corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2007/2008 Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sunday League 2007/2008 Thread
barry_kellett99

User status: Offline
13th Sep 07 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joined a new team this season after playing nothing at all last year after moving house and becoming disillusioned.
This team finished second from bottom last year on a total of 11 points. Me and a couple of mates and 2 other new players have joined. We are sitting third on 10 points and unbeaten in 4, though we did win another match on a midweek match early on which has been canceled out as the league organised a full fixture list on the same night as an U21 International fixture, and the IFA over ruled them and called all games null and void. Gits.

http://www.nifootball.co.uk/index.php/division/table/7/29

Our unbeaten record almost went on saturday. 4-0 down with half an hour left, we managed to pull one back and began to fight a bit to make it look respectable. They tired and our fitness over ran them more than our skill and we kept hammering at their goal constantly. We somehow managed to win it 5-4! Not good for the nerves of our manager, but a great feeling for the team!

[Edited on 13-09-2007 by barry_kellett99]
nik

13th Sep 07 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a solid training session tonight after missing Sat's game as I was at Wembley. Notched a couple of good goals, confident for Saturday where we play host to Steyning Town. 3 points are important after Saturday's defeat.
nik

15th Sep 07 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good game today. Wick 4 - 1 Steyning Town. Wick pretty much had the game sewn up inside the first 20. I notched the 2nd with a quality volley from just inside the box.

2nd half we notched a further two, with Steyning's consolation coming late on. Unfortunalty I had to come off after about an hour with an archilles problem

All in all a decent performance, which could and should have been far more convincing. Away to Pagham next up on Friday night.
gianluigi

17th Sep 07 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

achillies - painful ome there

Saturday we lost 2-1. we were quite good, but didnt have enough shots to trouble the keeper who looked like he would spill most of what came his way.

sunday we won 4-2 () 1st win of the season, and considering the players injured/left/hungover/new.....we done very well. had a new cneter back and a new center mid...both made the difference IMO. I played on the left....and sealed the game with a left footed volly

goal count: 1
nik

20th Sep 07 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Broke down in training tonight, after 20 mins with the club physio it's decided I'm unfit to play tomorrow night Gutted as I was just hitting top form..Never mind, best take a week's rest than rule myself out further. A win tomorrow will see us only a point off top spot.
nik

22nd Sep 07 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Friday night result - Pagham 0 - 4 Wick. The Wickers thrashed league leaders on Friday night, couldn't play myself as I'm out injured, hope to be back for Saturdays visit of Southwick at the Crabtree. Good start for us, only a point off top after 5 games.
gianluigi

23rd Sep 07 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saturday result: Tacket Street 6 - 2 Needham Market Vets

beat the team in top position of the league in a very good display. they were a lot older than us, bu with our fitness, we ran rings round them. i scored 2

sunday: Claydon 07 1 - 4 QC07
disappointed we went out of the cup to a shit team. went down to 10 men in the first half. and i had to come off at half time injured. been having lots of troubles with my right ankle

goal count: 3
messham11

24th Sep 07 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won 5-0 yesterday, 10x the performance of week before. Got off the mark for the season with a pen saw keeper start to dive so went down the middle. Could have been 10-15 TBH, we played them off the park, also hit the woodwork, had 1 disallowed and their keeper saved at least a dozen. Good times
messham11

24th Sep 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh our reserves lost 6-3 had 3 out of the normal back 5 missing though
nik

27th Sep 07 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like I won't be fit for Saturdays game, still having trouble with my archilles
nik

28th Sep 07 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Playing tomorrow V Southwick as we have a number of players injured/ill, got a fitness test before game to see if I can start, wish me luck
nik

29th Sep 07 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FUCK sake. Paid the price today for a shocking first half and having a man sent off. We just weren't out of the traps and found ourselves 4-0 at half time! Ended up 6-1, I played 25 mins, nearly scored from a header BUT my archilles seemed to hold up fine so hopefully be back to full fitness for next week's trip to Bognor fc.
gianluigi

1st Oct 07 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saturday Result: Old Newton Res 2 - 4 Tacket Street BBOB Res

A very quiet 1st half display saw us chasing shadows and creating nothing in midfield. Not before long we were 2-0 down. We had to pick it up and responded with a goal after a stroke of luck. We commenced the onslaught, and pounded the pressure on the home teams goal, i came close when i lobbed 2 defenders and the keeper, but a 3rd defender headed it out for a corner, from the corner the ball was cleard off the line for another, then from that corner we hit the post! the half time whistle seemed it couldnt come soon enough for old newton. in the changing room for a half time cuppa tea 2nd half was more of the same, lots of pressure, and good defending with strokes of luck falling their way. they had an excellent quick midfielder, then when he wound up one of our players, he stepped up his game to compete at his level, and their luck ran out when our midfielder hit a 25 yarder into the top corner! the game went off the boil, then with 12 mins to go a good flick on from a free kick saw our top scorer latch on and poke us in front! then in the last couple of mins, a stong challenge in midfield saw the ball break to me, i took a few touches and struck the ball into the top left of the goal i played right mid and my performance was praised by the skipper.

Sunday result: SS PIO FC 0 - 1 Hampton
No game on sunday for my usual team so i travelled to Peterborough where i was invited to play for the Peterborough Italian Organisation. I was given the whole game upfront, and in a 1st half which was all us, ended goaless, with luck falling to both teams where the ball wouldnt go in the net. the main issue was there was absolutly no talking on our side which lead to mistakes.

the second half was awful even less chat, and they got lucky infront of goal for a change and scored the winner mid way though the 2nd half. we had one chance late on, but a weak finish didnt trouble the keeper.

goal count: 4
messham11

1st Oct 07 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won 4-2 yesterday, scoreline makes it seem a close game when it wasnt. We dominated from the start and raced into a 3-0 lead, they pulled one back in 1st half injury time. 2nd half they scored straight away but soon after we scored again and then went on to hit the woodwork, squirm x amount of chances and their keeper pulled off about 4 top class saves in the game. Now 3rd - Good times Reserves lost 5-3 but played an hour with 10 men, bad times
nik

4th Oct 07 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chichester City v Wick tomorrow night at Portfield Road. A tough away game for us after Saturday's woeful defeat against Southwick. We're again thin on the ground with a number of players out injured/ill. Hopefully pick up a result here as we're only a couple of points off top, and beat Pagham 4-0 in our last away fixture!
nik

5th Oct 07 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chichester City 0 - 2 Wick. Quality. 3 wins in the last 4 now, upto 2nd in the league. Workman like performance from the Wickers, we weathered a first half storm after going one up through a well worked set piece. 2nd half was pretty much Wick, I hit the bar from a reflex shot, we scored a 2nd from another set piece and it was game set and match. Hopefully have a number of players back for the next game! Looking strong
messham11

7th Oct 07 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won 4-0 in Berks & Bucks Sunday Intermediate Cup v AFC Totteridge. Decent display, started well and finished the game well. Scored with a right foot half volley, thats my weaker foot and gives me 2 for the season
Reserves won 4-1 very impressive performance I hear, good times all round today
Thoday

7th Oct 07 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had to referee our game this Saturday gone

Now that was an experience!
gianluigi

8th Oct 07 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saturday result:

Benhall St Mary Res 3 - 1 Tacket Street BBOB Res

crap game, we started playing in the second half again i had a goal disallowed.

sunday result:

Felixstowe trade & labour 3 - 1 Claydon 07

not going into this game too much, as it angers me. but i recieved my 1st death threat off a turkish player, and got invited to have a word with the lino after the match, which i accpeted, but he retracted his invite soon after, the balding fat cock
nik

8th Oct 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell the cunt your boycott his old man's kebab shop.
gianluigi

8th Oct 07 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he threatend to kill me because i said bollocks when he appealed for a free kick. he later punched the back of my head. make it worse - he scored their second goal
nik

8th Oct 07 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have given him a taste of my elbow when the ref/linos were watching the action Did that last year, someone punched me in the side of the head OFF the ball, so I returned the favour in the side of his face which sparked a mass brawl
nik

11th Oct 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Game away @ Forest this week. I'm actually thinking of moving on now, have been at Wick for a year now. Have contacted Worthing who play in Ryman 1 South so we'll see what comes of that, probably nothing until end of the year now as I need to get my match fitness up (been injured recently and missed most of pre season).

Update, been offered a trial with Worthing, got to finalise details etc but sounds promising, heres their site below

http://www.rebels.worthingfc.com/

Only 5 miles or so from home so be a decent move

[Edited on 12-10-2007 by nik]
nik

13th Oct 07 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forest 1 - 3 Wick. We were always in control of this game and went in at half time with a two nil lead, I set up the first with a good lay off. After half time we were a little sloppy for 15 mins and gave away a silly goal. However, we were soon 2 goals to the good again after I notched a good far post header. I should have made it 4 minutes after, and then scored again with a classy volley only to be denied by the lino - VERY dubious decision. Still, we're upto 2nd again without really getting out of 2nd gear. Looking like a promotion hunting season for sure.

[Edited on 13-10-2007 by nik]
barry_kellett99

15th Oct 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got beat again, 5 on the bounce after our good start.

Does any of the regular weekend players here suffer from what feels like an energy crash on saturday afternoons just before the match?

Feels like being shattered after a working week catching up on ya kind of thing?

I'm getting it too often for my liking and have tried different types of diets leading up to the weekend including carb loading the day before a match and drinking plenty of water.

Maybe its just match nerves surfacing in another form

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2007/2008 Thread 23 database queries in 0.1989539 seconds