corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
MarkSport

User status: Offline
29th May 11 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give it a try what I said mate, it could be that. If your car had electric speedo i would have given you my old set.
AlexW

29th May 11 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the dash lights, You are putting them in the right way aren't you?

LED's only work one way around.
MarkSport

29th May 11 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very good point, they are polarity lights. if they dont light, turn them 180 degrees and try again.
Paul W
Premium Member

29th May 11 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All back in and sorted now! Waiting for night to roll in to see what it looks like

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Paul W
Premium Member

29th May 11 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And now i have this little beauty to fit!

Would love to get it fitted before PVS but i don't think i will. I really need to get pally with a body shop or something

Jamie-C

29th May 11 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

, I really want one of them for mine!
Paul W
Premium Member

29th May 11 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been after one for sooooo long. Pretty much since i did that shop last year. Well happy with getting it . Just need to find someone to spray it mates rates before PVS

Jamie-C

29th May 11 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a spare wing here to attempt it my self when I get round too it , Is your dad not a painter or something? Did he no paing your boot? Get him too do it
Paul W
Premium Member

29th May 11 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was tempted to do it myself after a while but i don't have the confidence to attempt it i'd probably fuck it up. Yeah he is but he has to take it into work to do it and i've currently got him doing my trim. Apparently he can only do so many things on the side, and even then it's a bit risky

Paul W
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, got an update. Not a very good one mind. Doesn't look like i'll be making PVS. Some dozy bitch went into the side of me today. Here's pics of the damage. I think it's RIP lil Oscar heartbroken tbh.

Jamie-C

31st May 11 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell Feel sorry for you mate , how did it happen? Timing couldn't have been any worse!

Is that a cream dashboard I see in there though
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely gutted for you Bro, You've put so much hard work, time an ££ into this car and it really paid off. Still at least you & Robyn are ok, cars can be replaced. Will lend a hand with what you want to do car/parts wise

[Edited on 31-05-2011 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Paul W
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know im kinda at a loss for words at the minute tbh. Gutted doesn't even come close. Going through a village near where i live, driving along and as i passed a side road some woman in a ford transit connect thing pulled out straight into the side of me. She said she didn't see me, but there was two cars in front of me which she waited for. Absolute bullshit. Had my missus in the car at the time too so she's all shook up about it.

And yup, that is a cream dash you see. Gotta take it out again now though, for the third time

Yeah i know dan. Tis a complete shitter. And much appreciated bro.

[Edited on 31-05-2011 by Paul W]

Sean

31st May 11 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

such a shame mate! you going through her insurance?? and are you gonna get another corsa?

[Edited on 31-05-2011 by Sean]
0775kieran

31st May 11 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Repair it.
Paul W
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, looking to go through her insurance, got all details and everything and she's admitted responsibility. Just seeing what i can do, it's so complicated tbh, i've had 3 different companies ring me up trying to sort things out. Just gonna leave it in the hands of the solicitors i think. Ideally i'd like to find another clean rio verde 5 door and do a reshell sorta thing, just transfer all the parts over but we'll see. Kinda disheartened though, to put all that work and effort in and then to see it gone in a second. Makes you wonder

Kieran
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit! So gutting matey. I'm lost for words
Jamie-C

31st May 11 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reshell would be nice, I always loved this one, would be sad to see it gone totally. At least your both alright though!

That wing for sale?
Paul W
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, keeping my eyes out on autotrader and stuff. Fingers crossed. True that though, it's a good job it was only the rear quarter, wouldn't even wanna think what would have happened if it was more towards the front it was a hell of a bang.

Cheeky bastard Jamie . Not yet, we'll have to see what the insurance says.

JordanR

31st May 11 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted for you mate!
Jamie-C

31st May 11 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance will probably right that off tbh. I've seen Corsas with next to no damage being written off! Nothing to stop you buying it back and fixing it up though

Is the boot floor or suspension turret bent? If its all external I'd fix it up if it was me.
am4nf

31st May 11 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dibs on the bit I just u2u'd about if your splitting

Really gutted for you mate
Paul W
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, definitely a write off. Dad's had a look at it and he reckons there's no point fixing it cos the door shuts well and truly fucked. Haven't really had a look in the boot at the turret or floor. Doesn't look good anyway. Well, im off to bed cos i'm shattered. Thanks for all the comments and support people, really means a lot.

M Beirne

1st Jun 11 at 06:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear thta mate was looking foward to looking at the car at PVS, hope you get it all sorted soon.
DERV-POWER

1st Jun 11 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just bring it as it is , if still drivable

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.1802051 seconds