corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Central locking for a none central locking car.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Central locking for a none central locking car.
Makarus

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 03 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.2 8V has a Toad A101CL alarm fitted, I bought that alarm because I was hoping to get the central locking kit put on. The thing is I wasnt all round central loking, my 2 doors and my boot, yet all alarm companies only do the kit for 2 doors and not the alarm.

Is my best bet to go down a scrappies and buy all the motors and such, then link it all up myself, and then get the alarm guy to come and link it into the alarm??

Cheers,
Sean.
Drew
Banned

23rd Feb 03 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people who fitted the alarm should be able to fit a motor to each door to unlock them
Makarus

23rd Feb 03 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but I also want the boot to be opened through central locking linked to the alarm system.

The companies I have rung, which is about 8 or so, dont do the option for the boot, only for the doors.
Makarus

23rd Feb 03 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
Rob H

23rd Feb 03 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno how the locking works on the boot but is there not a way of buying a kit for a 4 door, and using one of the other solonoids in the boot?
FlameRedCorsa

23rd Feb 03 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The solenoid for the boot is smaller than the universal ones that are normally used for the doors, the reason I was told is that there isn't enough space for a universal one, dunno how true it is as I haven't had a look. I had an idea to get a solenoid from the scrappys from the boot of a 3 door and get it wired up, haven't been able to find one yet, but its an idea for you to try. I have just got universal solenoids in the doors at the moment wired up to the alarm and they do the trick.
Drew
Banned

24th Feb 03 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

idea for ya......................

get alarm to lock the doors, remove the boot lock - and get the keyfob to pop the boot open with a solinoid. not sure wot my toad alarm is but mine can do it - is urs the cat 1?
Makarus

24th Feb 03 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No its the A101CL

It has the green button to arm and disarm it, and then it has a black button that if it is pressed before the green it will allow a silent set.
TOMAS

24th Feb 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The A101 has the option of remote boot OPENING if you go to the trouble of having a solenoid fitted in the boot. Hold down the black button for 3secs to activate this...
uprated

12th Jun 04 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a 4 door kit from demon tweeks and hooked up my boot and filler cap, piss easy mate, just means you have to take a bit of interior out, boot was a bastard to get the wires in, i used a coat hanger with fishing line and hook attached to pull the wires through.

oh and i had to fabricate some mounting brackets and drill a couple of holes on the inside wing

[Edited on 12-06-2004 by uprated]

New Poll