corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got in - VBOA application update

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got in - VBOA application update
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
11th Dec 06 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike16v
in the yorkshire area we are really struggling to get a turnout at meets these days
I assume you went to the last one?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by willay
People commenting are the only people doing something atm?

I think its great getting CorsaSport at Billing, congratulations and good luck.

You three have met up without letting it known on CS that you will be meeting the VBOA board, now to me that seems a bit stupid not asking the communitys opinions/ideas before this, ok you will end up with a thread like this with some people putting in ridiculous ideas but you might just get a gem of a idea from obscure user which ends up being the reason you get into the VBOA.

At the moment it seems like a bit of a closed shop before this thread came along which was after the event had taken place.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=314547

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=293750

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by willay]
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
You three have met up without letting it known on CS that you will be meeting the VBOA board, now to me that seems a bit stupid not asking the communitys opinions/ideas before this .. you might just get a gem of a idea from obscure user which ends up being the reason you get into the VBOA.

At the moment it seems like a bit of a closed shop before this thread came along which was after the event had taken place.
We did have a thread in the Organisation forum to which all staff have access, some good ideas about what we were delivering on the day, but we merely talked about existing systems.

The problems are the systems are not compatible.

We wouldn't have changed systems before the presentation simply to go there and say we're doing something.
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but that was a month ago, many moons have passed and unfortunatly not everyones lives revolve around this internet forum so loose touch with whats going on from one day to the next, it would have been nice for the community to have a reminder, maybe?
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
You three have met up without letting it known on CS that you will be meeting the VBOA board, now to me that seems a bit stupid not asking the communitys opinions/ideas before this .. you might just get a gem of a idea from obscure user which ends up being the reason you get into the VBOA.

We did have a thread in the Organisation forum to which all staff have access, some good ideas about what we were delivering on the day, but we merely talked about existing systems.

The problems are the systems are not compatible.

We wouldn't have changed systems before the presentation simply to go there and say we're doing something.

Sorry but what use is that? Staff only? What about the communitys ideas?
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Staff being all mods and organisers.

I agree we could have asked opinion first before going, but I don't see how that would have changed the application. We have only come up with the changes in this thread based in VBOA feedback which before yesterday we didn't have.
Daimo B

11th Dec 06 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im only reading the first post..

IMO it depends what you want to do with CS really. Do you want to be a Corsa only Vauxhall official club? If so, it needs to be seperated much more I think.

Firstly.. The site.

Having only a general chat/offday type thing for non members, MAYBE a for sale forum. Non members shouldn't have as many priviladges as a paying member. In the general forum, have stickeys posts + banners with details of local meets and events so non members still know about them, but if you wanted to be part of it all, you'd need to join really, but could pop along.

The people who really want to be part of it then pay £? price and they have access ot all the technical, corsa, vauxhall and car chat. A more closer tighter controlled forum with opinions but not ar5y comments and more of a community, a bit like the VXLSCC's forums. I should imagine it will be quieter, but, the level of topics would be much better (IMO). Then looking to get discounts, orgenised group buys, track days, meets, shows, etc..

Events..
Only paying members can show with the club. Only corsas as well (had arguments about letting in other vauxhalls on the CS stand previously..). Only members get invited to track days, the shows, etc..

Goodies...
Silly stuff.. I don't think CS needs a newsletter as the feature car thing is good.. Maybe improve it with the aid of local people and cameras and some good shots, expand the feature review..

Maybe include as part of the membership (1 year) some free CS stickers, look at obtaining discounts with companies, a membership card, and the hosting serice.. Not too much as a the club is online mainly, but membership details are then stored as part of application, address, contact etc.. Keep it secure as part of the DPA and the members won't have any worries about sending details. If your a proper member, why would you be?

But all that means nothing if you want to keep it a free-for-all site as it currently is. In which case as i've said previously, you wouldn't get vboa admission of which i did say before. In which case, you just need to think do you really want to go that far with CS (personnally) and go to all the effort?

From what i've seen, CS has got a lot more toys and goodies to make it better at shows (flags etc) which makes it a lot better from when it was years ago.. It also need input and help from members who want to be part of the admin team to keep CS running, orgenising regional meets etc..

IMO, the VX scene needs more classy clubs to raise the profile, winning trophies for cars etc... Wouldn't be be ironic if a Vx club to raise the bar was a corsa club

Thats my say anyway... Too much work for my lazy ar5 now
jr

11th Dec 06 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats about the best put post in 13 pages
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also as willay is clearly on the job already, you'll see that there have been threads in the past which Daimo and perhaps you got involved in?

I did read over these while making the document for yesterday. There's no magic ticket to entry been proposed in the past, at least not in the threads which we do have.

There isn't even one now that I'm happy with.

Become a traditional club - no, don't want to. We still might come up with something and be refused again. I've said all along and there's probably posts from a while ago you can dig up, if we're doing OK and we don't get in then so be it. I'm not about to change everything just to say we're affiliated with anyone. The VBOA chairman even said yesterday 'you've survived this far, why now?'

I said we were changing anyway in the show offer, ie. dropping Donny and Max, and hopefully picking up Billing. Thats the reason, not because we need to change our methods.
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dropping Donny & Max, finally something we agree on.

Daimo read my posts please, page back.
jr

11th Dec 06 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH the reason we want to get into billing is because people keep asking, not any other reason
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
11th Dec 06 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
a bit like the VXLSCC's forums

over-moderated and asking the staff why you haven't had your member pack within a year results in a ban?

great.

Also, Ollie, instead of moaning about how bad things are now, and how the past was better, why not do something about it? post in your region with some suggestions, go to the meets your ROs organise etc.

No point living in the past.
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS I'm not moaning I am giving you my opinion, I attend CS meets still because they are the best, I am just saying I enjoyed them more a few years ago, maybe the explanation for this is that I've seen everything 6 times over.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
maybe the explanation for this is that I've seen everything 6 times over.
Quite, which is no bad indictment of the sites ability to organise the event in the first place.

So your first CS meet - how does that compare to a newbie turning up to PVS this year?

I think the newbie this year would be just as impressed as you or I were 6 years ago.
pvo dave

11th Dec 06 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Ian and Co,

I was the other guy (from VxON) you were speaking to with Tom at 'lunch'

If I can help you guys in anyway the offers still there!

Dave.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to the site Dave. Many thanks for the offer.
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
maybe the explanation for this is that I've seen everything 6 times over.
Quite, which is no bad indictment of the sites ability to organise the event in the first place.

So your first CS meet - how does that compare to a newbie turning up to PVS this year?

I think the newbie this year would be just as impressed as you or I were 6 years ago.

Yes, I think you could be right.

Thanks
pvo dave

11th Dec 06 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Welcome to the site Dave. Many thanks for the offer.

No probs!

I'd like to point out that the hand out was very impressive, clearly had some time put into it!

Dave.
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and Steve had discussed and come the conclusion that they didn't like your accent Ian
Steve
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

please do not bring me into this
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll tell Charmaine....
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can we see these, handouts and presentation?
mike16v

11th Dec 06 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by mike16v
in the yorkshire area we are really struggling to get a turnout at meets these days
I assume you went to the last one?

no i didnt as i was in new york
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See you at the next one then Mike
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chumbly_warner
Can we see these, handouts and presentation?
Its a Word document and its huge because its full of photos, I'll see if it'll compress and if so get it uploaded.

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got in - VBOA application update 22 database queries in 0.2169800 seconds