corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Protein

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Protein
Brabus

User status: Offline
10th Feb 09 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
Dizyrebel, you are just overloading him with info to be fair. It's all well and good knowing the stuff, but what you have to remember is not to get entrenched with it, its not like you are dealing with an elite athlete. Stuff like not mixing carbs with fats or whatever, that is totally the wrong level for someone just wanting to get in shape.

I agree but at the end of the day, 'you are what you eat' so they say. If you don't know what your putting in your mouth how can you ever achieve your physical goals. Loosing fat/Gaining muscle is never going to be easy else everone would do it, yet the more you know, the more likely you are to achieve your goals.

[Edited on 10-02-2009 by Brabus]
Carl

10th Feb 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brabus
quote:
Originally posted by Carl
Dizyrebel, you are just overloading him with info to be fair. It's all well and good knowing the stuff, but what you have to remember is not to get entrenched with it, its not like you are dealing with an elite athlete. Stuff like not mixing carbs with fats or whatever, that is totally the wrong level for someone just wanting to get in shape.

the more likely you are to achieve your goals.

[Edited on 10-02-2009 by Brabus]

Not necessarily, I personally hasn't helped me, its dissuaded me from weight training.
Brabus

10th Feb 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats fair enough, each to their own, some people are happy with just knowing the basics and 'giving it a go', trouble is they are usually the people who fail. Its like trying to build a house without any knowledge of what materials/skills are needed, sometime its not enough to say, 'Yeh you can build a house, all you need is Bricks'.
DizzyRebel

10th Feb 09 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
So Whey Isolate for use with breakfast and post workout?

and Miscellar Casein for before bed?

Yup you got it!

And im not overloading him, its the basics you need to know if you want to make a sucessful body transformation.

I live my life with the attitude of if your not going to put 100% into something your never going to succeed at it; you only get out what you put in. I put the hours of dedication into the preparation, tuning and perfecting of my customers racebikes and they brought home the podiums - others who didnt put the preparation and time into their machines didnt win the race.

The human animal is a predator. He doesnt track and kill his prey by kinda-sorta wanting it. Achieving a goal isnt a marathon; its a sprint. You have a short, intense window of opportunity to break bad habits and smash through obstacles.

If your not prepared to put in the rquired effort and time to turn your lifestyle into a healthy one, if your not prepared to give your body the fuel it needs to grow (rather than food you like or at times when it suits you) then your never going to be in the shape you want and your doomed to be a skinny fat bastard for the rest of your life.

[Edited on 10-02-2009 by DizzyRebel]
strick206

10th Feb 09 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks, that's what i wanted to know really, now i know you're far more advanced at all this than me but if you could have a look on a couple of websites for me below and recommend the stuff i want to be using

Also, i've been reading up on WPC & WPI, i know there is less fats and less lactose in WPI, but for someone like me is it really going to make a difference? Or will the fats in the WPC help me?

http://monstersupplements.com/store/frontpage-lang-1.html

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/

Not looking to spend a lot and order from america as such because i'm only a beginner

Cheers
Carl

10th Feb 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
Originally posted by strick206
So Whey Isolate for use with breakfast and post workout?

and Miscellar Casein for before bed?

Yup you got it!

And im not overloading him, its the basics you need to know if you want to make a sucessful body transformation.

I live my life with the attitude of if your not going to put 100% into something your never going to succeed at it; you only get out what you put in. I put the hours of dedication into the preparation, tuning and perfecting of my customers racebikes and they brought home the podiums - others who didnt put the preparation and time into their machines didnt win the race.

The human animal is a predator. He doesnt track and kill his prey by kinda-sorta wanting it. Achieving a goal isnt a marathon; its a sprint. You have a short, intense window of opportunity to break bad habits and smash through obstacles.

If your not prepared to put in the rquired effort and time to turn your lifestyle into a healthy one, if your not prepared to give your body the fuel it needs to grow (rather than food you like or at times when it suits you) then your never going to be in the shape you want and your doomed to be a skinny fat bastard for the rest of your life.

[Edited on 10-02-2009 by DizzyRebel]

I disagree, you only need limited knowledge to lose a bit of fat. The basics are look at what you are eating and crack on with some cardiovascular exercise, not work out your BMR + TEF + physical activity + all the rest added by that guy. The science is all well and good, and I agree with it but you can get lost/bogged down in it. The human body deserves more credit then that, did you see that programme the otherday where they increased their intakes to 4000-5000kcals for 4 weeks, I didn't catch it all but it showed how the peoples body regulated their weight, some even put muscle on from over eating with then resulted in their BMR rising (they weren't allowed to exercise over this 4 week period or whatever it was) was very interesting asis the human body.

this part "Achieving a goal isnt a marathon; its a sprint. You have a short, intense window of opportunity to break bad habits and smash through obstacles." I strongly do not agree, a lot of goals are far from sprints as you put it. In context one of the principles of training is progression for a start, as is rest, 2 things that conflict heavily with the word sprint!
fir3vip3r

10th Feb 09 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carls got it on the head in this one.

its easy to start getting confused.

i see it as though if you want to lose weight you eat healthier and do more exercise...

surely thats what it boils down to, you dont need eat 6 times a day making sure you dont mix all this different types of shit etc.

unless your into it big style surely the basics are fine?
Brabus

11th Feb 09 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fir3 and Carl, i can see what your saying and as i said above, each to their own, everybody has their own different was of tackling obsticles and goals. A basic question about protein was asked and an answer was given, how much of that answer the poster finds useful is up to him.

The way i see it is that simply 'watching what you eat and doing a bit of cardio' you will 'maybe' reach your goals a few years down the lines but whats a day of your life reading up and understanding how to do something properly when it could potentionally save you years of doing the wrong things? Its not a difficult concept to grasp, however if you try to understand the 'ins and outs' and still can't get your head around it, maybe your not cut out to achieve that partuicular goal. For example your goal cant be to be an architect you do not have the mental ability to pass the qualifications needed to get there.
DizzyRebel

11th Feb 09 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on your goals.

If you want to maybe loose some weight, put on a little bit of size and try impress a few girls by telling then you go to the gym then yes, a half arsed approach with no real structure will be sufficient.

However, if you want to transform your aesthetically unpleasing physique into a muscular, well trained machine then understnading, dedication and discipline are the keys to a longer life, a world of envy from other blokes and a que of girls waiting to serve your alpha male needs.

strick206

11th Feb 09 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i'm not looking to get to a bodybuilder competing size, i just want to lose weight but to do it properly

So you think i should go for a PHD Pharma Whey? What are the differences between that and PHD Synergy? And would either be more suited to me?

Cheers
_Allan_

11th Feb 09 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I climbed 500 steps today and can feel the burn, ate a banana on the way up. True story
DizzyRebel

11th Feb 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pharma whey is just whey protein - no additives and low calories per serving.

Synergy has additives like glutamine and other simple carbs that bump up the calories to around 400 per serving.

Pharma whey for building fat free lean mass. Synergy for ultimate bulking.

Id go for pharma whey if your looking at cutting a lot of fat.

best flavours are the choc orange and mint choc btw

strick206

11th Feb 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thanks, a mate of mine has the synergy at the moment, choc cookie flavour so going to try that and if it's ok will get the pharma in that flavour, then will try different flavours after that
DizzyRebel

11th Feb 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just finished a tub of choc cookie, its ok but its got a bit of a bitter aftertaste!

but serious, go for pharma whey to suppliment and sit down for an hour and work out your calorie intake and expenditure. couple it with the workouts i suggested and i guarantee a loss of a stone of bodyfat in 12 weeks

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Protein 23 database queries in 0.0125551 seconds