corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  115    116    117    118    119    120    121  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
NathanR

User status: Offline
3rd May 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the gf's was only cheep and it seems to have worked . Worth ago dude .
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck Shaun mate,bloody corsa's eh?

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Jamie-C

3rd May 12 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shaunmods
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just replaced the CTS and its still doing it Starting to lose patience with this now! Today I noticed the revs are hunting quite a bit though which it wasnt doing yesterday.

When I start the car up from cold now it doesnt idle as high as what it used to. I cant say exactly how much difference because i dont have rev counter but I can tell by the engine tone. The revs seem to slowly get lower until the "choke" thing kicks in then the revs drop too low to idle and it cuts out.

Could a vacuum leak maybe cause this?

[Edited on 04-05-2012 by shaunmods]
Dan295

4th May 12 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take one of the plugs out and have a look at it, colour etc. might give you a clue if its running rich or lean, then check the resistance of some of the sensors, crank sensor sometimes gets covered in gunk so maybe pull it out and have a look as its the most common sensor to go
JaffaTB

4th May 12 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell me about it mate mines been the same ever since I had my head off, anything I do to fix it results in it being fine for a few days then back to how it was, very annoying
shaunmods
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not very good at reading plugs Dan so I've taken a photo for you to see

Dan295

4th May 12 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks about right to be honest, you got any diagnostic software you can plug in?
Dan295

4th May 12 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you did have the cams dialled in right?
shaunmods
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I removed the newman cams for the minute and put my standard ones back in for the time being as funds were a bit tight at the time.

I haven't got any diagnositic equipment but I did flash the fault codes which are on the previous page
Dan295

4th May 12 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its only just started doing it after putting the cams back in I would double check the timing.
shaunmods
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It ran perfect after swapping the cams over mate. It was only after a week or so it started revving up for about 5 seconds on warm start up and cutting out every now and then when pulling up at lights. So I cleaned the ICV up just before the MK meet and it ran great again until I got to MK when it started revving uncontrollably. So i ordered a new ICV which changed the symptoms to constant stalling when slowing down. It since got worse and wont idle at all now when warm
vaux.dan

4th May 12 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun my x16 used to do this. Revs hunted on start up and cut out at junctions. I tried a new map sensor and it ran better but never cured the cutting out. Don't think the 3 owners after me did either but try the map sensor it made a big difference for me
shaunmods
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think ive found the problem! I decided to take my inlet back off again as I wanted to double check the ICV. I took it out of the throttle body and noticed the valve was sticking out way too far!

Here it is compared to my old one -

I tried to push it back in but it was completely stuck! So I decided to plug it into the car and see what happened when the ingition was turned on and off. It just kept moving out further and further -

I went to take it off the car and the valve just fell out

Knackered springs to mind lol. Just need to order a new decent one now rather than ebay shite
Mark.W

4th May 12 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope a better quality one sorts it for you Shaun.
Kieran
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope that's the problem mate
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope that's all it is! Makes sense seeing as the symptoms changed when that did

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
shaunmods
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fingers crossed! It couldnt have been doing it any favours anyway as it wasnt moving in and out properly. Cheers for giving me the idea of checking the ICV Daz
Darryl H
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No probs want to tell me why mine isn't sparking now?

Space Cadet

4th May 12 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still love this car, even nicer now it's got a clean looking x16 in it!!

Hope you get the running issues sorted soon though
JaffaTB

5th May 12 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i plugged mine in and turned the key it moved out about a centimetre and stopped, and when i turned the key back to off it went back to its original position
shaunmods
Premium Member

5th May 12 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
when i plugged mine in and turned the key it moved out about a centimetre and stopped, and when i turned the key back to off it went back to its original position

This one just keeps moving out further and further until it falls off I've emailed the company that I bought it from and they have agreed to refund me so thats a bonus Not sure where to buy a replacement one from now though

Cheers space Space Cadet!
Darryl H
Premium Member

5th May 12 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do autovaux not sell them?

shaunmods
Premium Member

5th May 12 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Do autovaux not sell them?

Id imangine so Daz Gutted its a bank holiday, going to have to wait until tuesday to call them
Darryl H
Premium Member

5th May 12 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah bummer yeah forgot about that! Hope it sorts it mate

<<  115    116    117    118    119    120    121  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.2270880 seconds