corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale**

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My budget track car *** now for sale**
stuartwallace1993

User status: Offline
13th Nov 13 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice mate!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Nov 13 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
A 2.5" exhaust system should be fine until you start chasing bigger power numbers. Should certainly be enough to get the car on the road and in use at least.

thats good to know not after big power just yet, plus i just bought the sodding exhaust haha,

can always upgrade the engine to different stages/phases later on, i know they are about 190 standard, im hoping a small increase in boost and a different map would see 200-220? or am i dreaming
djgritt
Premium Member

13th Nov 13 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

220 or more should be easily achieved on a stage 1 map - the Z'LETs are supposed to be pretty much 200bhp in standard tune, provided its not a shit example anyway
SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Nov 13 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
220 or more should be easily achieved on a stage 1 map - the Z'LETs are supposed to be pretty much 200bhp in standard tune, provided its not a shit example anyway

id be pretty happy with 200-220, my cars rapid enough with a standard XE under the bonnet as its so light
0775kieran

13th Nov 13 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could do a c20let on z20let loom and ecu, it's been done before.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Nov 13 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 0775kieran
Could do a c20let on z20let loom and ecu, it's been done before.

Would rather a Z20LET as the C20 is a bit long in the tooth now, Z20 more abundant and usually lower mileage

[Edited on 13-11-2013 by SteveoBC]
Ender

13th Nov 13 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good project i read akl pages &#304;n high spirits
Generation

13th Nov 13 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd leave it as it is.
Paid for
Reliable
Done.

SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Nov 13 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been doing my sums, with Xmas coming up, turbo conversion right now would not be a sound financial choice, probs will be happy enough when I get it back and give it a few runs as iv probs forgotten how quick it is in XE (and after iv done some saving)

Plus dad made a good point tonight "I'd be getting that fucking roll cage of yours out of my garage and in your car before you think of getting a sodding turbo engine cluttering up the place!!!"

Ah good ole dad the sound of reason, in all honesty I'd completely forgot about it haha

Soz for getting everyone's hopes up, turbo will have to wait for the moment
SteveoBC
Premium Member

17th Nov 13 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a small result today, been wondering where I'm gonna get hold of some conversion shaft CV boots as my osf inner one has split

Had a root around my spares this weekend at mum and dads in their garage and only gone and found a pair of brand new ones! And 2 packets of grease! Result and a half on a Sunday

Just need to pester my boss to get mine back together and sort an Mot out
daine
Premium Member

17th Nov 13 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
I'd leave it as it is.
Paid for
Reliable
Done.

"THIS"

There's alot to be said for reliability and your trust worthy XE has never let you down on track!!
stick with it Steve and have some well earned enjoyment out of it for the next year
SteveoBC
Premium Member

17th Nov 13 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daine
quote:
I'd leave it as it is.
Paid for
Reliable
Done.

"THIS"

There's alot to be said for reliability and your trust worthy XE has never let you down on track!!
stick with it Steve and have some well earned enjoyment out of it for the next year

Oh don't you worry Danie it's thrown its toys out the pram on me a few times, but cos most of the time when I take it out on track in the dry it's fine

Do have a prob lately in the wet, not sure if it's a bad earth but I did notice if water gets anywhere near the coil it fails to start and run (only reason i think it's this is when I washed my car at work it wouldnt start and run properly until the coil was bone dry again, think some spray from the jet wash got in ther but explains why it has died while driving in the wet on the motorway before
SteveoBC
Premium Member

19th Nov 13 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of good news........heard my car is done and all fitted back up and the glass is back in

i have a day off friday so might go down to our guildford site myself and go pick it up
Christopher

19th Nov 13 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:O Yeeeyyyyyy! get some pics sent through
SteveoBC
Premium Member

19th Nov 13 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might wait til i go see it friday chris, dont wanna spoil the surprise,

also already booked it in at a garage nearby my work friday for the the inner cv change and got the parts on me
Christopher

19th Nov 13 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generation

19th Nov 13 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Defiantly wait, it'll be so much better for
You
SteveoBC
Premium Member

19th Nov 13 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Defiantly wait, it'll be so much better for
You

exactly my thoughts, plus getting a lift off my boss up there in his new Cayenne, probably the only time im gonna be chauffeured anywhere by him so might as well take advantage of it haha
Jon_C
Premium Member

19th Nov 13 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC

also already booked it in at a garage nearby my work friday for the the inner cv change and got the parts on me

Hope they are have it in a safe car park when it's not being worked on
SteveoBC
Premium Member

19th Nov 13 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC

Hope they are have it in a safe car park when it's not being worked on

going to a different garage this time haha
daine
Premium Member

19th Nov 13 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You running MK11 Cavalier inners with GSI shafts steve
pow
Premium Member

19th Nov 13 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mark Eleven Cavalier?!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

19th Nov 13 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daine
You running MK11 Cavalier inners with GSI shafts steve

No iv got the proper conversion shafts from Chris Ashley Motorsport bought them ages ago when first doing the XE swap
SteveoBC
Premium Member

19th Nov 13 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just noticed meant to say CV boot not the actual cv joint (OS inner boot is split and leaking grease)
daine
Premium Member

20th Nov 13 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O" right Steve, thanks for that

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale** 23 database queries in 0.0175729 seconds