corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got in - VBOA application update

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got in - VBOA application update
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
11th Dec 06 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're welcome to justify that with facts Oly.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I found it more exciting and more appealing when Daimo was organising things, his enthusiasm for events was the reason why the meets were so much better back then.

Sorry, do I not have enough enthusiasm for you Oliver when I set up Trax and PVS for CorsaSport?
jr

11th Dec 06 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would agree Daimo was very very enthisastic about organising stuff/meets etc, not to say that last year was possibly the best cs year to date IMO

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by jr]
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, reminds me I didn't see Oliver at the RR day we had a few weeks ago. So he clearly doesnt have a clue whats currently going on at current.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that golden oldies days crap is laughable. We're doing better now than we were, as evidenced by how slick everything is.

I don't remember spec sheets, tables, chairs and arrangement by colour at Billing 2001.

Yes - Billing 2001 - the year that we drove over and parked at the side of the PNG stand.

Smooth
jr

11th Dec 06 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have to do colour order from now on as were slowy becoming well known for it

speaking to a few lads from mig at the RR they mentioned how good it looked, and were suprised that we didnt do it for the total vahx pics
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stand design by CS ColourOrder (c) TM 2006
Half Pint

11th Dec 06 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were would you put an orange corsa than ?
Joe

11th Dec 06 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
were would you put an orange corsa than ?

With the rest of the flame red brigade
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had a misc column.

Either that or some space next to the van as PVS, you can put random stuff in special corners etc.

Helps immensely to know what you're expecting of course. I think I've just added another piece of data to my ticket sales application, thanks Tony haha
Half Pint

11th Dec 06 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Yeah, reminds me I didn't see Oliver at the RR day we had a few weeks ago. So he clearly doesnt have a clue whats currently going on at current.

we have to take our hats off to Willay and he's dedication to the cause, it's people like this that are making the sight known, and to be honest PVS would have probably been a flop otherwise.

now lets all kiss and make up
Steve
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so is this going down the route of adding it to the preem benefits then?
Half Pint

11th Dec 06 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
We had a misc column.

Either that or some space next to the van as PVS, you can put random stuff in special corners etc.

Helps immensely to know what you're expecting of course. I think I've just added another piece of data to my ticket sales application, thanks Tony haha

I may have little input into the site but it's that little bit that counts...
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

we have to take our hats off to Willay and he's dedication to the cause, it's people like this that are making the sight known, and to be honest PVS would have probably been a flop otherwise.

I'm glad you said that - Willay works his arse off sorting these shows and takes time doing tickets/organising posting etc.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
jr

11th Dec 06 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My only issue with that was me and willay were amazed that people couldnt remember what colour there car was at PVS
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had no issues. Although I was placed with Arden Blue

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Its not just me, there are plenty of other able bodies across the country making this site what it currently is. Some people just don't realise this.
jr

11th Dec 06 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
I had no issues. Although I was placed with Arden Blue

no im more looking at the sliver and black cars who park in the red section, anyway thats not the issue

Ian as you said get people to fill that in on there PM renewal form along with there full name and address etc, then it will all tie into the PM number
JayCarr

11th Dec 06 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Willay does put alot of effort into sorting out shows/meets. And so does Jr to be fair.
jr

11th Dec 06 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayCarr
Yeah Willay does put alot of effort into sorting out shows/meets. And so does Jr to be fair.

£££ is in the post
JayCarr

11th Dec 06 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CorsAsh

11th Dec 06 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As clubs go, I think CS is of a new breed which has embraced the internet and grown beyond the need for bits of paper in the post/keyrings etc. All this effort to hammer CS' square peg into the VBOA's round hole worries me in that we could lose the distinction of being a premier web based community, with the overall result that CS becomes an "average"all round club.

I wouldn't have any problems giving Ian my details etc, or paying a bit more to show with CS - I've been to events with other clubs and it just doesn't seem to gel as well as it does under the watchful eyes of Commander Willay and co. A small top up fee to allow me to show with CS is acceptable IMO.

If you need to tell them you have staff Ian, feel free to put me down on the visual design team
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayCarr
And Matt, and all the ROs that got people there, and all the people who were there at 7am running around parking people. Its loads.
jr

11th Dec 06 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats all good untill they ask to see your work ash
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ash - This has been expressed by us three omigos on Sunday. The last thing we want is CS dramatically change its structure/operations so we can be in the VBOA.

I'd rather we just conform to a certain level so we can join the VBOA without being a mirror of all the other clubs.

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got in - VBOA application update 23 database queries in 0.0153809 seconds