corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2007/2008 Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sunday League 2007/2008 Thread
hack3tt

User status: Offline
24th Jul 07 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started Back Training Last week Finally!!

Trained Thursday and Sunday!!
Killed me!! My fitness is so much lower than i thought!!
Playing my first game at 5 a side tonight!! Got 2 games one after the other!!

Hopefully between that and training 11 a side (ish) twice a week, the fitness will be back soon enough!!

Hopefully get some friendlies soon too!!

Its amazing how many people turn up for training in the summer then when it comes to a freezing december sunday morning they have all disappeared (sp)

[Edited on 24-07-2007 by C0rsa]
messham11

30th Jul 07 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had our 1st friendly yesterday. Put out our side from last year 1st half and won 1-0, I scored. Dominated the half, hit the bar, missed an open goal and missed numerous one-on-ones.

2nd half we put out all new players and the rest and lost 1-0 so 1-1 overall. Really encouraging though, especially as that was their 1st game together. Again had chances but couldnt find the net.

Hopefully got a game Saturday so bring on the weekend
messham11

6th Aug 07 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had our 2nd game yesterday v a new side in the Prem, beat them 4-3. We missed a pen at 0-0 then took the lead. Should have been a few up but in a frantic 10minute spell we conceeded 3!
Pulled one back before halftime and added the other two in the 2nd half to complete the comeback.

Took less players this time to give everyone a longer runout. Pitch was huge and with the heat everyone had a good, hard workout. Next game Thursday evening followed by another one Sunday, good times
Apart from my foot/ankle still hurts so cant play, bad times
gianluigi

6th Aug 07 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had our 1st friendly today. Drew 2-2 against a team i was going to sign for last season. we were 2-0 up at half time, then in 2nd half we changed the defense about, and they gave away 2 silly penalties. some of the new players who played for us yesterday were so shit it was unreal. they give it all the talk, ponse around training like we owe them a favour for playing for us, then in the match they were absolute turd. had 5 new players on show, only 2 played well.

i played 3/4 of the match upfront, i hit the post in the 1st half then in the second half, me and the other forward didnt get a bloody scrap. nearly ended up in goal for the 2nd half however those of you who've met me would know i dont have the physique for a keeper lol!

shouldnt be annoyed really, as its only 1st game of the season, and can take a few positives from this match, and work on the negatives
RyanSxi

6th Aug 07 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we had a pre season yesterday against a very young team (17/18 year olds). and it was fkin red hot. i played about 70 mins (roll on roll off subs) and i was dying. we did win 7-3 though and i had a decent role in 3 of the goals so im happy.
gianluigi

7th Aug 07 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im traininig for a SATURDAY team tonight...see how i get on
messham11

10th Aug 07 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a game last night, lost 4-3. We played shocking, well the defending was. 1-1 at HT then we went 4-1 down. We still could have won it but if you conceed 4 goals you dont deserve to win. Out of the defence and GK only one is a regular, so easy to see why but still not good enough.
Bring on Sunday, physio told me to give it 45mins and see how it is, hopefully foot will be all good
hack3tt

10th Aug 07 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played our first friendly last night!
Was against a team 5 leagues above us, but they are a loacal team who train on the same pitch as us!!
we drew 3-3 which was quality!
One of the centre back starters from last year had to go in goal so managed to get a start in my first game back!!

Felt physically sick before the game, nervous even a bit scared that i would pull out of tackles!!
With in 5 minutes i had gone into a tough 50-50 and not even thoguht about my leg! After that didnt think about it again!!
Felt like i played quite well, still felt bit rusty but felt so good to be playing in a game again!!
First half went well but within 15 minutes of the second half i had to sk the manager to take me off! I was either guna throw up or lie down so had to come off!!
Getting the fitness back is my priority fot the rest of pre season now!

Got another game on Sunday against another good team!!
nik

10th Aug 07 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hailsham Town V Wick tomo (well today now :lol first league game, interesting to see what happens we are fancied to win the league this year.
messham11

13th Aug 07 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Game yesterday v Seer Green, beat them 5-1. 1-1 at HT but we'd dominated but failed to take a few chances and were a bit sloppy at the back.
2nd half we absolutely destroyed them playing awesome football the whole half. Managed to get on for last 20 or so, ankle lil sore today but hopefully on the mend, Good times
gianluigi

13th Aug 07 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drew 2-2 again agaisnt a fairly good side. we were 2-0 down. i played on the wing and was real hard work.

had to go off injured after some cunt nacked my knee.

shit match, i played shit, and the new players we've got are shit. at least last season we coped with 10 or 11 good-ish players every week. this season we've lost 2 or 3 players and been replaced by an abundance of crap IMHO.
RyanSxi

16th Aug 07 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a pre season friendly tonight 7:15 k.o. i feel a bit crap/injured so may not go yet.
nik

16th Aug 07 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 wins out of 2 for Wick, beat Hailsham Town and Chichester City dispite being down to 10 men after a sending off.
messham11

20th Aug 07 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had another game yesterday, won 1-0. Didnt play brillaint but should have won by more. Another game of missed opportunities, hit the post twice and some poor touches infront of goal let us down.
From a personnal point of view i thought i played quite well, hit the post with a header and the ankle held up BUT......I fractured my big toe Just one thing after another at the mo. Hospital said 6 weeks but if Gerrard only needs a weeks rest then I should hopefully make the start of the season
RyanSxi

20th Aug 07 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we lost 4-2 on thurs although didnt have an linesmen so atleast 1 of there goals was offside. got half a game at right wing but wasnt too impressed with myself.

Had naother game yesterday against a premier sunday league team and lost 2-1, they scored in the last kick of the game
I played right back for 90 mins and was really pleased with how I played. Hardly any mistakes and spread the play well
gianluigi

20th Aug 07 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

played for my saturday team on sat, lost 4-0. we were shcoking, i injured myself, and i could have put in a better performance, but the feedback from other players was that i done well. i played on the right, and on the evidence, i'm quite sure i could easily play upfront for this team.

drew 1-1 on sunday, played the 1st half upfront, and after going 1-0 down, i set up the equaliser soon after. again, i could have done a lot better, defo need to be sharper, aside from that i thought i done quite well, and was annoyed to come off at half time when the gaffer changed the formation...but its still pre-season, and shouldn't really be annoyed as i am. i know im good enough for the team, and come the season, i hope to be playing every game.
RyanSxi

24th Aug 07 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

played another premiereship team last night (they finished 3rd last season) and we got hammered about 10-2. every1 played crap and after they scored 4/5 every1 gave up. hoping for better on sunday
nik

25th Aug 07 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wick V Midhurst today, fingers crossed for 3 points at home. Pitch is looking spot on, brilliant surface should be a healthy crowd there with the sun out!
messham11

26th Aug 07 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played our reserves today, won 5-0. Should have been about 15, keep missing so many chances! Got some pics which i'l host as soon as I get them up on the pc.
RyanSxi

28th Aug 07 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

played another prem team on sunday. the team that we share our pitch with.

was a good game and we went 1-0 up which was suprising. although they did get on back before the half to make it 1-1 at half time.

keeper then dropped a simple catch from a corner to make it 2-1 to them then they scored again making the final score a 3-1 defeat. a decent performance though, first game of the season this sunday
gianluigi

28th Aug 07 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lost 6-1 for my sunday team, im starting to have enough. im losing confidence
messham11

3rd Sep 07 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were 3-0 down at HT yesterday, went on to win 4-3. Terrible in the first half, awesome in the second! Reserves won 6-3, first game this sunday
gianluigi

3rd Sep 07 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

started for my saturday team up front, played 90 mins, we drew 2-2, i had a hand in both of our goals, but i had a few chances to score and didnt take them, i had one awesome chance in 1st half where i lobbed the keeper, it was going in but somewhow the fat ass got a finger to it, and it dropped wide...from there my head went down, and i missed things i should really have done better with. all in all a good 1st game for them - and the little things please me, they gave me the number 10 shirt, i didnt chose it, the manager gave it to me, which made me feel good .

sunday was another JOKE. we lost to a team that could only field 10. i played on the left 1st half, and we went 2-0 down. 2nd half i went up front, and immediatly we were 2-2 - i gave a good assist for the second. we were looking good until we were exposed at a corner...again, and we ended up losing 4-2

i play much better upfront.
messham11

10th Sep 07 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st team didnt have a game yesterday but the Reserves had their 1st game, won 3-1. Was 1-1 with 30mins to go and we stuck 2 1st teamers on & p*ssed on them after that. Bit unfortunate for the other team but it had to be done
gianluigi

11th Sep 07 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sunday team lost 5-0

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2007/2008 Thread 23 database queries in 0.2016580 seconds