corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  113    114    115    116    117    118    119  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Apr 12 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Lovely Shaun! Shame about the doors! After some for mine and the ones I seem to find that are local are tatty things!

Looking forward to seeing it again Sunday!

Cheers Daz! I know what you mean, I spent ages looking! other than those two little niggles these are perfect. Much better base's to work with than my current ones anyway and im sure the bodyshop will be able to put them right without any trouble

Cheers Donner, the doors were £25 each bud

[Edited on 18-04-2012 by shaunmods]

Yeah they'll be able to sort those bits £25 each is a good price!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
NathanR

18th Apr 12 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one shaun ! That problem is the exact problem my girlfreind had on her golf , however hers doesn't start when its warm either . It will turn over but just won't fire :/ strange . Let me know when its sorted what the problem was .

That's still a long list of jobs that need doing before PVS . Better get cracking .
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
Nice one shaun ! That problem is the exact problem my girlfreind had on her golf , however hers doesn't start when its warm either . It will turn over but just won't fire :/ strange . Let me know when its sorted what the problem was .

That's still a long list of jobs that need doing before PVS . Better get cracking .

Cheers dude! Well I had a good nose under the bonnet earlier. The only thing I could find was that one of the inlet bolts was very slightly loser than the others. Tightened it right up and took it out for a good thrash and it didnt play up once Just going to have to see how it goes and keep an eye on it.

Yeah plenty to keep me busy Pay day needs to hurry up so I can get spending lol

NathanR

18th Apr 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
quote:

Cheers dude! Well I had a good nose under the bonnet earlier. The only thing I could find was that one of the inlet bolts was very slightly loser than the others. Tightened it right up and took it out for a good thrash and it didnt play up once Just going to have to see how it goes and keep an eye on it.

Yeah plenty to keep me busy Pay day needs to hurry up so I can get spending lol

Ill get dad to have a look at that later see if we have the same problem , keep me posted on that one mate .
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Shaun!! Glad shes all sorted and driving and about plains also sound good! Them Doors will fix
dan-sport

18th Apr 12 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was my pleasure mate, if you need anything else let me know and ill get an estate from work or even the van oh an im deff coming to the mk meet so we will have to sort a meeting point out
tom130691
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do you need new door flicked back few pages couldnt see anything while skim reading ?
LukesCorsaSXi

18th Apr 12 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good Shaun! When I saw "New doors" I had an image in my head of your Corsa with some Lambo style doors on lol. Whats with the new doors anyway? As Tom said, can't find in your thread where you said they would need replacing? :O
andys sxi
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he hasnt been happy with the doors for ages, i remember ages ago there was a random mark of the drivers door dont know if he ever had that resprayed?

April 08 feature car
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whoops sorry guys for some reason I thought id already said why I was changing them Basically the doors I've got at the minute had gone rusty this time last year, I repaired them myself before PVS and was chuffed with the results. But a year on the rust is just starting to creep back through on the outside So to get it looking its best for this years PVS I decided to get another set and get them sorted by a bodyshop. Just ordered a brand new de locked P/S door handle so I can get new set professionally sprayed at the same time

Dan i'll work out some times and text you a plan

Andy its had new doors since then bud due to it getting broken into when I first got it. This will be its 3rd set now

NathanR

18th Apr 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You better do some pic whoring of this on sunday , need a new wallpaper on my phone
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You better do some pic whoring of this on sunday , need a new wallpaper on my phone

I'll be taking my DSLR so ill get some David Bailey style pics of everyones lol
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hahaha!!!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
NathanR

18th Apr 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahahaha . Gonna be a good meet for you all , pretty pissed that its so damn far away tho
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep and I can't make it in my own car or my bro's. :/

vx-scottw
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh im takin ya :Lol: nice one shaun with the doors
NathanR

18th Apr 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan im sure someone will be able pick up the part for you then fit it after work ? Also whats the weather looking like for you guys on sunday ?
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan give autovaux a ring tomorrow and you'll have one for friday Theres still time to sort it mate

Nath I think its gonna be a boatsport.co.uk meet Forecasts aint the best lol
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo going to order one tomoz mate. We'll see if it turns up in time.

NathanR

18th Apr 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh god thats gash , be some good beading shots tho
vx-scottw
Premium Member

18th Apr 12 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was hope to get mine clay bar be for it but dosent look like im gona anyways off topic dont want to clog up shauns thread
Christopher

19th Apr 12 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One day .... i will own a car as clean as that!
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st May 12 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Chris

Well thought I'd update on whats been going on recently. I mentioned a few posts back about an idle problem I was having. I decided to remove all the inlet and clean out the ICV before the MK meet to see if that made any difference. It did and was running perfect again....until the day of the meet when it started playing up just as I joined the northampton convoy Only this time is was 10X worse! The revving problem got so bad I had to stop twice because I couldnt control the car properly. Massive thanks to all the cs lads waiting for me and to everyone that helped me try to sort the car out Really appreciate it!

I managed to get the car home ok in the end luckily, once I was on the motorway it wasnt too bad, just felt like having cruise control as it just kept going even if I took my foot off the pedal

Managed to get a couple of photos of it while I was there

Took a cheeky shot of the bodywrap beading when i got home too Love this stuff!

I ordered a new ICV straight away and got it fitted on friday

But now I've different symptoms The revving problem seems to have gone, but now the car is cutting out constantly when coming to a stop. I noticed it gets worse as the engine gets warmer too. A few people on here have suggested it could be the TPS so I ordered a new one of those last night to see that fixes it

Inbetween all this I also spent a bit of time stripping down my new doors ready for the bodyshop

Got a new set of door handles to be sprayed up at the same time too

I took them down to the bodyshop on saturday and they should be back in a few weeks time. The chap did have a concern about the colour matching though as they were being painted off the car, so I decided to pay extra for more paint incase I need to have the full sides done so I can get a perfect colour match I'll see how they look on the car first though.

Finally I bought a new radiator as mines got a few dents in it from working on it over the years. I decided to go for a TX Autosport one, luckily I spotted Greggsi was selling a brand new one for a good price so I snapped it up!

[Edited on 01-05-2012 by shaunmods]
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

1st May 12 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one mate,just hope the tps will sort the problem out. Fingers crossed for you.

That radiators fancy. At least top of it will be in better condition.

JaffaTB

1st May 12 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i spoke too soon about curing my problem, a day or so after i said it was cured it came back! what an annoying problem!

<<  113    114    115    116    117    118    119  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.2208240 seconds