corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine managment

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine managment
a_j_mair

User status: Offline
27th Jan 06 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much does engine managment cost?
what sensors would it still use?
is it worth it on a 1600 with just lexmaul inlet?
would it possibily solve my problems?
broster
Premium Member

27th Jan 06 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the same management as i have (Gotech MFi Pro) http://www.gotech.co.za/ you pay £1000 +vat supplied with loom, fitted professionally and mapped fully.

what sensors does it use? well the following:
throttle position sensor (not vauxhall rover i think is good)
CTS (vauxhall)
Crank shaft sensor (vauxhall)
lambda sensor (not necessary just handy to run closed loop for fuel economy)
im also using a focus st170 coil pack shouldnt cost too much IMO!
with a lemxual inlet and you plan more mods, like maybe cams and headwork? thne yes id say its well worth getting! also itll give you a fair boost in power remember jr was running 136bhp from a 1.4 with mantzel, cams headwork... with omex management..
solve your problems... depends what the problems are!
management related then yes!
sensor related, most likely!
make the engine better with less sensors! yes!

depends if you have the money, id say well worth it
a_j_mair

27th Jan 06 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problems with electrics EM light on. am using x16xel engine but have xe loom and some sensors. could be causing the problem.
would be worth it i reckon. plan on getting lexmaul exhaust manifold, head gas flowed is also an option, just dont no if i want to throw more money at it, specially when i dont have any money at present
broster
Premium Member

27th Jan 06 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you plan to keep it the new management will give you so many more options, the go-tech has built in launch control and full throttle gear change etc....
id do it, i dont regret getting it for mine... just means you want more and more tho to make the most of it! should see the good side of 130bhp with it on the lemxual engine i think, then with head work etc.... should be nice
a_j_mair

27th Jan 06 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the new managment would sort out all my problems but that is £1000 then new exhaust manifold is another £300, then some headwork another £300
will be another 2k before i no it

New Poll