corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » when laying cables..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when laying cables..
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jun 04 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would run power cables down one side and the RCA's on the other side of the car?

Was having a conversation with someone on here last night and they have the RCAs/power cable running down the same (left) side of the car, I thought this would cause alot of interference?

comments?
Trotty

13th Jun 04 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd be right guv

I've got 0ga power down the left, RCA's down the middle and speaker wire to the right, works a treat
willay
Premium Member

13th Jun 04 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RCA's down the middle, how hard is that in the C lol?
Trotty

14th Jun 04 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not as bad as you'd imagine TBH dude

Easier to take the seats out really, plenty of room to move then.
willay
Premium Member

15th Jun 04 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mission.
cdcool1

15th Jun 04 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RCAs next to power cable shouldnt cause any noticeable interference. You only get interference induced by alternating current. The power cable wont cause interference on the RCAs because its more or less DC. The RCAs might cause little fluctuations on the power cable, but will almost be negligable because there is very little current in the RCAs.

Speaker cable is the main wire that you want to keep seperate from the other wires as this has the highest amount of alternating power running through it.

By all means seperate the wires if its no great hassle, i will be in mine as i'm going to be competing in SQ comps, but if it will cause bother, you wont really beable to notice intereference by running the RCAs next to the power cable, especially if its for a sub.
LukeGSi

16th Jun 04 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Willay come to ours and i'll sort your install
Trotty

16th Jun 04 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you wont Luke, you'll rip all his interior out
LukeGSi

16th Jun 04 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
willay
Premium Member

19th Jun 04 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll