corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car Keeps Stopping

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Keeps Stopping
dave85

User status: Offline
   13th Jul 04 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its happened twice now im driving along then all of a sudden the engine cuts out without any spluttering. Try to start it and it turns over but wont fire. First time it happened it was 11pm so left it till morning and it just started and was fine up till yesturday.

It stopped again n wudnt start so got a push out the way had a look at the coil connection left it for a bit and then it started,

but has now started juddering every once in a while.

Any1 got any ideas?
modded_corsa

13th Jul 04 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

starter motor ?
dodgy wiring on starter motor?
alternator?
duff cell in your battery?

they wud be my first suggestions
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have ya got a Vauxhall alarm, i had your symptoms for 2 years progressivly getting worser, took the whole 2 years to get to the bottom of it after changing every sensor on the engine, £350 later and all the old alarm removed and new clifford installed it sorted it
dave85

13th Jul 04 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It s got an alarm but not a vauxhall one but has got the standard vaux immobilser which was 1 thing i thought it cud be.

I cant really see it being the starter motor alternator or battery coz it cuts out whilst driving and then turns over fine but just doesnt fire!

Cheers fellas anymore suggestions wud be helpful as its dun it again when i pulled in my drive!!!!!

New Poll