corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2 or 4 or 6 channel amp?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2 or 4 or 6 channel amp?
Garts

User status: Offline
18th Oct 04 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm trying to run some front components,my 6x9's and my 10" sub in my car.Its all alpine gear! I was just wondering what to run it all off.If i were to run my 6x9's and comps off one amp how many channels must it have?And i take it u hav to hav a seperate amp for your sub?Cheers
Dom

18th Oct 04 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would personally loose the 6x9s as they will sound cack, but its your choice.

eitherway, you should have a 4 channel amp for the comps and 6x9s - RMS rating of the highest set of speakers (most likely the 6x9s, but not always the case) and then turn the gains down for the comps + 50wRMS (reduce the overall gains, eg: both pairs, further) to stop distortion at high volumes.

Then get a monoblock amp for your sub - again a few watts over the RMS rating of the sub and reduce the gains abit
AdiSRI

19th Oct 04 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The man talks sense!

I power my 80w RMS comps with a 200w RMS x 2 amp and they love the power.
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

19th Oct 04 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does a monoblock amp do?
Dom

19th Oct 04 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flameredcorsab
what does a monoblock amp do?

one channel amp for subs that deliver higher and better quality power to the subs. They also only handle a limited frequency range, so it useless for other types of speakers.

However, i have also seen specially designed monoblock type amps for normal speakers (SQ), but you have one amp per speaker eg: for a set of comps you would have one amp for the left and one amp for the right etc but your talking mucho mucho mulla for stuff like that
Garts

19th Oct 04 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats great cheers for your help. I wasn't sure bout getting 6x9's but they're just to put me threw until i get my new sub and amp.Thinking of buying some new alpine sps 171A comps,anyone no if these are any gd?Cheers again

New Poll