corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  114    115    116    117    118    119    120  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st May 12 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's good in mine because the way to stop it cutting out is to go down the gears like you said and mine pops and bangs everytime i lift clutch back up. Love it!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st May 12 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dan! Rads a bit posh aint it lol

Tell me about it Jaffa its doing my fruit in now. I've not drove it properly since MK. I cant even get out my estate without it playing up
JaffaTB

1st May 12 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine either stays revved up around 1.5k to 2k, or the revs will drop to zero as soon as i put the clutch in, tried 3 different icv's including a brand new one, and 2 different tps, including a new one, no difference
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

1st May 12 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good Shaun! Hopefully the TPS sorts it! Also let me know what you do with your doors after the new ones have been sprayed

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st May 12 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Daz! and I will do mate
1999corsa b

1st May 12 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I almost bought that rad i will have one sometime, got a good plan in my head now
NathanR

1st May 12 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohhh the new rad looks . Gutted to hear about all these problems shaun , you seem to be having more than your fair share of issues since getting her back on the road . I'm sure you'll sort it soon enough tho mate . Also the new doors are gonna look great
GregGsi
Premium Member

1st May 12 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice rad lol

BHP vaux
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st May 12 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers chaps!

Nath tell me about it mate, Its not been very reliable so far lol. Just teething problems though and im sure ill have it sorted soon

Glad you like my swish new rad Greg
Christopher

2nd May 12 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just picled up a delocked handle and another handle to pain mine
Shame about the teething problems! Im sure youll have it sorted soon mate

[Edited on 02-05-2012 by Christopher]
Generation

2nd May 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one of those rads, be careful as they are known for leaking even when new!

Mine has a tiny leak (not enough to worry about) but I need to keep An eye on it
shaunmods
Premium Member

2nd May 12 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Chris

Cheers for letting me know about the rad Generation, fingers crossed mines all ok
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my new TPS fitted tonight and its still the same...bugger! As soon as it starts getting warm it just wont idle. Even when its sitting on the drive it wont idle and wont start up either when warm. Its so wierd how the symptoms have completely to changed to what the original problem was though

Any thoughts on where to go from here guys? Ideas would be appreciated
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried the old ICV back on Shaun?

Coolant temp sensor is another one to try but you'll just end up spending time buying sensors.

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Graeme
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you cleared any faults on the ecu?

What's that coming up with?
1999corsa b

3rd May 12 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Coolant temp sensor

Try it i had same symptoms with my car, what you done with egr valve? blank plate no leaking or anything

[Edited on 03-05-2012 by 1999corsa b]
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been out and flashed the codes Graeme

0412 - Secondary soleniod Valve
1410 - Secondary Air pump

Both have been blanked off and have always flashed up so thats all ok

0352 - Inginition coil 2 & 3
0200 - Unlisted code

I dont know how old those two codes are though. I did leave the battery off the car for two days last weekend, would that have reset it?

Daz I havent tried the old one back in bud no. I think I will though as thats when the symptoms changed

Ash the EGR's blanked off yeah but still plugged in. I've not touched it since I first put the engine in the car though

[Edited on 03-05-2012 by shaunmods]
NathanR

3rd May 12 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun my girlfreind had the exact same problem . It would start up from cold no problem , but when it got up to temprature and you turned it off it wouldn't start again , it also would idle properly and would just cut out when it wanted to . She done a bit of research on some forums and turned out to be the coolant tempreture sensor .

Bit of a long shot and hers was only cheep but worth a go at changing that and see if it makes any difference
1999corsa b

3rd May 12 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check contacts were plug goes onto coil give them a clean and some wd40, amount of connections on mine that were corroded was un true, still though it wouldnt make it cut out when warm it would be there all time
Try unplugging coolant sensor when it starts with symptoms, mine wont run in limp mode with it off but yours might.
1999corsa b

3rd May 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
Shaun my girlfreind had the exact same problem . It would start up from cold no problem , but when it got up to temprature and you turned it off it wouldn't start again , it also would idle properly and would just cut out when it wanted to . She done a bit of research on some forums and turned out to be the coolant tempreture sensor .

Bit of a long shot and hers was only cheep but worth a go at changing that and see if it makes any difference

Get it from vauxhall cause motor spares get intermotor and its dog wank
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should have a spare CTS somewhere The one on it at the minute is only a couple of months old but it could well be a dud (ebay jobbie). Just got to find my spare ones now lol

Cheers lads!

Jamie-C

3rd May 12 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like coolant temperature sensor to me Shaun, there only a few quid from Vaux. Worth a shot.
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found my spare GM CTS in my box of bits ill get it fitted tomorrow and report back!
1999corsa b

3rd May 12 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
I should have a spare CTS somewhere The one on it at the minute is only a couple of months old but it could well be a dud (ebay jobbie). Just got to find my spare ones now lol

Cheers lads!

if its ebay more than likely be intermotor or some other crap make like fuel parts, there not worth 5p they cause that much hassle
1999corsa b

3rd May 12 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Found my spare GM CTS in my box of bits ill get it fitted tomorrow and report back!

Hope it sorts it pal

<<  114    115    116    117    118    119    120  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.2265420 seconds