corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got in - VBOA application update

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got in - VBOA application update
jr

User status: Offline
11th Dec 06 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes that what im attemptin to get at, we dont need stickers and keyrings, hopefully more people sign up, which makes better Impresions at shows, with more flags, better looking stands, ehich will impress people and get more people wanting to show
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
ramps like dealers have to put a car on at a how
Hook me up
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't make me laugh, how many Premium members does this website have? At a guess 300 probably a lot more, thats nearly 4k's worth of membership fees, I understand the website costs money to maintain and the flags etc but there must be a element of profit being made, got to be.
jr

11th Dec 06 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by jr
ramps like dealers have to put a car on at a how
Hook me up

if your intrested i can get the detials
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Like Ollie said, Perhaps a Membership pack?
Could the membership pack be as "Basic" as a Covering Letter and a couple of stickers?
That would prove that you have a full name and address too.

Waste of money IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Ian puts it well, for unpaid work CS does get alot!!

Yes it does and you do alot of it with all the show organising you do with tickets for PVS. Same as Matt H, Ian, Tim. The site would not be here today if it wasnt for you lot and i think some people forget how much work you lot put in
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Don't make me laugh, how many Premium members does this website have? At a guess 300 probably a lot more, thats nearly 4k's worth of membership fees, I understand the website costs money to maintain and the flags etc but there must be a element of profit being made, got to be.

How much to host a Server in Docklands? Bandwith Bills?

JR's threads must total a fortune in that alone

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
jr

11th Dec 06 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats because people actully like the whole element of CS, otherwise ash there wouldnt be 10 pages of people like me/you/phil/ojc disscussing the way forwards as well
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's money in the bank which needs spending, PVS cost over a grand last year and this year it will again, plus Trax also, then there's the monthy outgoings on bandwidth that we need to make sure we can cover.

Its comfortable, but its also not profit. It gets spent on stuff for the site.

Drawing salaries from it would be lost in income tax. Pointless. I would rather sleep in a camper van on my one yearly holiday to a field in Northampton.
jr

11th Dec 06 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

How much to host a Server in Docklands? Bandwith Bills?

JR's threads must total a fortune in that alone

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by VegasPhil]

im beeing paid by passionford so im self sufficant
jr

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Drawing salaries from it would be lost in income tax. Pointless. I would rather sleep in a camper van on my one yearly holiday to a field in Northampton.

Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
if your intrested i can get the detials
Ojc

Ok like I said I bet it costs a fair bit to keep running but remember year after year people renew their premium membership, which begs the question how the hell did CS survive before Prem membership came along?
JayCarr

11th Dec 06 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the idea of having club members that are allowed to show at PVS, Trax etc. Even if it means paying a little extra to become one. Im sure we'd still have a lot of cars on our stands too.
jr

11th Dec 06 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because before tim was getting the hosting free wasnt he, and we had nothing like all the expense on flags etc which must have cost a bit

and i usppose when it was smaller people paying out of there pocket wasnt such an issue
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
which begs the question how the hell did CS survive before Prem membership came along?
Bank of Ian.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joe

11th Dec 06 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
I dont know if this has been discussed allready - too many pages to read through.

But are there even that many cars on here that have been finished to the sort of standards that other cars at Billing are finished to?

I find alot of the cars I have seen on here look good then you see them at somewhere like PVS and realise they aren't actually half as good a condition as they look in the photo's. Photo's hide alot of things.

Agree with this, very good comment. If we are going to all this trouble, mainly just for a stand at Billing then we would have to be very selective of the cars shown. If just anyone who is a member could show then no offence to anyone but there could be some real shitters on the stand, which would just make us a laughing stock anyway. It would involve upsetting some people but you would have to look at which cars to put on the stand.
JayCarr

11th Dec 06 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with that Joe.
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
which begs the question how the hell did CS survive before Prem membership came along?
Bank of Ian.

Excellent. Ok wasn't having a dig just was curious.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
because before tim was getting the hosting free wasnt he, and we had nothing like all the expense on flags etc which must have cost a bit
Hosting was but I bought the computer it ran on when we first moved to the place Tim worked at at the time. Before then I was paying monthy to rent space on a server in Merseyside. As soon as we started getting prem money in we spent in on a proper server. Then we got another last year when we moved again. We probably outlayed £4k ish on hardware over the years. Thats not including balloons.

There's also CS stickers on cars at meets in 99/00 etc. which were given away for free, they didn't magically appear on my doorstep back in those days.

I'm all for transparency. Its not enough to retire otherwise I would be at home now living off it rather than in work writing Christmas progress reports for teenagers. I would dearly love to work for CS and draw a salary from it. Thats my dream. Currently, its just a web site with some cash to do cool stuff.

Might be official and cool at some point. Watch this space eh.
Half Pint

11th Dec 06 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ollie,

Think of how much the site has changed from when you first joined, it was a simple site for people to discuss their hobby's. now it is alot more involved and with premium membership we get alot more features plus the benefit from knowing that we are helping to keep the site open.

However it does seem a little unfair that non prem's get quiet alot of freedom on the site unlike other sites were access is heavily restricted, i'm not saying that we should do this but it's a mechanism for getting people to join up.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
quote:
I dont know if this has been discussed allready - too many pages to read through.

But are there even that many cars on here that have been finished to the sort of standards that other cars at Billing are finished to?

I find alot of the cars I have seen on here look good then you see them at somewhere like PVS and realise they aren't actually half as good a condition as they look in the photo's. Photo's hide alot of things.

Agree with this, very good comment. If we are going to all this trouble, mainly just for a stand at Billing then we would have to be very selective of the cars shown. If just anyone who is a member could show then no offence to anyone but there could be some real shitters on the stand, which would just make us a laughing stock anyway. It would involve upsetting some people but you would have to look at which cars to put on the stand.

Simply get a Panel of Staff to vote cars that are put forward. Some people are going to be pissed off - But panel's descision is final etc

I remember talking to Rus last year about some shitters that were on the stand at PVS.

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
quote:
something about shitters

something about shitters at PVS

See my reply.
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH and totally IMO I think the site has got worse since all this happened. Seriously, and I know a certain someone who from time to time I don't see eye to eye with will agree with me, I found it more exciting and more appealing when Daimo was organising things, his enthusiasm for events was the reason why the meets were so much better back then.

Only upside now is that I have somewhere to host my pics.
Half Pint

11th Dec 06 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
TBH and totally IMO I think the site has got worse since all this happened. Seriously, and I know a certain someone who from time to time I don't see eye to eye with will agree with me, I found it more exciting and more appealing when Daimo was organising things, his enthusiasm for events was the reason why the meets were so much better back then.

Only upside now is that I have somewhere to host my pics.

we do miss Damio and your handbag sessions

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got in - VBOA application update 23 database queries in 0.0145240 seconds