corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
AlexW

User status: Offline
21st Nov 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GM pads.
Cambelt snapping is a bugger but tbf i have no sympthy, spend £100 and it could of saved you loads.

I do have a head if you want one though, U2U me if you want.
Paul W
Premium Member

21st Nov 10 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is, when i bought the car, it had apparently had a recent service including cambelt and water pump etc. Had paper work and signed sticker on the cover too. Looking at it, the belt doesn't look like a new one. So obviously the garage that supposedly carried out the work saw the bloke coming and charged him for it without actually doing it. Just sorted a new head out, coming from nickb on here. Cheers for the offer though dude

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
AlexW

21st Nov 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, fair enough, My tigra was the same, except the belt snapped on the previous owner.

I dont know how genned up you are on engines and stuff, but you should think about doing the stem seals while its apart, Dont want to put the head on and then have it smoke!
stu_c

21st Nov 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stuff the 1.4 off paul and xe it!!!
Paul W
Premium Member

21st Nov 10 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, you have no idea how many times dropping a new engine in has crossed my mind . Just don't have the space cos of dan's turbo and money for insurance etc. They'd rape me!

Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

22nd Nov 10 at 01:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha After they've finished royally raping me! Yours is next in line once mine's finished bro

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Paul W
Premium Member

22nd Nov 10 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fingers crossed anyway. Don't tell dad

Paul W
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully having some time off from work this week to crack down and get some work done fixing the car up. Will hopefully be getting a few choice additions on too. Will take some pics of overall progress as it happens if i remember.

AlexW

24th Nov 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Powerbox is one of them i hope. While the engine is apart painting, cleaning and hiding things is a must imo!
Paul W
Premium Member

26th Nov 10 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately a powerbox won't be making an appearance sorry to be a let down. Would void my insurance and i don't want that. Cracked on with some progress today and managed to bosh on the front coilies. Didn't manage to get any progress pics while doing it but got some after pics of the new ride height.

Not set up properly, just boshed on quickly, gonna set them up properly when the cars running again. Just gives an idea of lows for you. Gonna get the rears on tomorrow hopefully. Done a bit of tidying up too, de-restricted airbox, cleaned heatshields/metal bits on show, attempting to clean header tank etc. Just little tidy up efforts. That's about it for now.

Paul W
Premium Member

27th Nov 10 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the rears on today so here's a few pics.

Drum looks a bit of a state but i'll be cleaning and painting that up when i get my front calipers sorted.

Will get some overall pics of ride height and stuff once it's settled .

nick_sri

27th Nov 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W

just read the whole thread, this got to be my fave pic . best 5 door ive seen imo
Paul W
Premium Member

27th Nov 10 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha cheers bud i must admit i do love that pic too. It's come along way but i've still got loads to do

M Sutton

30th Nov 10 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking great with the new ride hight mate!
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Paul

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Paul W
Premium Member

30th Nov 10 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mark, you'll have to have a proper look if you see me about when it's back on the road

Thanks Dan

Paul W
Premium Member

4th Dec 10 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the head arrived from nick b the other day, wrapped perfectly, top fella for sorting it out. Work to try and get it running again is commencing. Just wondering, as AW06 said, what options i have to tidy up and hide wires and things?

Paul W
Premium Member

8th Dec 10 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Head's back on and engine pretty much back together, just got cambelt timing and water pump, oil change etc to do then all should be well. Managed to get my calipers painted and built back up, well happy with the outcome.

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

8th Dec 10 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good job on the calipers Paul

Paul W
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 00:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dan

I've been in hospital for a few days recently with appendicitis and have been resting up at home after having my appendix out so haven't had the chance to get out and work on the car. However, my dad has been out working on it when he can and i'm proud to say - It lives!! . Turned it over the other day and it started first time so all's needed now is to do oil change, fit brakes etc and hopefully i'll be back on the road. I'll get some pics of the brakes fitted if i remember

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 06:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plans sound good,glad you've got it up and running Keep us updated and hope you get better soon

nibnob21
Premium Member

24th Jan 11 at 00:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car's looking awesome Paul. Your's and Danny's are the nicest 5 doors I've seen anyway.

I've just got hold of a 5 door spoiler for mine and I think it's the same one as yours with the 4 mounting brackets. Any tips on how to fit it? As I'm stuggling to come up with ideas of how to properly mark out where to drill into the boot.

Cheers

MX5 Project Thread
NathanR

24th Jan 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love this mate its awesome , jus read the whole thread and really like it ! Shall definatley be keeping an eye on it from now on !
Paul W
Premium Member

29th Jan 11 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey peeps, been ages since an update with this, been busy and distracted with one thing and another just recently.

Cheers nibnob. The way i did it was just screw the brackets into the spoiler where they should go, then just put sikaflex on the brackets where they mount to the boot and ran a small bead along the top mounting surface of the spoiler and positioned/held it on with strong masking tape. Obviously you have to let it settle and dry before you use the car, i left mine overnight, but other than that it's perfectly fine .

Thanks very much Reeves really appreciate comments like that .

I'll be sure to give the car a good wash and tidy up and get some pics in here asap of how its currently sitting

SeanXE

29th Jan 11 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate, tell your brother to update his bloody thread!

<<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.1112239 seconds