corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tuning a x14xe

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tuning a x14xe
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 05 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, i agree, inlet, exhaust inc manifold, air filter and then 1.6 in the future
Ant

23rd Dec 05 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anybody got any graphs of a 1.4 16v before and after exhaust manifold? reason I ask is i didnt notice any real difference affter fiting mine to the x14xe, but then i had the lexmaul fitted and was constantly bothered by the dreaded eml!! if you do choose small block you MUST consider the cost of proper managment as although the engine may have been designed with 140 BHP (x16) in mind the managment sure as hell wasnt!!
MR2Mike

24th Dec 05 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eml ? fuckin hell that bastard better not come on if i get this manifold
corsa120

24th Dec 05 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had same problem aritchie on my small blocks

i fitted janspeed 4-2-1 and then decent exhaust with vipor filter and decat, all these mods i noticed no difference in what u could call performance, engine revved more free abit but...... easy 1k it cost me for nothin. i was riddled with eml on my old engines and my mrs 1.6 well list goes on.....

i think parts like the above make a car run better with the standard power its got, not performance enhancing really..... its like when robmarriot first got his done broster said feels no diff to his when was 140bhp well robs is 10bhp down so it just goes to show 10bhp is not noticeable if u get me..... (this is for example use rob/mark that small bhp cant be noticed)
broster
Premium Member

24th Dec 05 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all of my engines have been fine the x14xe never had a problem till someone messed about fitting a fse boost valve on it.... not going into detail there. then i decided i wanted more fitted my x16xe, not a problem with that ever did well reved to 7200 on a regular basis would happily do that did spend most of its time above 6k to be honest lol! then i had problems with the fuel containing water.... again we wont go into that.

Im honoured to see that people say some highly tuned 1.6's wont be reliable, well other than a few teathing problems we have had with mine it starts fine runs well and goes well, uses no oil and no water. cant ask for more than that, its done over 5k now.... so we shall see i dont see it having problems to be honest with you, but then again you dont tune an engine to get nearly 80bhp over standard (70% more power than standard) and expect reliability lets be honest here please!

anyway its xmas im going now need to do some last min shpping. maybe i should take my misses car mine may blow up...

oh and my 288 degree cam'd corsa mnaged to make it to london get stuck in big traffic jams and it pooteled along nice and happily, so they are reliable round town!
Jamie Walby

24th Dec 05 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
ive just been on there, i also couldnt believe those prices. im waiting for Jamie to come on now and say £700 is cheap as chips

I got mine from adam for £280
MR2Mike

24th Dec 05 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very good
Jamie Walby

24th Dec 05 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gobble Gobble Gobble.

£700 aint a lot in the grand scheme of things
MR2Mike

24th Dec 05 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ofcourse not jamie, why dont you buy us all one for xmas
Jamie Walby

24th Dec 05 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........ok.

u2u me your address, ill just send you a cheque
MR2Mike

24th Dec 05 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thankyou very very much. its a good job they are so cheap isnt it
RedTop

24th Dec 05 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
where can i buy practical performance mag? i need to see that

WHsmith is your best bet. theres allways good cars in like this. worth subscribing......i did.
Jamie Walby

24th Dec 05 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u not recieved......didnt say they were cheap, just not a lot of money. I dont class anything a lot of money until its value is more than I earn in a month.

MR2Mike

24th Dec 05 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa120

24th Dec 05 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

umm the sarcasm begins hey mark im sure ur car will be fine but 5k is not a large scale mileage is it and i never said it would not be reliable only time can tell that but it is certainly under like u said 70% more stress which will take its toll on something under the bonnet same with any engine whether it be 1.2 or 2.0.

if we're starting sarcasm i may need to migrate to america with my car as they dont have corners there, my all so heavy 6tonne big block will be fine in straight lines with all them mild corners ill be fine.

whay are east midz lot so touchy its all friendly banter

[Edited on 24-12-2005 by corsa120]
Ant

24th Dec 05 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my initial post was to gather opinion on the benefit of the exhaust manifold as corsa 120 said xe engined corsa's cant go round corners therfore they shouldnt be brought into consideration.

what i dont understand is how this c20xe managed to even get off the gorund let alone win the national tarmac rally championship

[Edited on 24-12-2005 by aritchie]

[Edited on 24-12-2005 by aritchie]
MR2Mike

24th Dec 05 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tuning a x14xe 23 database queries in 0.0149338 seconds