corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » interference from my Alpine, help please!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author interference from my Alpine, help please!
Chrissy P

User status: Offline
19th Jan 04 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello. when i turn my engine on in my corsa my i get a load of crackling interference through my 6by9's. ive bought an interference compressor and fitted it but still have the cracklin sound through my speakers. please help me if you know what this could be. cheers.
Baz-Zico

19th Jan 04 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you been playin your music at a very high volume? just thinkin you could have blown somethin in your 6 by 9's, do you have a sub?
Chrissy P

19th Jan 04 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate, i wore them in over like a two week period, starting low and gettin higher. the noise has always been there since day one.
infinitycorsa

19th Jan 04 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check all your cabling m8.....you may have some fray wires crossin over...also where have u actually put the interence supressor? if its in the engine bay try be hind the dash........u may be pickin up interference after the filter so the closer u have the filter to the head unit the better it will be
Chrissy P

19th Jan 04 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer it could be that. the suppressors in my engine bay at the min which i spose isn't the best place. i think maybe its my speaker cables interfering together? would seperating them make a difference or do the two cables not interfere with each other?
Richie

19th Jan 04 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The interference suppressor is usually bolted to ground then connected to positive, but yours may be a unit with 2 wires.

Try running a new ground to your headunit.
infinitycorsa

20th Jan 04 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

honestly mate move the supressor to behind the head unit.....think about it like this..............the cable between the supressor and the head is actin like an arial ....it will pick up any interferecnce from the egine bay and electrics...hence why i say put it behind the headunit
Chrissy P

20th Jan 04 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll give it ago mate coz that sounds right to me
Martin_C

20th Jan 04 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a suppressor from halfords, but its an alternator one, can i use this on my hu too? its a bolt onto chassis type leg on it and a +ve wire.

New Poll