corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 16v engine prob

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 16v engine prob
supacook2k

User status: Offline
   18th Jul 05 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my engine is doing my head in! when driving in any gear and at at least 2000 revs it starts jerking but sometimes it stops then when idle'in sometimes the revs drop to 500 and keep going up and down., i took off my induction kit and put on the standard filter and airbox thinking it may have been the induction kit as it was quite dirty but no luck. anyone got any suggestions
CoastalCorsa

18th Jul 05 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine did this to me an it kept getting worse wiv the engine cutting out
had it plugged into a fault finder and a diagnostic machine and all the injectors were out of time but the problem came back again so i took it off the road and its sat down drive now cos no one can find any faults wiv it
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

18th Jul 05 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouild start by cleaning the idle control valve.
langey

18th Jul 05 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine did this mate, never got it serviced or fuck all, just carried on running it, and the cylinder head cracked
supacook2k

19th Jul 05 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm putting an xe in it once i get my conversion kit from cosvaux! but in the meantime i want this sorted. where will i find the idle control valve and what should i use to clean it?

New Poll