corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VBOA Billing '06 - Any news on this?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VBOA Billing '06 - Any news on this?
dna23

User status: Offline
29th Jun 06 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any news on what's going on with Billing this year? I think bradfincham was looking at sorting something out iirc and Ojc was keen for it to

Just curious as to whether anything had happened or is it off now .etc

Sam

[Edited on 29-06-2006 by dna23]
glasgow_corsa_c

29th Jun 06 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

search....

99.9percent sure there is no chance of showing at 06 one..
Graeme
Premium Member

29th Jun 06 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no chance at all for this year as it takes ages to get into the VBOA, need to do a presentation to the chair people and then they put you on like a years trial before they fully aprove you!
ed_jones

29th Jun 06 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really, its pretty exclusive then. we should try it for a few years time though possibly
JonnyJ

29th Jun 06 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill be showing there with club irmscher
timrud_

29th Jun 06 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or just forget it as its hardly worth the effort!
Matt H

29th Jun 06 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are certain requirements that have to be met to show at Billing. Its not just as simple as ringing up & asking for a stand. Have to go before a committie etc

Maybe next year
mwg

29th Jun 06 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C4 WLK
no chance at all for this year as it takes ages to get into the VBOA, need to do a presentation to the chair people and then they put you on like a years trial before they fully aprove you!

fuck that!

I dont think many peoples cars on this site are finished to the standards they probably expect at that show anyway
dna23

29th Jun 06 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glasgow_corsa_c
search....

I did search and found nothing accept old threads with hopes and dreams in them. Hence i decided to make a thread enquiring about how things are at this current moment in time.
timrud_

29th Jun 06 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems this show is a bit up its own arse! Tell them to stuff it and have a day at the seaside instead.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th Jun 06 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not this year, i think its 07 or 08 we are looking at.
Matt H

29th Jun 06 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
Seems this show is a bit up its own arse! Tell them to stuff it and have a day at the seaside instead.

Cleethorpes?
Daimo B

29th Jun 06 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back in the day before the whingers and haters, I looked into this for CS.

You need to be on the commitee for 2 years to be authorised to have a stand. They have 4 annual meetings per year of which you have to attend at least two.

In other words, you won't have a stand before 08 unless someone committed signs up sooner rather than later.

They do not take kindly to chavs and boyracers at all. Its quite exclusive (Bear in mind, its not just corsas, novas etc, you have to appreciate its ALL vauxhall clubs, ranging from the earliest of Vauxhalls, all the way up to today. All the real retro cars are included.

These kind of people don't want ANY association with boyracers, and its fully understandable.

Some may think its snotty, but its a way of keeping out the "car trash".....

Billing is a superb event, better than PVS.

[Edited on 29-06-2006 by VXR]
dna23

29th Jun 06 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_

I think this is to try and limit/prevent the following:

- chavs/council invading the show
- rapes happening in the campsite the night before
- blow up dolls being thrown about and knock out punches
- shit cars and shit car clubs being present

Daimo B

29th Jun 06 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly.....

How many of ytou ahve been to the VBOA and seen a load of chvvy boyracers equiped with their booming subs and pink neons on blue cars etc....

Never any trouble at Billing. Nor at the VBOA.

PCG/PNG used to hold our annual meeting there until an "inncident" happened due to drunken boyracers causing lots of issues. Funny enough, Billing banned PCG from ever showing there again...

VBOA do not want this kind of association.

Corsasport is also a web forum, not an official club so it doesn't qualify. It was put forward and i was happy to do it, but got slated by non vauxhall/Corsa owners for it, so didn't bother.

You need administration and a structure.. Not a 1 man band writing a few scripts, charging £12.50 for the privilage then claiming itself as a club...

Matt H

29th Jun 06 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

• Clubs must have been operating for at least 12 months

• Clubs must not be exclusively web-based; in other words membership applications and general communications must be possible for people not having an internet connection

• It is preferred that a club has a management structure with identified responsibilities rather than being a one-man band

• It is preferred that a club has a written constitution or set of rules. This is to demonstrate accountability for handling members' money, ability to organize club attendance at events, dealing with serious misbehaviour by members etc.

• Clubs join on condition that they keep to the VBOA constitution. A copy will be provided to applicant clubs. Clubs are welcome to adapt this constitution for their own use if they wish

• Applications for joining are considered at the routine meetings of the Association where one or more representatives of the applying club are invited to make a presentation about the club's organization, activities etc. The requirement to attend such a meeting is waived for overseas clubs and a written application substituted

• After the presentation and if possible, at the same meeting, the VBOA will decide whether to approve the application. If successful, the Club is welcome to attend all Association meetings and events for a trial period of 12 months

• Clubs are required to nominate a representative (or a small number of rotating representatives) to attend regular VBOA meetings which are held in Luton 6 times a year

• On the successful completion of the trial period, the club is invited to become a fully affiliated member of the association on payment of a small one-off administration fee based on membership numbers, as follows: 0 to 100 - £10, 101 to 500 - £20, Over 501 - £30, Overseas clubs - free.

• All Clubs attending the VBOA National Rally and other VBOA events must be covered by public liability insurance.

• At the discretion of the VBOA, it may be possible to accept a Club as a guest to the VBOA National Rally or other events before they have been operating for 12 months, as part of the assessment

dna23

29th Jun 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would we need to do to be classed as a club VXR?
Daimo B

29th Jun 06 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Re-work the whole administration of the site.

Make a formal section, membership cards, press packs, cover by insurance, disclaimers and rules.

Possible get registered properly. Make it known that its becoming a formal club etc.

tbh, 4 years ago, it would have been easy, but now CS is known for its bullsh1tters and dossers and its massive non-vauxhall owner base. Good for a community yeah But comes to meets etc, how many Non Vauxhalls do you see at the proper registered clubs??? CS would find it very hard with ts current rep to turn into a proper presigious club. Plus you also need very committed people who will turn up to proper events, will put in the time to make the name good.

CS is there with the pretty banners and a web forum, but thats it...

IMO (Awaits flaming for having an opinion).......

I pay £12.50
I get a place to put pictures and an email....

Doesn't make it anything like a club.... Apart from using a web forum that has Corsa in the title, it just like joining any website...

willay
Premium Member

29th Jun 06 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FYI - this is all being discussed in the organisers forum, been a thread in there a while about the challanges we face and how we can get pass them.
dna23

29th Jun 06 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the info VXR

Willay, how can we overcome it then care to release any of the information in here regarding it...

[Edited on 29-06-2006 by dna23]
Lil_John
Banned

29th Jun 06 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ by not have corsa's would be a start.
Matt H

29th Jun 06 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Make a formal section, membership cards, press packs, cover by insurance, disclaimers and rules.

Possible get registered properly. Make it known that its becoming a formal club etc.

AS it stands...

I pay £12.50

Doesn't make it anything like a club.... Apart from using a web forum that has Corsa in the title, it just like joining any website...

I disagree

Obviously you wont be up to date with who does what nowdays but its not just on Ians shoulders

We have meets, shows etc etc

As many people pointed out - who wants a pointless newsletter & some bollocks keyring? We'd rather discount show tickets or put it into bettering the clubs facilities at shows

Liability insurance can be arranged

Its more a case of getting recognised as a club rather than a website. We know were a club, but we have to proove that to the committie.
Jake

29th Jun 06 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

AS it stands...

I pay £12.50

I disagree

Obviously you wont be up to date with who does what nowdays but its not just on Ians shoulders

We have meets, shows etc etc

As many people pointed out - who wants a pointless newsletter & some bollocks keyring? We'd rather discount show tickets or put it into bettering the clubs facilities at shows

Liability insurance can be arranged

Its more a case of getting recognised as a club rather than a website. We know were a club, but we have to proove that to the committie.

Exactly, Ian went bawlz deep for Corsasport members at PVS, this site isnt like alot of the corsa and vauxhall website out there.
willay
Premium Member

29th Jun 06 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This aint no corsa2corsa?
Jake

29th Jun 06 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you said that not me

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VBOA Billing '06 - Any news on this? 22 database queries in 0.0392089 seconds