corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  118    119    120    121    122    123    124  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th May 12 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad she's nearly done mate! She better be at PVS
NathanR

24th May 12 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As your gonna give it a good clean we need cleaned photos this evening
shaunmods
Premium Member

24th May 12 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads Dont worry it will 100% be at PVS!

Heres a few pics for you Nath Didnt do anything special in the end mate, literally just washed and dried it....was too hot outside

NathanR

24th May 12 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually looks better everytime ! Forgot to say nice one on semi fixing it .

What suspension you running on the front ? That opel badge on the GSi bumper is a nice touch !
shaunmods
Premium Member

24th May 12 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate Jamex -60mm kit on the front
Paul W
Premium Member

24th May 12 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it's simple but might be worth resetting the ecu? Might cure the revs hunting. Nice to see it's sorted though Shaun

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Metta

24th May 12 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just fell in love with this haha!
shaunmods
Premium Member

24th May 12 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys! Me and my dad just stripped down inlet again and gave the gaskets a light smearing with some sealant. It seems to have curred the over revving but its still hunting. Also I spoke to soon about it not cutting out. Just went to get some petrol and stalled it twice The second time was right in front of the boy racerz and maccies too which was a bit embarassing lol.

Thats a good shout though Paul I leave the battery off over night and see what its like tomorrow. The only other thing I can think of now is maybe the MAP sensor?

Oh and another problem I'm having is on warm start-up it struggles to keep the revs up for a few seconds as well

[Edited on 24-05-2012 by shaunmods]
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

24th May 12 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car is looking sexy as Shaun!!!!! Just stunning
Cannot wait to see her at Pvs this year hopefully it's not raining last last year....so I can have a better viewing
BeetleGav

24th May 12 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it'l rain.....
shaunmods
Premium Member

24th May 12 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it rains again im gonna have a face like a slapped arse all day Wont be impressed lol
BeetleGav

24th May 12 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take a gazebo for over your car. sorted
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

25th May 12 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad it's back together Shaun! Hopefully it's something small that's causing the problem

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Jed D

25th May 12 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stunning as ever Shaun, looking forward to seeing this in the metal

want a deeks at your engine bay up close aswell
shaunmods
Premium Member

25th May 12 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Daz and Jed

Last night I had a look into the symptoms of a faulty map sensor and they matched the problems I've been having. So I bought new one off ebay to see if that makes any difference. I also left the battery off over night to reset the ecu but its still the same.

Just been and booked its MOT for tuesday So just need to do my checks over the weekend to makes sure its ready. Also just renewed my insurance with Brentacre. Cant wait for PVS now!
Jon_C
Premium Member

25th May 12 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boooooooooo Ebay parts. Thought you said never again
shaunmods
Premium Member

25th May 12 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
Boooooooooo Ebay parts. Thought you said never again

lol dont worry Jon, its a second hand GM part ive gone for Hopefully it turns up asap because its pretty much undrivable again now argh. Stalled it four times coming back from work which is less than a mile away Worried someones going to go into the back of me because half the time its not until I go to pull away that I notice its cut out
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

25th May 12 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good progress Shaun,the bit on the carpet is a really good touch. Mine does me bloody heading,looks so untidy without anything on it. :/

Engine bay looking good all back together and glad you've got it sorted kind off. lol.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th May 12 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dan!

Right so my new map sensor turned up this morning so I set about fitting that straight away. When I took it off I noticed that the vac pipe going to it had rubbed slightly so I went to megaspares and bought new length of pipe to replace it. Got it all fitted and it was still cutting out. So then I decided to change the sensor in the gearbox which was a massive pain in the balls to do but I got there in the end. Took it for a drive it cut out as soon as I got to the end of my road On the plus side my speedo now works though which is a bonus Not had a working one since I converted it!

Since then I've checked all fuses, checked the lower manifold bolts and everything seems fine. The only other thing I can think to change now is the clocks. I've read conflicting info about where the Vehicle speed sensor is though, some say its the bit that goes into the gearbox, others are saying its actually in the clock unit Can anyone shed any light?

Need to say a big thanks to Pagey whos been on the phone to me most of the morning helping cheers bud!

Rapidly losing motivation with it now though because its getting beyond a joke

The symptoms are

- Hunting/Surging revs on warm idle
- Struggles to holds its revs on warm start up for a few seconds
- Cuts out when stopping at junctions etc.

if anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it

[Edited on 26-05-2012 by shaunmods]
marklawton

26th May 12 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont give up shaun, i wish i hadnt with my old grey one
have you checked the wiring loom for any cut wires etc?
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th May 12 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not giving up mark....yet lol. I've checked all the obvious wiring and can't see any damage.

Tonight I tried another set of clocks in it and thats not made any difference either. I am stumped now!

I've done a video to show the idle problem. This is a warm start up -

So far I've changed

ICV
TPS
CTS
MAP sensor
Throttle body
Throttle body gasket
Upper inlet gasket
Vac pipes
Speedo Sensor
Clocks

Anyone got any ideas please? Getting really desperate now as im running out of time

[Edited on 26-05-2012 by shaunmods]
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

26th May 12 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really not sure what else you should change

Although I do have a better fix... LET?

[Edited on 26-05-2012 by Darryl H]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
andy_mk3

26th May 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it might be worth trying another ECU/loom? Just to rule it out?
corsa.kid

26th May 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u tryed lower inlet gasket or checking if the inlet is cracked
Jamie-C

26th May 12 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Air leak

<<  118    119    120    121    122    123    124  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.2210898 seconds