corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got in - VBOA application update

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got in - VBOA application update
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
11th Dec 06 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ash did the flyers and spec sheets. Thats as far as I was going to go
jr

11th Dec 06 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good will
jr

11th Dec 06 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Ash did the flyers and spec sheets. Thats as far as I was going to go

chumbly_warner
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
We had a misc column.
Either that or some space next to the van as PVS, you can put random stuff in special corners etc.

I liked seeing my car next to the van at PVS, it was a very nice spot
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, I thought that worked well.

We might do that in each corner this year. On ramps.
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't at the rolling road day because I didn't have a car to put on it?

Look I don't care if you don't agree with me, personally I feel it was better back in the day, thats nothing personal against willay, Matt & Ian just my opnion, if you don't like my opinion great.
Colin

11th Dec 06 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CS has a campervan
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I don't care if you don't agree with me, personally I feel it was better back in the day
Feelings.

Thats like facts that you haven't actually remembered correctly. It actually wasn't as good.
CorsAsh

11th Dec 06 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
CS has a campervan

Yeah, the mobile scouse hotel.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We hired it.
jr

11th Dec 06 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chumbly_warner
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
We had a misc column.
Either that or some space next to the van as PVS, you can put random stuff in special corners etc.

I liked seeing my car next to the van at PVS, it was a very nice spot

i was gutted though as only 50% of my plan worked on that, i wanted to get brosters the other side to show how diffrent corsa's could be, as IMO on the day they were the best versions of the to most diffrent styles
jr

11th Dec 06 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
i nicked it
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

STFU Ian, what facts? The atmosphere was better, it was more enjoyable for me personally, when are you going to accept other peoples opinons when they don't agree with you?
Liam

11th Dec 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
i nicked it

jr

11th Dec 06 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sensible now

right back on subject

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by jr]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
STFU Ian, what facts? The atmosphere was better, it was more enjoyable for me personally, when are you going to accept other peoples opinons when they don't agree with you?

Think its more about going with the majority's opinion/experience my love. Get back to waiting for your company to sack you.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes safe
Half Pint

11th Dec 06 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Girls this is getting a little personal for the discussion topic (see title) ....

Ian
Site Administrator

11th Dec 06 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
when are you going to accept other peoples opinons when they don't agree with you?
I accept your opinion, I just don't think you can say things are 'better' just because thats how you remember them, they were not as rigidly organised.

Plus we can't buy bottles of atmosphere, otherwise we would. I think its nice to look back at your old friends and say nice days lovely weather, I have good memories of early shows myself, but on paper we were crap. Perhaps it was a bit more special - seeing a 2 litre Corsa in a mag for the first time then seeing it in the flesh for example. Being in awe of the fact that these people who write for magazines and are in my eyes famous are in a tent over there 10 metres away. It was good, there's no dispute of that. The shows were excellent of course - the scene wasn't about doing bonkers stuff as cheaply as possible, but CS effort?

I talked to loads of people this year about loads of stuff, weather was good and I've also good memories of recent stuff, and I know it is better organised.

Perhaps no one speaks to you because they think you're weird. We can't make social skills a premium member benefit.
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Think its more about going with the majority's opinion/experience my love. Get back to waiting for your company to sack you.

Sometimes you push your luck with me just a little to far.
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want Daimo to see this thread and cast his opinion because at the moment its me against you lot and because most of the people on here who are posting saying "things are better now" are realtive newbies who weren't even registed at the time we were having these meets.

Maybe they shouldn't comment at all.
mike16v

11th Dec 06 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i definately agree with ollie with regards to meets. my first cs meet was in rotherham about 4 years ago, massive turnout, lots of friendly people about. in the yorkshire area we are really struggling to get a turnout at meets these days
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Perhaps no one speaks to you because they think you're weird. We can't make social skills a premium member benefit.

probably, but then I couldn't care less and so sound like Daimo I have made my CS friends if someone wants to talk to me then great lets talk about Lego and plots to destroy America, if that doesn't float your boat talk to someone else.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People commenting are the only people doing something atm?
Ojc

11th Dec 06 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
People commenting are the only people doing something atm?

I think its great getting CorsaSport at Billing, congratulations and good luck.

You three have met up without letting it known on CS that you will be meeting the VBOA board, now to me that seems a bit stupid not asking the communitys opinions/ideas before this, ok you will end up with a thread like this with some people putting in ridiculous ideas but you might just get a gem of a idea from obscure user which ends up being the reason you get into the VBOA.

At the moment it seems like a bit of a closed shop before this thread came along which was after the event had taken place.

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got in - VBOA application update 22 database queries in 0.1999280 seconds