corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Aug 09 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, well, bit of an introduction from me first. Name's Paul (Danny W's brother) and i passed my test in january this year but didn't get a car till a few months after due to being in sixth form. Now onto the motor; a Rio Verde 5 door 1.4 16v GLS, looked pretty clean when i went and looked, just over 70k on the clock with full service history, bought for just under £700. A rather clean little car i thought.

Here's a few pictures a while after i got her and after a good clean (with my bro's car in there to put it to shame lol)

Now i've left sixth form and got a job i've got bit of money to play around with
. Recently bought my bro's -30mm eibachs and SXI alloys. Whacked 'em on and what a difference!

Got a spoiler to go on it soon, prepped, just need to get some paint and spray it. Also colour coded the plastic engine cover but don't have pics on comp yet cos they're still on my bros camera, will get em as soon as. Planning some more stuffs but all depending on as and when i can get things done due to money/time etc. Also if i can actually decide on progress i want haha.

Will hopefully get to meet up with those of you who know my brother sometime and hope you all like my motor and enjoy the progress .

[Edited on 26-08-2009 by Paul W]

[Edited on 10-09-2010 by Paul W]

[Edited on 08-10-2010 by Paul W]

[Edited on 31-05-2011 by Paul W]

[Edited on 17-07-2011 by Paul W]

[Edited on 06-08-2011 by Paul W]

[Edited on 07-12-2011 by Paul W]

[Edited on 30-05-2012 by Paul W]

[Edited on 26-06-2012 by Paul W]

[Edited on 09-08-2012 by Paul W]

[Edited on 03-09-2012 by Paul W]

[Edited on 09-09-2012 by Paul W]

[Edited on 24-01-2013 by Paul W]

[Edited on 30-05-2013 by Paul W]

[Edited on 11-06-2013 by Paul W]

[Edited on 14-08-2013 by Paul W]

[Edited on 17-09-2013 by Paul W]

[Edited on 14-04-2014 by Paul W]

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to the site, to post pics in the thread host them at tinypic.com and use the [IMG] code
scaron5188
Organiser: South West
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welcome dude. I love your bro's car so will keep an eye on your progress cos no doubt he wil some sort of input
FAZ
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5dr meet? i like it,

welcome mate
maberz

27th Aug 09 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good base dude! be interestin to see how it turns out
FAZ
Premium Member

27th Aug 09 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going any lower? or keeping it practical?
am4nf

27th Aug 09 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks clean for a N reg, never been keen on c sxi wheels tho
Paul W
Premium Member

27th Aug 09 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the welcomes and comments lads .

I plan on eventually going lower, either just on springs or hopefully coilies when i have enough funds, don't wanna go too low though due to the absolutely shite roads round here. Bought my bro's -30's just to get it started so it sat nice on the SXI's y'know, nothing worse than riding on stilts lol. I plan to de-badge, do some colour coding and general tidying/cleaning up soon along with sorting the spoiler out.

Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

27th Aug 09 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff Bro, keep it clean an simples i'll upload them photos for ya to mess about with

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
corse-seth

28th Aug 09 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 door corsas ftw (Y)
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Aug 09 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the pics of the painted plastic engine cover. Here's a couple.

Think it cleans the bay up compared to having the original colour plastic

Paul W
Premium Member

30th Aug 09 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been out and de-wipered and de-badged the car to smooth things off a bit. Can't get any decent pics cos my bro's on holiday and he's got his camera so shit phone pics will have to do for now lol.

am4nf

30th Aug 09 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

back looks much better now, you having a spoiler?
Paul W
Premium Member

30th Aug 09 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, well, i have a spoiler ready to be painted and fitted etc. Depends on how it looks when it's painted and trial fitted

FAZ
Premium Member

30th Aug 09 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you should get a completely smooth boot, red rear lights and smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth it

cnt think where the inspiration comes from

how about post 97 bumpers?

o btw u going prem 2?
Paul W
Premium Member

30th Aug 09 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate, all red rears has been the plan from the start it was actually me that suggested it to my bro . I've always been a fan of the smooth clean look (i originally wanted a mk3 golf lol) but a completely smooth boot's not gonna be on the to do list for now, got another idea to kinda clean it up a bit. I was thinking about a post 97 front bumpe to go with the rear, depends if i get a splitter or not and more to the point what splitter lol, we'll see . And i probably will go premium sometime when i can be bothered lol.

Paul W
Premium Member

1st Sep 09 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondering a few things that i'm unsure of, thought i'd better ask. Firstly, are the corsa c smoked side repeaters a straight swap over to the b? I'm assuming they are. Also, was talking to my dad about doing some home made depo's with a twist, was unsure of the legality of the colour, as in is it legal to have other colours other than black?

Hopefully gonna have some aero wipers on the way as mine are crap and i may as well get some lol. Possibly a tigra scuttle as well, kinda unsure though.

danward

1st Sep 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw it parked up outside Rushden fish and chip shop opposite the italian restaurant the other night - looks real nice mate. Will be a winner if it turns out anything like your bros.
danward

1st Sep 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa C smoked ones do go straight on mate. Also you can 'Depo' your lights to any colour with no problems. Tigra scuttles are a great mod, they look better and serve some practicality at higher speeds as well.
stu_c

1st Sep 09 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woo hoo more 5 doors!!!

looks nice but u have competition wiv ur bro but if it runs in the family then this will be nice!!!

love it so far looks ace
FAZ
Premium Member

1st Sep 09 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you keeping yours stu? im sure i saw you had a how much isit worth thread? (confused)
stu_c

1st Sep 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
you keeping yours stu? im sure i saw you had a how much isit worth thread? (confused)
i cant see me gettin rid 2 quickly and plus shes goin into bodyshop after trax. It is up for sale but its 2 fun and theres a nice more door group going on now aswel
Paul W
Premium Member

2nd Sep 09 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, cheers dan, was grabbing a bite to eat . I'll be looking to get some corsa c side repeaters and tigra scuttle then along with some other stuff.

Cheers Stu but i do agree, i've certainly got a challenge to attain to lol. Also, more door's FTW! Yours is rather nice i must say.

Some news, got the spoiler painted today and half a litre of paint to play with (possible colour coding?). Too wet to trial fit the spoiler at the minute though so can't have a lil look see what it'd be like. Will try get some pics up of the spoiler itself though

FAZ
Premium Member

2nd Sep 09 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cc door hanfles and mirros, smoked side repeaters, depos and smoothed boot, but keeping plate recess imo

plus, where do you get said spoilers from?
Paul W
Premium Member

2nd Sep 09 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mirrors are definately getting colour coded, not sure on the handles as they may stay black for now for a future idea.

Here's the spoiler in all it's rio verde glory -

Got it from ebay lol

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0936639 seconds