corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cr question

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cr question
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
21st Oct 04 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No j1400 suggests using a vernier inlet cam pulley as the sensor dosnt register off this pulley, with the exhaust one enlongate the hole that locks the pulley to the cam so you have a few degrees of adjustment on it, then tighten it up good when timed in
broster
Premium Member

21st Oct 04 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had my cr increased whe nthe head work was done. ill find out what it is now
masterx81

21st Oct 04 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
No j1400 suggests using a vernier inlet cam pulley as the sensor dosnt register off this pulley, with the exhaust one enlongate the hole that locks the pulley to the cam so you have a few degrees of adjustment on it, then tighten it up good when timed in

Ok
James R

21st Oct 04 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Broster, it depend on how out the cams are, it's notious for aftermarket cams to be well out, but you'd be looking at 2-5BHP depending on how bad it is. It can help reduce low end losses and also be used to nudge power up the revs a bit.
In the region of £150 I think for a set.
Siberia

21st Oct 04 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

explain that about the exhaust pully again........
James R

21st Oct 04 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the pulley you have the cntre hole then a locating hole to make sure it lines up correctly relative to the cam, you elongate this hole so you can adjust the cam a few degrees either way and set the timing correctly. then tighten up the mofo and it's not likely to move.
However to do this you'll need a pluger type dial gauge to set the timing up 100% spot on. not worth doing if your engine is std, unless you are a student and have too much time on your hands
masterx81

21st Oct 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
To be able to run vernier pulleys you need aftermarket managment as the X16XE + C16XE use a sensor on the standard cams which you need, aftermarket managment will mean ya dont need this and you can also ditch the AFM on the C16XE, should gain ya a few horses with just well mapped managment
Standard managment cannot be mapped without say a Unichip, but summit like DTA engine managment is far superior,

[Edited on 21-10-2004 by Greasemonkey]

Whot is a unichip?
Greasemonkey

21st Oct 04 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A unichip replaces the standard engine map, you car will have this chip installed then be programmed on a rolling road to run to its optimum and the program save onto the chip, when ya mod ya engine a bit more ya just go bakc and have it mapped again
Siberia

21st Oct 04 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but if you elongate the hole would the pully not be moving up and down... stretching the belt etc...
masterx81

21st Oct 04 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Powerfull...
But if i do the work to a workshop, with a realtime programming of the eprom (emulating), isn't the same thing? Without having to install a new sort of ecu in the car? here a dyno realtime map can cost 350€... not too much...
masterx81

21st Oct 04 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
but if you elongate the hole would the pully not be moving up and down... stretching the belt etc...

If i have understood, is not enlarged the center hole, but the timing hole...
The worst thing to have is that the timing will return to the factory setting...
Siberia

21st Oct 04 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u cant reprogram a standard ECU (i think )
masterx81

21st Oct 04 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
u cant reprogram a standard ECU (i think )

It has only an eprom! erase with uv-ray and reprogram!
To find the correct map is connected an emulator of eprom in the place of the original eprom, and try some modified maps. When it's satisfying, reprogram the eprom
Greasemonkey

21st Oct 04 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ya cannot re-mapp standard ECU's no,
masterx81

21st Oct 04 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have different ecu???
I have deassembled an x16xe ecu (code BNAM), an i have find the eprom (classical with the glass windows for the erase). Not remember if is a 512kbit or else
masterx81

21st Oct 04 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little correction...
The ECU is not programmable, but the EPROM yes!
In fact the fule ignition maps are in the EPROM, the spark advance also...
So, the only thing to modify are some values on the EPROM (more ignition timings, etc).
After that the ecu read the values from the eprom a make decisions...
James R

21st Oct 04 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But you're still limited as to what you can burn on to the eprom, based on the calculations the hardware makes, i.e superchips.
And is also confinded to the sensors found with it.
mappable management allows you to place the map sites where you want with in the range of input valves, so you can map it perfectly for your engine. not a series of maps with are close. There should be no compramise when fueling and ign is involved imo.
masterx81

21st Oct 04 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are surely better, you can control every aspect of the map, but at what price?
Is not better to remap the original ecu until have sufficent money (or needs...) to replace directly it with a better unit (surely fully mappable)?
broster
Premium Member

21st Oct 04 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j1400
Broster, it depend on how out the cams are, it's notious for aftermarket cams to be well out, but you'd be looking at 2-5BHP depending on how bad it is. It can help reduce low end losses and also be used to nudge power up the revs a bit.
In the region of £150 I think for a set.

worth it really i think, ill get a set and then just fit the one and do a bodge job on the other till i get some dta type management!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll