corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  117    118    119    120    121    122    123  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
NathanR

User status: Offline
21st May 12 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch you got your work cut out then dude . You and dan need to crack on . Mine list is getting smaller every weekend .

Those doors are taking ages aren't they ?
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

21st May 12 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude i know!!!

Doing me heading recently,fell out with it tbh. Been hitting gym hard so that's kind of my new hobby. I've still got bloody MOT

Not sure how it'll pass as it's got no cat. :/

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
shaunmods
Premium Member

21st May 12 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
Those doors are taking ages aren't they ?

Yeah they are bit! I completely forgot about them until yesterday To be fair I hadnt booked them in when I took them down so cant expect them to be done straight away. He assured me they'd be done for PVS though
NathanR

21st May 12 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's alright then .
shaunmods
Premium Member

21st May 12 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crap Dan thats another thing I need to sort out as well! Mines runs out the day after pvs though so its not the end of the world if I cant get it sorted before then. Argh its never ending lol!
NathanR

21st May 12 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know you do a brilliant job of maintaining this as a 1.6 and done a great job of converting it . And I bet it is quite a pocket rocket . But do you have any plans for big power one day ?
shaunmods
Premium Member

21st May 12 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I know you do a brilliant job of maintaining this as a 1.6 and done a great job of converting it . And I bet it is quite a pocket rocket . But do you have any plans for big power one day ?

I have thought about it mate yeah I think im just going to stick with the 1.6 though. Mainly because I want to stop spending on it now and just enjoy it as it is. Still planning on putting my cams and management on it over the winter which should liven it up!

As long as I can give dans redtop a run for its money thats quick enough for me

[Edited on 21-05-2012 by shaunmods]
NathanR

21st May 12 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome . I'm sure dan might get grumpy if the wee 1.6 dicked his redtop .

What sort of power ganes will you notice with the cams and management ? Be like a completely different car I guess ?
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

22nd May 12 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it Shaun,deffo have to take 'em up strip.

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

22nd May 12 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perfect weather to sort these driveway princesses out today

Wish I had a list of things to have done before PVS! Not got the money to get the bits I want done

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

22nd May 12 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody gorgeous today int it Daz? Might crack on with Lukea speedlines and put his front coilovers on.

Darryl H
Premium Member

22nd May 12 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely lovely mate, just about to go out with a mate to go for a drive.

Get on with it mate. Make the most of the weather!

Sean-B

22nd May 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
quote:

I have thought about it mate yeah I think im just going to stick with the 1.6 though. Mainly because I want to stop spending on it now and just enjoy it as it is. Still planning on putting my cams and management on it over the winter which should liven it up!

As long as I can give dans redtop a run for its money thats quick enough for me

[Edited on 21-05-2012 by shaunmods]

You won't get near it unless they are magic cams. The difference when going XE is awesome!!
SXI - Matt

22nd May 12 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends if his xe is standard, if sean's running some half decent cams and management id imagine he wouldn't struggle keeping up that bad
connollygt30

22nd May 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be nippy but the torque of the XE would win everytime...

Looking good mate as always!
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd May 12 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Perfect weather to sort these driveway princesses out today

It was awesome! Spent the afternoon/night in the beer garden though instead

and I was only joking about beating Dan
corsa-torque

23rd May 12 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hows it coming along mate? did those bits help?
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd May 12 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-torque
hows it coming along mate? did those bits help?

Got my inlet back today so I've just got to build it all back up now mate I've tried the new ICV on the car and its working as it should so fingers crossed this sorts it! I'll update tomorrow
Mark.W

24th May 12 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Darryl H
Premium Member

24th May 12 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

productive day then Shaun

shaunmods
Premium Member

24th May 12 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update as promised

So in the end I decided to completely strip down my inlet and start again from scratch -

First up was a new throttle body and GM idle control valve from corsa-torque cheers again mate!

Then I ordered the new gaskets needed to fit it all back together.

I've had to make the new gasket that joins the throttle body to the powebox before you can't buy them. Did a pretty good job though I reckon

I gave the new throttle body a fresh coat of paint too to tidy it up a bit

Then it was just a case of waiting to get my inlet back from the powdercoaters. Got it back yesterday so set about building it all back up

and then this morning I got it fitted

Annoying it hasnt 100% solved the problem. But on the plus side the car now drives The stalling problem has gone but now the revs are hunting when warm and its ticking over too high. So more investigation needed there but at least I can get off it off the drive now without it cutting out

Also while the car was off the road I decided to fit some rubber trim that I bought ages ago to go onto the false floor. To get the carpet to go around the MDF I had to make little slits in it which didnt look great. Looks much better now though

Just about to renew my insurance too. Some of you might remember I was side swiped on a island in my sister clio. Because the claim is still outstanding due to the bloke refusing to admit liability ive lost 3 years NCB My renewal was £1,380 with a £500 excess but after a bit of haggling I've managed to get it down to £1,260 with a £250 excess which isnt too bad considering

Off to give the corsa a much needed wash now

[Edited on 24-05-2012 by shaunmods]
Mark.W

24th May 12 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice to see it back together Shaun

Have you any ideas whats causing the high revs?
vx-scottw
Premium Member

24th May 12 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice to see it back together agen mate could do with a that rubber to finish mine looks very clean
shaunmods
Premium Member

24th May 12 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers chaps!

Mark the only thing I think it could be is a small airleak somewhere. Just waiting for my dad to come home so I can take him out in it and see what he thinks
M Sutton

24th May 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad that its getting there mate, still looks good as ever and will you be at PVS?

<<  117    118    119    120    121    122    123  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 1.0265470 seconds