corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Part 2 of my alarm problems!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Part 2 of my alarm problems!
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 03 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As some of you may know, I recently had a Clifford Concept 300 fitted to my Astra a few weeks ago, ever since it's been fitted, I've had numerous problems with it, basically the alarm going off at random times of the day/night, sometimes when I try to stop it screaming through the whole of Oxford it doesn't want to know.

Anyway, he phoned me up just now to say he is in Swindon and will be on his way to come down here (at work) to sort it out, he said to me "most of the time we find it's down to user operational error" and I'm like "how can it be user operational error if the fucking alarm goes off at 6am some mornings when I'm asleep, or when it's really hot outside and I'm in work"...

Last wednesday he came down to turn down the sensitivity of it because if you so much as pushed the car with your hands it would go off, that "problem" has been fixed, but it still goes off when it feels like it!

Quite embarrasing at work last thursday when it went off in the afternoon, there is about 700 people that work here, and the whole building could hear that sodding thing, even with the windows closed!

If he doesn't fix the alarm today once and for all I'm gonna tell him to shove his shitty alarm up his ass and give me a full refund!

*trys to chill out*
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Apr 03 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u'd be more angry if it didn't go off and it got nicked
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Apr 03 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd rather listen to your alarm that what's on in my office at the moment.

some guys playin whitney houston, tripe
Sam
Premium Member

23rd Apr 03 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
u'd be more angry if it didn't go off and it got nicked

I would! Since it went off last thursday till now I just put it in valet mode whenever I get out of the car, that way I can actually drive my car and can go to sleep at night without it going off!

You know, when I had my old Corsa, it only had a £250 Meta alarm (non-Thatcham), the only thing I had to do was just change the batteries in the key fob!
Sam
Premium Member

23rd Apr 03 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Are they homos?
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Apr 03 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm...still waiting to get my clifford installed.

Most stories i hear are good ones. I think it's mostly down to the engineer that installed it.
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Apr 03 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:

Are they homos?

well, i don't think he's gay, but he's camp as fcuk. Nice guy tho, invited me out for dinner

[Edited on 23-04-2003 by loafofbrett]
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Apr 03 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jokin
Sam
Premium Member

23rd Apr 03 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
jokin

Well the guy that's coming out to sort it is the same guy that installed it, and the same guy that came out on wednesday

In case anyone was wondering, I bought this alarm from Halfords ( ) and they use a company called Hyde Park Corner to come out to your home/work to install the alarm. Anyone ever had dealings with them before?
Mikorsa16v

23rd Apr 03 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds pretty unlucky mate, loafofbrett, it does totaly rely on the engineer installing it, cos my 300 has been fine after 3 months (after tuning the sensitivity down)
Sam
Premium Member

23rd Apr 03 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it's probably down to a shit installation and/or faulty component(s), but it kind of puts me off buying Clifford alarms in the future...
Mikorsa16v

23rd Apr 03 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, but it shouldnt mate! cos these cases are rare, and installers have told me that these alarms are the best..if they are installed properly, looks like the bloke is a bit of a monkey, tell him if its not right, u want the money back to get it fitted properly!
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Apr 03 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't buy from halfords mate.
halfords overcharge and undercut, etc, etc. shite.

go to the clifford website, enter your postcode and find and authorised dealer/installer in your area other than halfords.

[Edited on 23-04-2003 by loafofbrett]
Sam
Premium Member

23rd Apr 03 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think if it's still not sorted after today I might go to a proper Clifford dealer round here and just pay to get it fixed properly, and perhaps write one of my special letter of complaint to Clifford about Hyde Park Corner.

It does seem to me that this installer keeps trying to make out that I'm thick and I don't know how to use an alarm key fob or something. He'll probably tell me I set my alarm off in my sleep next!
Mikorsa16v

23rd Apr 03 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

halfords/ripspeed/AA centre couldnt even fit my back box properly lazy twats
shawboy

23rd Apr 03 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people in halfords/ripspeed havent got a clue.
Sam
Premium Member

24th Apr 03 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK... the alarm guy was at work yesterday from about 4.45pm-5.45pm, he plugged in his laptop to the alarm ECU thing, and the codes came up as basically one or both of the doors have been opened, which is why the alarm was triggered off.

He didn't actually have a clue what is wrong with it, so I'm going to phone Clifford today and see what they have to say about it.

The alarm guy said if it goes off again the only thing he can do is change the alarm ECU, as he checked/tested everything else, and there was "no fault found"...
waynep

24th Apr 03 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shawboy
people in halfords/ripspeed havent got a clue.

yes they hav however we stopped doina ll alarms now dod to the fitting services of them wet down hill
Joff

24th Apr 03 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam, I had a problem in Oxford with all the taxi's - their radios seem to operate on some frequencies that can mess with the alarm

Joff

24th Apr 03 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest, is it only limited to the 300 or does the 600 also have reported problems?
Sam
Premium Member

24th Apr 03 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
Sam, I had a problem in Oxford with all the taxi's - their radios seem to operate on some frequencies that can mess with the alarm

Really? Do you have a Concept 300 too then?
Sam
Premium Member

24th Apr 03 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another update... this morning I wrote an email to Clifford asking them why their alarm is not working on the Astra, and I just had a phone call from Hyde Park Corner (the company who sent out the mobile fitter), apparently they are going to send out a "senior fitter" next week to remove my existing alarm and install another brand new Concept 300. The saga continues...
Fad

24th Apr 03 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck mate keep us all updated

my mates an installer and he reckons clifford installers are trained to the highest standard....we shall see soon
Sam
Premium Member

24th Apr 03 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers!

I wonder what they'll do next if they fit the new alarm and I still have the same problems?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Part 2 of my alarm problems! 22 database queries in 0.0155399 seconds