corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2007/2008 Thread

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sunday League 2007/2008 Thread
messham11

User status: Offline
15th Oct 07 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No game Sunday so a few of us went and watched our Reserves in action. They won 5-1 and everyone was saying how we'd love to play at that level again as the other team were piss poor, they couldnt even kick the ball at times

Big game Sunday, got top of the table side so will be our toughest test of the season by far! Bring it on
nik

19th Oct 07 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cup match tomorrow away from home. The side are high on confidence after 4 wins in the last 5, including 3 on the road has seen us maintain 2nd spot in the league. Hoping to net again tomorrow after scoring and playing well in my last outing. Fantastic pitch tomorrow, probably the best in Sussex (including Brighton) see below..

Come on you Wickers!

[Edited on 19-10-2007 by nik]
nik

20th Oct 07 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poor game today, lost 2-1. We were awful in the first half and went in 1-0 down. The 2nd half was slightly better when Aaron Grey netted a penalty, but they hit back with the winner 10 mins from time. Pretty poor, worst we've played all season but back to league action next when we play away at Littlehampton Town on friday night - cracking top of the table local derby clash!

[Edited on 20-10-2007 by nik]
barry_kellett99

21st Oct 07 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broke our losing streak with a hard fought 3-2 win.

Gifted them 2 goals to start with but always knew we could win it if we worked hard enough
messham11

23rd Oct 07 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beat top of the league 2-1! Had 1 or 2 missing but the people that came in did really well. 4pts off top of the Prem with 2 games in hand

Our reserves won 8-0 aswell so a good weekend all round!
nik

27th Oct 07 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2nd loss in a week. 4-1 away at Littlehampton Town last night in the Arun derby. Big crowd there, we were leading 1-0 at half time through a wonder free kick from Frankie Vilk. However the Marigolds hit back with 4 goals in the 2nd half over taking us to 3rd spot and seeing us slip to 5th.
gianluigi

29th Oct 07 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saturday - Sproughton Sports Res 2 - 2 Tacket St BBOB Res

scrappy match on a muddy pitch, we were behind twice, and made it 2-2 from a dubious penalty award. not a great game. we had plenty of chances to win however, which is why its disappointing, but we're still top of the league.

sunday - Brewers Arms 4 - 4 Claydon 07 (AET) - Claydon win 4-1 on penalties

we were 3-0 down after 10 mins and thats how it stayed til half time (Keiron Dyers cousin - i think - scored 2 good'uns). we had enough chances to level but didnt take them.

2nd half was more of a scrappy battle in the rain. and i set up the goal that got us back in it. but we left it late, with 12 mins to go we got another 2 - was pure pressure on their goal.

Extra time was fantastic...so open, and both teams going for the win. we hit the bar and had shots cleard off the line. they had plenty of chances, one of them missing a free header from 2 yards however they went ahead from a free kick, then in 2nd half of extra time, we equalised, good goal too, lobbing the keeper from outside the box

penalties came, we scored all of ours ( i took the 2nd after they missed their 1st which gave us the advantage) and they could only score one....which ended a great cup tie
messham11

29th Oct 07 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drew 2-2 yesterday, took an early lead through a freekick then found ourselves 2-1 down with 20mins to go.
They missed a pen at 1-1 before we equalised with the last kick of the game... well they equalised for us, toed it up in the air and under the bar
nik

3rd Nov 07 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Away at Hassocks today, hopefully get back to winning ways after defeat last week!
nik

4th Nov 07 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, lost 4-0 4-0 inside first 30 mins, after that the game was pretty even. Very harsh scoreline although Hassocks were the best side we've played this season.
gianluigi

5th Nov 07 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we also lost 4-0 (sunday) and that was also a harsh result on us

we played team in 3rd who havent lost. and we let in a stupid goal early on then conceded a crap penalty which the keeper let through his legs was even up to last 5 when they scored 2 more.

saturday - we won 4-1, good game, and we're doing well

TOP OF THE LEAGUE
messham11

5th Nov 07 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We lost 2-1 in the Berks & Bucks 0-0 at halftime, we then played for about 15mins went 1up and pissed all over them. Then took our foot off the gas and they scored from 2 setpieces. Worst performance of the season by far!!
barry_kellett99

8th Nov 07 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been out for 2 weeks with a bad groin strain. Might be able to play this weekend but I am not really wanting to rush it back too early. I'm away the weekend after so another two weeks rest on it would probably be better than risk it this weekend and have only one more week to recover from that
gianluigi

12th Nov 07 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saturday-
Needham Marker Vets 1 - 4 Tacket St BBOB Res

Excellent game to play in, all in good nature, very friendly match indeed. Wasnt as easy as the last time we played them, think they expected us to out pace them, so they made allowences in their defense, which almost worked. but they let their guard down when we went 2-0 up. they got one back, then our top scorer completed his hat-trick makeing it 4-1

Sunday -
Claydon 07 6 - 0 Holbrook

about time we won, but IAF i thought it was a crap game, because i started on the bench (OMGWTFTBH ) manager said to me i've been playing well blah blah blah but its all b0llocks because if i've been playing we'll i'd have started. Oh well, we went 3-0 up at half time, our right winger getting all 3. i came on with 30 mins to go, and when i 1st got the ball i made it 4-0 did the patronising hand behind ears then we went 5-0 then my corner set up the 6-0 rout

Wonder if i'll start next week.

edit: Goal count: 6

[Edited on 12-11-2007 by gianluigi]
messham11

12th Nov 07 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won 5-2 yesterday. Opened the scoring from a corner, goal number 3 of the season so far

Reserves won 4-1 also
nik

16th Nov 07 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No game tomorrow, playing Worthing United away on Tuesday night. We really need to get back to winning ways after losing the last 4 (albeit only 1 league match) we're still well placed for a promotion chase, and a victory should take us 3rd I think.
AndyW

17th Nov 07 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not been on here in ages so will give you a little update on my season so far.

we have played 10 games in the league now and won 9 lost one, and that was due to theother team playing ringers, , other than that we have a cup game tomoro and if we win that are in the semis of a cup, we got knocked out of the league cup as our first opponents were 3 divisions above us and we lost 3 - 0, may have been different if we had had a full squad but only had 11 players turn up and 4 of em werent normal first 11...

so all in all we are playing crap but gettin wins... and having a good season so far!

messham11

18th Nov 07 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We won 7-2 this morning, fantastic team display. We drew with them a few weeks ago and didnt beat them last year so makes it all the better
nik

20th Nov 07 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking weather tonight's game against Worthing has been called off.
gianluigi

21st Nov 07 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saturday:

tacket street bbob res 4 - 2 sporting 87 res

i scored 1 - we're still top of the league w00t.

sunday:

westbourne warriors 2-3 claydon 07

we were 2-1 and played crap.
nik

25th Nov 07 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Broadbridge Heath 1 - 4 Wick - Quality result for us, first defeat at home for them. Sitting 6th in the league but with 2 games in hand, hopefully we can win those and return to 2nd spot where we were earlier in the season. Pleased with my performance in central midfield.
gianluigi

26th Nov 07 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no game saturday. so watched the first team lose 6-1.

sunday we had a cup match

Claydon07 5-1 Trinity

Quality game against crap opponants. by our own admission we didnt have many celar cut chances, we should have created a lot more. but we were solid in defense, even when we went down to 10 men. scored an early goal. and went in at HT 2-0 up. the second half we sat back and didnt really get the ball out of our half. but we stepped up towards the end, and a new player completed his hatrick before i rounded it off to 5-1.

goal count this season: 8
nik

14th Dec 07 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bigun tomo Wick V Littlehampton town - Chance to get back in the promotion hunt and revenge for our 4-1 defeat at their place a month or two back.
nik

16th Dec 07 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lost 1-0 load of shit. I've decided now is the time to leave Wick after being at the club for about 14 months. I'm pretty sad as I have made some good friends there. I'm joining their local rivals East Preston and hope to make my debut on Saturday against Eastbourne Borough if my transfer goes through in time! Looking forward to a new challenge now
gianluigi

20th Dec 07 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

knocked off top spot on saturday, lost 4-1 to our rivals.

sunday - through to the 1/4 finals of the cup. but i played 10 mins at the end, that didnt please me whatsoever.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2007/2008 Thread 23 database queries in 0.2416110 seconds