corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Nebody good at visual basic??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nebody good at visual basic??
Happy_2008

User status: Offline
16th Apr 04 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, i am abou to do a cursework mainly based on visual basics. I know the basics of using visual basics i.e. create/design the new forms and link them to buttons so when u press the buttons it will take you to the next page etc.

However, can some point me in the direction of inserting specific user name and passwords on the forms??? so only particular users can enter the system when its being run.

Also how hard is it to doing a bulletin board on visual basics?
dirtydan

16th Apr 04 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe many diffo ways to do it. Depending how complex u want it. if u just want a basic login (easy to get past but sitll a login). just use text boxes so it checks txt in the textbox if its = to a true statement take to next page . If ya need some help ill possibly be online about 10.30 off t work in mo msn me dangrant@btinternet.com
Happy_2008

16th Apr 04 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my msn is ees2203@hotmail.com I will add u on, hopefully u can help me and point me in the right direction

How good are you with visual basic?? u got ne ideas how i could create a bulletin board system using vb? also would a bulletin board system be required to be connected to access for message memory storage purposes?
Dom

16th Apr 04 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a butch on www.pscode.com . i use it alot for my VB stuff

remember, if you doing the easy login way ie : If strPassword = "fred" then (do sumthing) and compile it, the string "fred" will show up in the binary code. So to make it harder, convert all your password strings to ascii - ie: If strPassword = Chr(102) & Chr(114) & Chr(101) & Chr(100) then (do sumthing). It makes it alot harder to find

As for creating a board, doing you mean for internet use or for internal use over a network etc?

[Edited on 16-04-2004 by VisibleMan]
Happy_2008

16th Apr 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the bulleting board i just want it to work on visual basic program, we have to create a group shring program hence the bulletin board

New Poll