corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Odd noises from my sound system

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Odd noises from my sound system
ollied

User status: Offline
19th Feb 06 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have recently fitted a set of 6x9s and 2 10 inch subs into my car. They are all powered off a 1000w amp as this was all i could afford at the time.

Now for the problems

There are strange noises coming from the speakers
firstly if i have the cd paused there is a slight tapping sort of noise coming out of the speakers but seems to go away when i turn it off pause it goes away.

The second problem is that when i turn the engine on all sorts of interferance comes out of the rear speakers its starts as a highpitched clicking noise in time with the starter motor and then when the engine is started it just is a loud whine, none of this happens when i have the engine off and also if i disconnect one of the 6x9s it doesnt seem to happen

What could be the cause of it any ideas, could it be the wiring or is my head unit fubar?

Any help is appreciated thanks
ollied

19th Feb 06 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also i forgot to add

its a 4 channel amp
the subwoofers are connected up to the bridgable channels and the 6X9's to the other two channels
WATSON

19th Feb 06 at 05:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a wire problem.. Maybe not possible but have you got the power cable running along same side as all the rest of the cables? i have seen that become a problem a few times in the past..

Also just check back of headunit that all wires are ok and dont touch anything they shouldnt be
PK1
Banned

19th Feb 06 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you've used a cheap wiring kit (motorworld?) then you will get interference on your RCA's from your power cable.

As for ths startermotor interference its either going to be the powercable interference again or could be interference from other wires if you ran it along next to the wiring harness that goes along the inner door sills

either way to solve it either reroute your wires or buy a decent wiring kit
ollied

19th Feb 06 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the power lead and remote cable running down the passenger side and the rca lead running down the drivers side

could it be interferance from the engine bay?

thanks
ollied

20th Feb 06 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have since checked the ground point and this does not seem to be the problem,

I have the power lead running down a totally different side of the car than the rca leads to reduce interferance so im not too sure its that

Is my best bet to try a interferance filter
i have heard that they can reduce the amount of bass signals recieved by the amp though

New Poll