corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tuning a x14xe

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tuning a x14xe
corsacalvin

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 05 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate jus brought a corsa sri with the x14xe engine in as he just passed his test,any ways he on about tuning it,as he cant put bigger engine it as he only 17,do you reckon he shud mod it or leave it, as he on about getting cams n inlet n chip etc
Butler

22nd Dec 05 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any mods you do to the engine will up the insurance as with a bigger engine
MR2Mike

22nd Dec 05 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the same car mate, and asked this a while back, he will need to spend around £500 just to get it as fast as a gsi, no point really, just wait till you can afford an xe is the way forward lol
corsacalvin

22nd Dec 05 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i no wot ya mean mate,i got an xev goin in mine any way,he jus wants abit of power outer it for the meanwhile
MR2Mike

22nd Dec 05 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, theres not gonna be much noticeable difference mate, itll beat other 1.4s but not a gsi, so personally ive decided to wait
corsacalvin

22nd Dec 05 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine at the mo not far behind gsi's,xev power soon tho
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

23rd Dec 05 at 00:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd say its worth getting an inlet for it. my insurance company (CIS) didn't charge me any more for one on my GSi, and you'll get very good power gains from it.

Price isn't too much of a problem either, if you buy a genuine inlet (mantzel, dbilas, lexmaul) they hold their value very well. won't loose much when you come to sell it.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
corsacalvin

23rd Dec 05 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much brake did u get out of ya inlet?
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

23rd Dec 05 at 00:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was on the X16XE, had rolling road proof of 23 Bhp which is even higher than they claimed! Certainly felt it aswell!

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
corsacalvin

23rd Dec 05 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

friggin hell thats alot
Ant

23rd Dec 05 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lexmaul is always good if you dont plan any other mods
broster
Premium Member

23rd Dec 05 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tuned my x14xe then swapped all the bits to an x16xe when i got bored....
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Dec 05 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
yeah, theres not gonna be much noticeable difference mate, itll beat other 1.4s but not a gsi, so personally ive decided to wait

i wish people would actually get their facts right first

my car was noticeably quicker than standard, even when i just had the lexmaul inlet, its the best thing ive ever put on the car

to be honest, id say stick with the 1.4, then when hes a bit older, throw a 1.6 in for good measure, its an engine designed to be in the car, and if vauxhall intended the C20 to be in the corsa, they'd have built one

X16s are easily as tuneable as C20s anyway, as broster has proved, and people like SBD have managed 260bhp from them, and for the money, its as good for power as the C20

no arguements.... cant be aarsed with the C20/X16 arguement again cos its personal preferance, so dont go there
Butler

23rd Dec 05 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi
It was on the X16XE, had rolling road proof of 23 Bhp which is even higher than they claimed! Certainly felt it aswell!

Which inlet was it?
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Dec 05 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dbilas one, rob b's new engine

lexmaul gives about the same, and keeps mid range torque too
Butler

23rd Dec 05 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do lexmauls come standard in red?
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Dec 05 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes

mine is "custom"
MR2Mike

23rd Dec 05 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
quote:

my car was noticeably quicker than standard, even when i just had the lexmaul inlet, its the best thing ive ever put on the car

to be honest, id say stick with the 1.4, then when hes a bit older, throw a 1.6 in for good measure, its an engine designed to be in the car, and if vauxhall intended the C20 to be in the corsa, they'd have built one

X16s are easily as tuneable as C20s anyway, as broster has proved, and people like SBD have managed 260bhp from them, and for the money, its as good for power as the C20

no arguements.... cant be aarsed with the C20/X16 arguement again cos its personal preferance, so dont go there

you should get your facts right first, i made this same thread ages ago and everyone told me it was pointless tuning the 1.4 16v as it wouldnt even beat a gsi.

[Edited on 23-12-2005 by Mike_Corsa]
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Dec 05 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok

you win

Butler

23rd Dec 05 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MR2Mike

23rd Dec 05 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks, the only reason i said he should wait till he can insure a bigger engine is because thats what everyone told me

Robin
Premium Member

23rd Dec 05 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, thats sort of what i said, but i never said it wasnt worth doing, it is, my car was so much more fun after i'd finished

but anyway......
MR2Mike

23rd Dec 05 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i may do this to mine mate, as ive spent £200 fixing it just recently
broster
Premium Member

23rd Dec 05 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
quote:

you should get your facts right first, i made this same thread ages ago and everyone told me it was pointless tuning the 1.4 16v as it wouldnt even beat a gsi.

lol......
jr

23rd Dec 05 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.4 16v was 136bhp, it beat lots of things, including tunned GSI's

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tuning a x14xe 23 database queries in 0.1863360 seconds