corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » sql/forms builder help - pretty basic really

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sql/forms builder help - pretty basic really
Tantastic

User status: Offline
26th Mar 07 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im stuck on 1 aspect of an assignment and wondered if anyone could help.

im creating a table using oracles sql+. for 1 of the sections i have to include the users date of birth, but need to ensure that theyre over the age of 18.

what is the best method to go about doing this, would it be to add the validation in the sql when i create the table or to add it in when im using the forms builder.
Cybermonkey

26th Mar 07 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i would use the greatest/least functions. this provides the biggest scope for customising tables like this
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Mar 07 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends if you actually want to store records for people who are not old enough or discard the record.

We still keep member records for declined memberships and banned people just for historical interest for example.
AndyKent

26th Mar 07 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I'm correct in saying that you should check the data twice - once with Javascript for example and again before inserting the data. That why the data is at least checked once, but its easier to tell the user while they are filling the form in.
Tantastic

28th Mar 07 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for your helps guys ive managed to sort it out now :-)

another quick small favour though... I have my canvas open at the moment in forms builder. I am wanting to insert an image onto the canvas, does anyone know the correct way to do this?

thanks
AndyKent

28th Mar 07 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

canvas???
Tantastic

28th Mar 07 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in oracle forms builder, i have a blank canvas (viewed using layout editor?) work area, design view whatever you wanna call it :-)

New Poll