corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Data over power interference

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Data over power interference
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Nov 15 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been installing a heater system for a while now which uses data over power to communicate with the control panel. I've had a couple of properties where TVs etc have interfered with the communication.

Is there any way I can veiw interference over circuits in a property?
Andrew

10th Nov 15 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wireless not an option?
Gary
Premium Member

10th Nov 15 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No its not my product, it's built to use date over power
Bart

10th Nov 15 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm wondering if an RF Choke (ferrite ring) would make a difference?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMC_problem_(excessive_field_strength)#RF_chokes_on_leads

I don't think they cost a lot, might be worth a punt.
Gary
Premium Member

10th Nov 15 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The issue happens with fridges also, randomly, I just wond3red if there was a way to look at any noise on a curcuit when I'm trouble shooting an install
oceansoul

10th Nov 15 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could probably find interference using an oscilloscope. Would need to know what your looking for though.
Gary
Premium Member

11th Nov 15 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had to do it before and don't fancy forking out 300 quid for an oscilloscope to fuigure it out
Dom

11th Nov 15 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A scope would show you the waveform (mains is typically noisy anyway) and potentially you could determine which appliance is the problem but if you already know which appliances are causing the issues then i'd be looking at ways of isolating them. Alternatively, isolate your heating circuit.

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Never had to do it before and don't fancy forking out 300 quid for an oscilloscope to fuigure it out

Well if you want a visual representation of interference then a scope is about your only option Plus you can get Chinese scopes for about a third of the cost that'd do the job.

Tbh, it might be worth getting someone in that knows what they're doing

[Edited on 11-11-2015 by Dom]
Gary
Premium Member

11th Nov 15 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's only a very small part of the job tbh, not something that has to be done. Might buy a cheap one to play with

New Poll