corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ALARM HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ALARM HELP
Valleyscorsa

User status: Offline
11th Nov 03 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car got broke in on the weekend (see the welsh regional board for details) and seing how easy it was done i think its time to get an alarm, anybody give me some ideas of what i should be looking for? I dont wana spend to much but i want it to do the job, basically, what alarm should i go for??

Cheers, Jamie
ice-man

11th Nov 03 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it all depends on how much money your willing to pay?
if i were you i would go for the toad Ai606 which you can buy and fit for around £275 to £300.
the other option is the clifford concept 300 which is about £300 to £350 (slightly better and more respectable name)
both do a good job without breaking the bank
James@CCC

13th Nov 03 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can either of these, or any others, activate deadlocks. Also will they have a tilt control in case someone tried to have my wheels.

I was also just broke into, it amazing how piss it must be to smash a window, lean in and leave with something worth 200 quid
jm960326

13th Nov 03 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as most of us know, there is no aftermarket alarm that activates the dead locks as they are manually done with the key.
Sparco

13th Nov 03 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tilt control is an extra 25 quid, garage that i got my toad ai606 fitted at said it was no use at stopping alloy theft cause car has to be tilted pretty high before it does anything. It'll do a good job of stopping someone take your car though

End of the day the alarm can't stop people taking ur posessions, depends on where its parked, i'd invest in some of those window films which stop the window breaking when hit, tints could offer a little protection aswell.
drunkenfool

14th Nov 03 at 04:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that standard security film? Im moving house soon and wont be able to keep my car in a garage at night any more, so i want to invest in a good alarm, probably with a pager function.
Voyto

16th Nov 03 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy a big dog
IntaCepta

16th Nov 03 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really feasable.
u have to start buying it food and stuff
cdcool1

17th Nov 03 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my xsara you operate the deadlocks by remote, so yea, remotes for alarms can operate deadlocks.

i had a choice of alarm or tints, and since i got an immobiliser as standard, i chose tints. Had an alarm on my corsa, but still didnt stop them breaking in. At least tints make it more difficult to get in. could maybe look at de-locking/handling too.

New Poll