a new bumper iron, heated up and re-shaped the old bumper & interior panel tbh it all fits better than the old repair.

Tailgate will hopefully be sprayed over the next few weeks, depending on weather & work

Paul: fancy sorting your rear lights at the same time? all red?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Richardhhha

3rd Oct 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol well you did do it just the way i did didnt you lol

hav you replaced the rear valance or just massaged the origenal back into shape?

any more pics of the floor damage?
Danny W
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We knocked the old one back into shape as the rear valance wasn't too far gone, luckily.
i havent taken any more photo's of the damage but i'll see what Paul says as he might have sme on his phone.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Paul W
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, think was only as bad as it was due tot he bodge of a repair before. At least i know it's a decent repair now. Havn't got any pics of the boot floor damage i'm afraid. Was creased and bent in around the spare well if i remember. I'm hoping to get it sprayed and sorted as soon as possible, will hopefully get all other stuff that needs spraying sorted then as well

Dunno dan, we'll see, dunno whether all reds'd go

Mark.W

3rd Oct 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the car mate.

5 door corsas have grown on me big time this past year,would love a go at modding one myself
Paul W
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers wooly Yeah, i personally love more doors, practical and something a bit different. Everyone seems to hate more doors though

[Edited on 06-10-2009 by Paul W]

Richardhhha

6th Oct 09 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know why tho as they are really good idea...

why would you want to have your passanger get out in the rain to let more people in or yourself for that matter more dor ftw
FAZ
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more doors look less bubbley to
Paul W
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, more doors FTMFW!

Right, well, had the day off work today due to getting rained off. Decided to go scrappy and have a ooch about. Not much there but decided to get these

Petrol flap and wiring from a cav. Now you may ask what the petrol flap is for, to which my reply would be that i'm gonna smooth it . The cav wiring loom is to wire up my sunvisors with. Saves bodging together the wiring and makes the finish a lot better in my opinion. So, on with the pics of fitting. Didn't get many of the start of the wiring up but you'll get the idea.

Pulling the connectors through that hole was a nightmare

Nice and neat though

Simply plug the connectors on together and away you go

Also got some pressed plates to go on when i get the post 97 bumper and boot sorted

Adam C
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great so far mate, where did you get the pressed plates from?

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Paul W
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate hope to get it looking a lot nicer but we shall see. Got the plates from europl8 at the Players '09 show at north weald airfield a few weeks back. Here's there website http://www.europl8.net/ Highly recommended, top service from them.

Paul W
Premium Member

11th Oct 09 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shite little update. Smooth petrol cap in primer lol. Waiting for it to get sprayed along with everything else that needs doing.

Paul W
Premium Member

16th Oct 09 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got home from work yesterday to find a wet patch on the floor and my water tank empty. Suspected leaky radiator . Collected a new radiator today and hopefully going to fit it as i was planning on going up to leicester over the weekend to see a mate at uni.

Also, a little package arrived today. A pair of astra side indicators. The passangers side went in a treat, no problems but the drivers side is being a bitch to get in, it doesn't sit right because there's something in the way behind it. Duno how to remedy this tbh, anyone got any ideas?

FAZ
Premium Member

16th Oct 09 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some carbon thing for fumes / petrol tank? read it in haynes corsa modifying manual thing
maberz

16th Oct 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what happened to you last night!?! lol
Paul W
Premium Member

16th Oct 09 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah, bro's just found his max power book thing and i've had a look, gonna see what we can sort out tomorrow for fitment. Good news, new radiator's in and sorted. Bad news, plans to go to leicester have gone out the window cos of it lol.

maberz - as in not at the meet? Leaky radiator i spose, didn't really wanna drive it anywhere till it was sorted and tbh, i didn't know about the meet next time i'll be about i hope. Would be nice to meet some of you local lads

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0991170 seconds