corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got in - VBOA application update

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got in - VBOA application update
Ojc

User status: Offline
11th Dec 06 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
I dont know if this has been discussed allready - too many pages to read through.

But are there even that many cars on here that have been finished to the sort of standards that other cars at Billing are finished to?

I find alot of the cars I have seen on here look good then you see them at somewhere like PVS and realise they aren't actually half as good a condition as they look in the photo's. Photo's hide alot of things.

Agree 100%.
Ant

11th Dec 06 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the reason you dont want to implement the fee due to numbers droping? I think we could aford to down size a little in order for cs to move forwards, the hardcore members woould stay some of the 'troublesome' members may go sometimes is quality over quantity that is required I have a feeling thats what the VBOA are looking for
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, but I don't want to differentiate on price.

Some of the people who are the biggest problems moderation-wise are prems, and we also have some excellent cars belonging to non-prems.
jr

11th Dec 06 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes i agree, there are some nice exmaples

but ian, we (in corsa terms) have by far the best stands and flag and stuff than anyone else

make it you must be a prem to attend PVS,TRAX and billing, people will join up to be part of that im sure
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its looking that way.

Certainly simplest from a systems point of view.
jr

11th Dec 06 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can we call it the Dallas system
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been using CS for years now and have been a prem member for most of that time.
Corsa sport is the easiest and quickest site that i go on. I would hate to see it getting more complicated with diffent member types.
I dont see the problem with having to be premium members to show there cars, i think most people would do this.
I also dont see what people have a problem with cs having thier address. Most peoples address are on soo many databases already, 1 more isnt going to hurt.

Ashley
jr

11th Dec 06 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree ashlye, like i say if we used the detials that VBOA want to good use anyway and help us by makeing tiket purchases more simple than evreyone would go for the ide
Ant

11th Dec 06 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was there not talk of offday going away from cs to a new url, this could be the oportunity to implement a few changes, The only worrying thing is there has been a lot of trouble on mig recently with people demanding to see the accounts know who the chairman is blah blah which you should make transparant in a proper club.

Despite all this I would like to belong to a corsa club at the moment i dont think being a member of cs ticks that box for me
jr

11th Dec 06 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ant thats because there was questions where the fees went, we can see where the £££ is spent with cs allready, as if fees etc dont change then theres nothing to worry about
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The financial thing is a funny one, MIG have 700 paid members, not sure how much it is to join?

Thats more than CS and they're charging more, but they don't have a motorhome or spec sheets printed on the day. Maybe they are hosting in somewhere better than Docklands
Ant

11th Dec 06 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah right with al the down time they have.

going back to my earlier coments the 'club' part would be a big winner for me
Tom

11th Dec 06 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This site serves purpose to many different users needs, i think that is probably VBOA's problem.

For the sake of being able to show at a couple more shows, the size of change required is debatable and they may not ever accept cs unless they downsize to a hardcore club (how many of their members sites have such a following from different car owners than the principal one the site is aimed at?).

Tough one, but I understand and appreciate your concerns about having to attach a fee to holding more membership details, maybe their ultimate aim is to get you upping costs and sending a hard copy of a magazine out
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only way that is going to happen is if membership is £100 and I work for CS full time.

To do it for £12.50 we would need 3200 prems

Thats a good PPOYB thread
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVS did look sooo good this year with the motorhome, specsheets, etc.
Making the tickets automated is a good thing also.
I think all the proposals are a move forward for CS
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not become more of a club, have key rings, quarterly news letters giving updates of peoples cars and whats happening in the world of all things Vauxhall, I pay £25.00 a year for this on VxlSCC.
Tom

11th Dec 06 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£33k not bad

What does PPOYB mean btw
jr

11th Dec 06 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Why not become more of a club, have key rings, quarterly news letters giving updates of peoples cars and whats happening in the world of all things Vauxhall, I pay £25.00 a year for this on VxlSCC.

thats evreything cs shouldnt become IMO, boring and predicatble
Tom

11th Dec 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

This is my view, it should be leading the way the others think. There is a reason why you have so many members who use and promote this site and it isn't anything to do with the selction of keyrings you offer imo.

Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All that crao needs actually doing.

If you want to read about Vauxhalls buy Total Vauxhall - who are in business to serve this market.

If you want keyrings lets find a keyrings business who can do this.

We don't have staff, we don't have enough money to pay staff, we don't have enough members to make enough money to even think about it.

I don't mind donating time sitting at a computer clicking buttons but posting gifts is not really where I want to be. I also wouldn't expect anyone else to do it for me unless they themselves are profiting from it.

It should have a business case, which currently I cannot see.
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want a key ring FFS
jr

11th Dec 06 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets not waste £££ on keyrings, lets have more campervans, and flag and some rumps like dealers have to put a car on at a how, much better than some tat
jr

11th Dec 06 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

This is my view, it should be leading the way the others think. There is a reason why you have so many members who use and promote this site and it isn't anything to do with the selction of keyrings you offer imo.

VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Ollie said, Perhaps a Membership pack?

Could the membership pack be as "Basic" as a Covering Letter and a couple of stickers?

That would prove that you have a full name and address too.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian puts it well, for unpaid work CS does get alot!!

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got in - VBOA application update 23 database queries in 0.0220959 seconds