corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Jan 11 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
Looking good mate, tell your brother to update his bloody thread!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

30th Jan 11 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
Hey peeps, been ages since an update with this, been busy and distracted with one thing and another just recently.

Cheers nibnob. The way i did it was just screw the brackets into the spoiler where they should go, then just put sikaflex on the brackets where they mount to the boot and ran a small bead along the top mounting surface of the spoiler and positioned/held it on with strong masking tape. Obviously you have to let it settle and dry before you use the car, i left mine overnight, but other than that it's perfectly fine .

Thanks very much Reeves really appreciate comments like that .

I'll be sure to give the car a good wash and tidy up and get some pics in here asap of how its currently sitting

Ahh right so you didn't bother actually screwing the brackets into the bootlid?

MX5 Project Thread
Paul W
Premium Member

30th Jan 11 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, found it was far too much hassle trying to line everything up and drill the holes. Sits perfectly with just sticking it. Also, it's easier to position it spot on because you can move it while the sikaflex is still wet.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
nibnob21
Premium Member

30th Jan 11 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
Nope, found it was far too much hassle trying to line everything up and drill the holes. Sits perfectly with just sticking it. Also, it's easier to position it spot on because you can move it while the sikaflex is still wet.

Awesome, cheers mate. I'll look into getting some sikaflex or tigerseal or something then. I was always a bit worried about having to drill it into place anyway lol.

MX5 Project Thread
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

30th Jan 11 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
Looking good mate, tell your brother to update his bloody thread!

Haha i'll sort an update for you today

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Paul W
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i managed to get out after work and get a few quick snaps before it got dark. Excuse the dirty-ness, drove to kent and back last week and havn't had the chance to wash it. Plus the roads round here are covered in shite anyway .

Here's the pics.

Not much has changed as you can see, apart from the ride height, i've got it so i can just about squeeze the jack under. The front tyres scrub on the inner arch liners with passengers but other than that it's all good. Really please with the spax coiliovers, such a nice ride. 2.0l brakes aren't on yet, havn't really had the chance to, should be going on soon though. Hopefully a few choice additions to bodywork/interior will also be on the way soon. That's about all folks

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Paul! Glad you've updated

shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still looks great even when its dirty Glad to hear its all sorted after the cambelt mishap Paul
aron

1st Feb 11 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going lower has transformed it!

front needs to go a tad lower once you get the oz's back on it
Paul W
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dan, about time i did too ay?

Haha cheers Shaun, it needs a well deserved wash soon though. I was so glad to hear it running again when it was fixed, runs fine now touch wood.

Thanks aron, such a difference isn't it? Really pleased with the outcome. Will definitely be thinking about going lower once the OZ's are on, can clear pretty much all the speedbumps around here with ease at the minute so should have a bit of play to go.

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it is!

What's next for the dirty more door Paul?

Paul W
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i've got a fair few ideas and plans, it's just whether i can pull them off or not. Fresh painted arches and bumper tops are on the cards along with a lil something to make the interior a bit different and a few other tweeks to bodywork if i can find the funds to do it. Keeping it a bit hush hush though for the show season

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good Paul,i'll be at the shows this year,i'll have a proper look!

Paul W
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool man, come over and have a chat if you see me and my bro

DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what your bro looks like but not you

M Sutton

2nd Feb 11 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks much better lower! Car has changed loads in the last year,will be good to see it on the o.z wheels with a good drop.
Chris C

2nd Feb 11 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quality write up mate, just read start to finsh.

Great work
Paul W
Premium Member

2nd Feb 11 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll probably be in or around the car tbh dan i'm sure you'll spot me.

Cheers Mark, definitely agree there, can't wait. Your nova's coming along nicely

Haha cheers Chris, it's been quite a story so far

Paul W
Premium Member

29th Apr 11 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long time no speak again lol. Managed to get my arse in gear and got a few pictures for you lot. Hopefully will have a few more picture worthy updates coming soon as i need to sort some things out for PVS. Anywho, i'll let the pictures do the talking

Jamie-C

29th Apr 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange that you've updated this as I was going to bump this a couple of days ago asking for an update

Looking good as ever mate, looking forward to the updates
Paul W
Premium Member

29th Apr 11 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, i was thinking this thread was due an update, we're on the same wavelength .

Been thinking the front could come down a touch more so it'll have a bit of wedge going on, i'll probably do that when i get my 2 ltr brakes on, which will hopefully be soon. Got a few things on the way which will hopefully finish off the interior a treat, then i'll just have to get the exterior sorted for pvs.

M Beirne

29th Apr 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet 5 dr you have there
fenwick1991

29th Apr 11 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a love those ozs wat type are they out of there range lad and also loving wat ue done u dnt see many nice 5 doors lyk
M Sutton

29th Apr 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks lovely! Saw you earlier today,guessing you were on the way to take the pics looking at the location lol.
shaunmods
Premium Member

29th Apr 11 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The shine on those wheels Looks awesome as always Paul, looking foward to seeing it at pvs!

<<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0225780 seconds