corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....

New Poll
  <<  88    89    90    91    92    93    94  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....
Dom

User status: Offline
26th Mar 13 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty cool render of a UI apps switcher - http://vimeo.com/61373732#
It takes a lot from WebOS/OS10 and the jailbreak app Auxo but i think it'd be an extremely handy feature to have within iOS
Balling
Premium Member

26th Mar 13 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty cool. Much better than the messy concept Ash posted a while back.

LeeM

26th Mar 13 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toggles bit at the end is a nice touch.
Russ

26th Mar 13 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't that ui just similar to android but with live preview and searcg ? Both of which rumoured with KLP
Dom

26th Mar 13 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Isn't that ui just similar to android but with live preview and searcg ? Both of which rumoured with KLP

It's closer to WebOS and Auxo (music controls and toggles) than it is Android.
Russ

26th Mar 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not used either. Looks pretty though.
A2H GO

26th Mar 13 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw this this morning, it was only the other day they were talking about how webos still had the best multitasking of any modern smartphone on the imore podcast and that Apple should implement it on iOS.

As said its similar to Auxo but would be nice to have it as a standard feature but only if the windows are live. I'd imagine that would be a big overhaul of the way in which iOS is built though in terms of not freezing non current apps.

Also, I'd imagine once you get a few open it's an insane memory hog and then you end up down the road of android like performance issues.
Dom

26th Mar 13 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
As said its similar to Auxo but would be nice to have it as a standard feature but only if the windows are live. I'd imagine that would be a big overhaul of the way in which iOS is built though in terms of not freezing non current apps.

Majority of background apps under iOS are set to the suspended state, unless killed for resources. So they could change the focused app state to active and display the output, then switch the app back to the suspended state when out of focus giving the appearance of live windows.

Having all apps running and generating live windows would be impossible due to the finite resources. Closest they could get is to do something similar to WebOS and OS10 and limit the number of open apps but that'd require changing how multitasking is handled within iOS (ie - overhaul of the OS).

[Edited on 26-03-2013 by Dom]
Balling
Premium Member

27th Mar 13 at 07:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
would be nice to have it as a standard feature but only if the windows are live.
See, I still don't get this.

Where's the need for the live preview?

Surely 90 % (if not more) of the app's used on phones automatically turn static as soon as you don't use them.

Looking in the app switcher on my phone the most recent app's are:
Messages, Mail, Browser, Phone, Maps, Homebanking, MindFeud, Photos, Twitter, App Store, Settings, IMDb, Calendar etc...

Out of those, the only one that will not automatically turn static as soon as i put down my phone is Maps if I use turn-by-turn navigation.

Maybe I'm just not using the right app's to have this need!?

A2H GO

27th Mar 13 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess in some ways it would be less user friendly for example with the current multitasking tray you have access to 8 recently used apps with one swipe however in the concept you'd have access to two.

I just think multitasking on iOS is tedious and switching between apps needs to be much more effortless. Zephyr helps a lot, for example I haven't used the home button in weeks, being able to swipe up to close apps feels so much nicer than using the home button, and swiping left and right between apps (since you usually want to go between the app you're in and the last one you were in) is much more fluid and natural than using the multitasking tray.
mwg

27th Mar 13 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't look all that. Doesn't excite me enough to write more than this about it.
mwg

27th Mar 13 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know you're badly done to in life when pressing the home button is too much of a chore for you. Fucking hell.

[Edited on 27-03-2013 by mwg]
A2H GO

27th Mar 13 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, silly me talking about UX in response to a UX video in Geek Day
Dom

27th Mar 13 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I just think multitasking on iOS is tedious and switching between apps needs to be much more effortless. Zephyr helps a lot, for example I haven't used the home button in weeks, being able to swipe up to close apps feels so much nicer than using the home button, and swiping left and right between apps (since you usually want to go between the app you're in and the last one you were in) is much more fluid and natural than using the multitasking tray.

Sounds very OS10...
Nath

27th Mar 13 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
You know you're badly done to in life when pressing the home button is too much of a chore for you. Fucking hell.

[Edited on 27-03-2013 by mwg]

1st World problems
andys sxi
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my iPhone 5 today from the tesco mobile, it's on O2 600 minutes, unlimited texts, 750mb data free phone £32 a month for 2 years. It was the cheapest deal I could find

April 08 feature car
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 29-03-2013 by Steve]
John

29th Mar 13 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New one will be out soon.
andys sxi
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no date set for the new one

just saying Steve letting people know about the deal, I didn't know that you could get a contract through tesco

April 08 feature car
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no beef intended i just found that image amusing at the time
Russ

29th Mar 13 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its £31 a month at affordable mobiles for ultd data
A2H GO

29th Mar 13 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seem to use a ridiculous amount of data on this, up to 6gb this month.

Never off it though tbf.
Bart

29th Mar 13 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just looked on the o2 site, they don't appear to be offering shorter contract lengths than 2 years.
I shall be holding out for the next iphone, but it seems a bit shit to not offer anything else.
Dom

29th Mar 13 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
I got my iPhone 5 today from the tesco mobile, it's on O2 600 minutes, unlimited texts, 750mb data free phone £32 a month for 2 years. It was the cheapest deal I could find

Unfortunately as Russ said, there are better deals out there like >THIS< and there were a few really good Quidco/TopCashBack deals on sim-only contracts (T-mobile had their Full Monty for £7.50 p/m; add a sim-free iPhone and it worked out £700 over 2 years).
andys sxi
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanted to stay with O2 and on that website there offering the same deal as I got

April 08 feature car

<<  88    89    90    91    92    93    94  >>

New Poll